Thread: Too stressed to dress

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Too stressed to dress

Usually, dressing helps me to relieve some stress. Lately, I have been super busy in my shop, and my helper (25 year old that was always bailed out by parents) quit when I told him we would need to discuss his attendance after calling off for the second time in a week, knowing damn well how swamped I have been. I saw him in the evening the first day he called off, and he was happy and laughing. The second time, I was on the way to my shop to specifically get things ready for him before going out on site when he texted that he wouldn't make it in...his shoulder hurt from bowling the night before.
    After I took my BP the other morning, I removed my toenail polish, thinking I would be making a trip to the ER. It was higher than it's ever been...176/110
    I just don't have any desire to dress right now...
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

My advice, Give the stress to somebody else, ie. 25 year old. Find the time to put on a dress. I was in business for 25 years and found time to relieve the stress with a dress. Just sayin'

Pretty toes you should have went to the emergency room with that B/P! The line is 200 on the top and anything over 100 on the bottom! Get rid of that stress! Best wishes for lowering that B/P! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

I feel the same way when I'm stressed sometimes. Other times, I'm just too tired to dress. Personally, I try not to let it bother me, it's always there when I need it.
    Please take care of yourself Prettytoes
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

I hope you get control of it, I was out of control before Christmas, but then released one way or another it always gets done.

Banned Read only
    I've always considered dressing as a stress reliever. However, sometimes the stress is just too darn much to tolerate and dressing just does not relief it. I think normal stress just builds up and must be relieved. Would you expect dressing to relieve stress caused by an automobile accident to a child? I'd suggest visiting the doctor.

There really are times that you get too busy to dress.

Stressful times are some of them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Some girls need to dress when stressed others go the other way and the dressing helps relieve the stress, I am more in your camp Prettytoes. Hopefully things calm down soon and you can paint your toenails again!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Aspiring Member
    Like some, my desire to dress is reduced when stress needles go into red...be kind to yourself. This too will pass.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I would have said get ready for work and I'll be by to pick you up in 10 min bowling shoulder or no bowling shoulder I pay you to work right so we are going to work you puss.
    Then give him all the crappy jobs all day.
    I had 2 guys working for me and I couldn't get them to take a day off which was good so I took off more days to do family stuff.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-23-2018 at 12:11 AM.

Not dressing is stressful in and of itself. So do your self a favor after work grab a glass of wine, take a nice warm bath then slip into something silky and soft before bed. Wake up breath and kick ass! Repeat as necessary.
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)

my moto, take time for me...dress to distress , hope you gain control of that ugly stress !

hug , Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I have been in you situation many times over the years and they always resulted in my doing what I had to and then dressing as a reward and venting the residual stress. But I applaud you for taking the 1st step for relieving your long term stress by letting him go. So many people now don't get it. Your job performance is an extension of what you are. And so many want a paycheck but not to work for it. Pride in their work is lost factor. So don't sweat it and give yourself a break it will all settle down and pick your new helper with a finer comb this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    There r many proven ways to relieve stress, Pretty. Dressing is not a very practical one. Meditation, or other controlled breathing and thinking mechanisms, reading, excercise, etc. U need to find one(s) that work for u!

I learned early on to be aware of when my stress levels r rising and deal with them BEFORE they overwhelm me. Most people can reduce their heart rate simply by closing their eyes and slowing their breathing. (That lowers your blood pressure, too). I've been doing that for so many years it's almost automatic!

While I often find dressing distracting and relaxing, I wouldn't recommend anyone count on it routinely for that.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!