Thread: Rainy day people (sounds like a song?)

Rainy day people (sounds like a song?)

It's another rainy, cool day here in the Garden state, I was out passing the time window shopping and just driving around looking for trouble. There I was sitting at a table in the diner staring out the window sipping my coffee and picking at my muffin feeling kind of melancholy with the soft rock music in the air and the sound of rain hitting the metal siding on the diner. The waitress must have noticed my mood and asked once or twice "are you alright sweetie?", I tried to explain how I felt as though even people seem to be less "sunny" and friendly on dreary days and it gets to me. Now I don't know if she said anything but a gentleman approached, asked if he could sit and talk and that I looked lonely and he hates to see lovely ladies being so sad, I kind of felt special having a man use a "pick-up line" on me. I felt as though I should explain my birth gender and that I would understand his repulsion and I was not trying to fool anyone I was just being my "natural" self. Afterwards he stated that all he seen was a woman needing a little company and the conversation turned to small talk about this and that, how the times changed since we were younger(he was the same age as I), he was so cute when I told my age and his response was "I thought you were no more than 55", I did cheer up with all his flirting and my blushing and small chuckles I let out. Soon the time came to leave and I felt that I should tell him that "with no offense but I'm not gay" and I hope I did not lead him on, he paid my bill and I grabbed his hand and thanked him for cheering me up and that he is truly a gentleman and thank-you for "everything". As I pushed on the door I heard the waitress say "I hope you feel better" to which I responded "yes,I do now thank-you". I still think she set up this meeting somehow after our little talk. Just a ray of sunshine on a rainy day and reinforcing my faith in mankind. Funny how being treated like this makes me feel as one with my universe. And all this happened with no alcohol and in the middle of the day in full lighting out in public. I have such good times in diners. Thought I'd share a little, be well everyone and thanks for reading.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Hi Lisa,

What a sweet story, thanks so much for sharing, your story just made my day a little brighter too. It's nice to know that there are still truly good people out there.

Elizabeth

The avvy pic isn't me
    Thanx for the delightful post Allisa.

One of the most pleasing and enriching things i can experience these days are those positive daily encounters with truly caring people. All it takes for me to get picked up from most down moods is some friendly and energetic encounter with joe/jane public. Dressed or not.

I kinda turn my social interaction meter off when i come across the unfriendly SA or merchant of any kind, and the same goes for everyday folks.
    But then i'll wander into some store or eatery and there'll be one of those instantly likeable peeps who one can't help but enjoy.
    I feed off that kind of energy like a sponge.

Here's one i had 3 days ago, i still grin one from one ear clear across to the other, when i think of it.

I'm gender fluid and so i'm a bit of a blend....just so you know. I was in a Walmart and the check out clerk was an older woman; say mid 70's.

She kept giving little glances at me as she finished up the customer before me and then went into full on super-sweety mode when i stepped up in front of her.
    We made small talk and she kept glancing from my eyes and brows (i wear make-up most days, my brows are very pronounced-thin and shaped) to my earrings (2 in each ear, one set of dangly hoops, kinda smallish, one set was zirconias) and her smile was just to die for.

No mirth at all, she was all fully ok with me, i couldn't detect any type of unacceptable amusement whatsoever.

As we finished up and her head and eyes was going all around, i said to her, "sweetheart you didn't notice this", and held my hands up close to her. My hands are one of my best features, small and i have super healthy nail beds and keep them salon done nicely in gels.

She went totally ga ga and i thanked her for her time by saying "thank so much, you are very special, have a lovely day", she thanked me in turn and told me to "come back soon and be sure to come through her line".

It's those little pleasures like that which keep me hopeful for a better world.
    Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 02-23-2018 at 07:22 PM.

What a great story! Nice interaction on the waitress' account! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    ok, you had me at the Gordon Lightfoot reference. How lovely an experience! Would it be ok, in the future, not to offer "full disclosure?" Unless intimacy were intended, I think you're entirely entitled to be yourself without qualification!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kimdl, I believe being totally open when in a situation that could turn ugly without "ground rules".
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Great story, but no surprise here. People are indeed good, you just have to allow them to be.

Thanks so much for that pick-me-up!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Again, little surprises are made for us every day in this tangled world we live in.

Some people are really nice, now to get the others on side. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Kimdl, I believe being totally open when in a situation that could turn ugly without "ground rules".
    Exactly! That's the way it should be with any encounter, whether planned or on the spur of the moment. Maybe the waitress knew the other customer well enough to suggest he stop and chat with you. Perhaps she knew he was a gentleman and would treat you with respect. People who interact with others for a living can get fairly adept at gauging moods.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    How wonderful how it turned out.
    He sounded like a nice man to sit and chat with.
    As always be up front so there are no surprises.

Great story and thanks' for sharing, your story did indeed brighten up my day.