Thread: Nailed it.

Nailed it.

Last weekend was our Family day long weekend here in Southern Ontario and I was able to dress Fri, Sat, Sun, and Monday.I don't really know what happened when I dressed on Sunday but I was super happy with the way I looked.I felt I looked fantastic.I did my makeup the way I always do,was wearing a simple pencil skirt and a v -neck sweater even managed some cleavage.Wore the same jewelry I did the other times I dressed but after putting on my blonde wig and stepping into my 3 in. pumps I was blown away.I wanted someone to come to the door so they could see how good I looked.I felt like standing at the end of my driveway and shouting"Hey look at me this is who I am."I wanted to go see the girl at the makeup counter who helped me find the right foundation and concealer and say "well what do you think".I did none of those things but felt like I could have.Was I looking through the pink fog?Have any of you had a similar experience?I didn't get the same feeling when I dressed on Monday or Tonight.I like the way I look but I don't have the same Hear Me Roar feeling.I hope I get that feeling again.
    Everything you always wanted is on the other side of fear.George Addair.

So go show her (that girl at the makeup counter), go out and let people see how good you look. What's stopping you?

Take a deep breath, or 2, then head out into the world. I can say, from experience, that you will enjoy it.

Be brave, go forth and conquer the world super gurl!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Every now and then the stars and the moon align with the pink fog.

Sorta like once in a blue moon. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've not had the big wow to stand outside and yell at my neighbors to come see me but in all fairness the closest one is a good 1/4 mile away. Every time you dress and you get bolder to progress it seems the new will wear off but when in the fog it can be most exciting. I get excited when a new tall set of high heels arrive or buy new makeup and etc. it's not the wow though that I saw when I get my makeup perfect and everything just makes me feel super.

Good for you, Karen! . Even though you didn't show the makeup technician your results, the next time you are there, you could thank her and mention that her advice is helping a lot. She will have probably long forgotten that transaction, but it might give her spirits a quick lift to hear that.

I find lightning-in-a-bottle results bitter-sweet. The sweet is obvious, but the bitter is because I can't help but think about how the next attempt will ( or most likely will not ) match up . Knowing that I'm capable of that heightened level makes me want to be able to reproduce it consistently.

Several months ago, I hit a home run on my eye makeup . I didn't attempt anything differently, but I was in love with the look and still am, even with the terrible quality of lashes I had at the time . I have been searching for that look ever since - not even close .

However, it was a lucky first transformation after three months of unprettifyable that tipped the scales and made me step outside - just like you. There was surprisingly little hesitation. I did takes and double-takes just to be totally sure, and off I went. Thin end of a wedge.

( Hopefully your roar was the Helen Reddy version . The other one needs to stay somewhere far, far away . But I do acknowledge the success it had ).

Nice job! .
    - Lydianne.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, Karen. When I look that good I get out the camera so 1000's can see me on line. Don't u have a camera or phone?

I thot cameras/phones automatically came to every dresser with their wigs, makeup, and heels?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I wanna see a pic so we all can say ...Ohh so pretty ......................Debra