Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Curious Wife

Ah-May-Lee
    For your husband to be flattered is not really an issue. Anyone who gets a compliment is usually flattered.

But think of this in a female perspective. If you were driving a client in a car and got a compliment about how nice your legs looked, first thing to come to my mind is this guy a creep, as any female probably would. I would say thanks but be on my guard cause most creeps I run into start of with a compliment. Your husband can take the compliment as flattering but since he now portrays himself as a woman he must also have the instincts of a woman.

Edit: I just re-read where your husband drives at night. The night time makes one need to be especially cautious.
    Last edited by Amelie; 02-26-2018 at 02:36 PM.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Thanks for your note Soapstar. It is so important to us to understand to woman's point of view. What are your most important concerns? What is your instinctive emotional response?
    I think Char is right. It is a validation. Someone thinks he looks good.
    I once got a compliment by two gay men who were standing just outside the door of a gay bar. I could not help but do a twirl for them. I appreciated validation for all the work I went to get gussied-up.
    Women sometimes feel the same way (I suspect). If you have gone to a lot of trouble and expense with your hair, outfit and makeup and are wearing some great heels. Don't you hate it when some men don't even notice. They look right through you! "Down in front this will be a field goal". What could be worse?

At first I thought it was weird when men would pay me compliments and it botherd me a little. I thought to myself, why is it bothering me? I'm comfortable with my orientation so if someone feels that way about me, it doesn't change me and who I am.

Silver Member
    I often compliment women on how pretty their nails are, and without exception they always say thank you. Everyone enjoys a personal compliment. Women especially do as long as they are not being hit on... and maybe even then?

I'm just going to basically echo what most have said. Personally I think its nice to be complimented regardless of the source. It feels nice when someone tells you look good after yous pend a lot of effort on presenting well. Just my two cents but I wouldn't read into it beyond him being flattered.

I love being complimented by either men or women it makes me feel great to think thats someone is nice enough to actually comment... it makes no difference to me whether the compliment is from a man or a woman.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    OK, a guy gets into a car and the male driver is dressed like a woman. Presumably wearing a skirt or dress, otherwise the legs would not be showing? What's the patron or customer suppose to say? I'd suspect, even if the customer did not approve of a man wearing women's clothing, he may just remark out of small talk or courtesy. Sort of what the heck! At least the guy has nice legs! What would your husband do or feel if the customer said something uncomplimentary or said he'd find some other transportation? Also, complimenting your husband's legs does not necessarily equal being hit upon.

I'm not going to be quite as nonchalant about it as most others have. It's not so much the compliments. It's a combination of things. I read your other posts before commenting on this one.

You said in one thread that he was buying stuff from Victoria's Secret. Stuff that YOU couldn't afford. If you can't afford it, he can't afford it either. That's an indicator that he puts his wants above yours. He evidently treats his feminine self to things out of reach for you, and that's not right. It show a self-centered-ness that's out of place.

Realize that if he's driving (for Lyft or Uber) while dressed, that's graduate-level crossdressing. You are both WAY down the road on this. Not many of us on here have reached that level, myself included. As someone else pointed out, he's apparently wearing skirts or dresses. If we are to also presume that he's wearing short skirts and dresses, I think we're teetering on the brink of something here. If he's also wearing heels (to drive!)... Hmmmm. You see him. You know whether he looks like a hot woman or like a guy in a dress. You can read into what you see him wearing if he's fishing for compliments.

On the surface, I don't think there's anything wrong with him liking the compliments or even being excited about it. I personally think it crosses a line if he's dressing provocatively. (I don't need any lectures about how it shouldn't matter). You and he also have to consider the danger. I'm sure I don't have to spell that out to you.

What would he see as appropriate for you to wear in the same situation? How would he expect you to react or feel when complimented by a man riding in your vehicle at night? The rules do not change because he's a crossdresser. How do other women drivers dress?

Compliment in themselves aren't the problem. Maybe they mean that that particular man is attracted to him, maybe he's just being nice. If it's that he's attracted to him, how does he react to that. Where is his head in all this? Frankly, the first time a man came on to me it scared the crap out of me. The fact that it doesn't scare him is a little telling. I will tell you that when he's not scared, it's probably exciting him in a way that you'd be less than comfortable with. Doesn't mean he'll act on it. I personally think it's a bit of a betrayal even if it's only that he gets off on the compliments. Alone in a car late at night with a man who is attracted to him as a woman, a guy who may be from out of town, a guy who may have been drinking. You add it up.

I love compliments, however one was laying it on a bit thick and was after a date, had to close him down. I mean he was nice enough but I'm not into guys.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually get a little creeped out when I get a compliment from a man. It's one of the reasons that I had to get off Flickr, because the thought of crossdresser obsessed men telling me I looked hot really started to weird me out. However, that's probably more my own issue than anything else. I don't mind compliments from other crossdressers, because I feel like it's a supportive, camaraderie thing - like, "Hey, thumbs up! Good job!"

I absolutely love it when I got compliments from real women. To me, that's like the ultimate validation, because they're putting aside any internal prejudice that they may have about a man in women's clothes and just being honest.

Of course, this is all without any context. It could've been an innocent compliment, and probably no big deal. But without being there, we're just sort of projecting here. If your husband is honest, and you trust him, then I wouldn't worry about.

Though I totally agree with the earlier poster who said driving Uber en femme is definitely graduate-level crossdressing! I can't imagine being that far down the road...(No pun intended).

I'd worry more if he started complimenting guys, but it really depends on the context.
    Perhaps a ride along might be a good idea, but I wouldn't give him a heads up, just spring it on him - you have to go somewhere right away and your car has troubles, you don't feel safe going out alone at night, it's an emergency - well ,you get the idea.
    I really doubt you have much to worry about.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Silver Member
    First of all, its rare for a CD to get any kind of a compliment from a man. When it does happen, it could be taken as a sign that he was VERY impressed. That has never happened to me, but when I am complimented by a woman, it definitely feels like validation.

So if he passes well then it's just a compliment. If he looks like a guy in women's clothes then who knows what it was. Point being if you trust him then it's a non issue. If he is a big guy and the passenger was a little guy maybe he was complimenting in looking for a break in his fare? So many possibilities......talk to him/ask him about it...honesty with him is the best approach....I think. It sounds like you're in this together.