Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Separate Social media?

I use private browsing mode whenever doing anything related to my femme self. I have heard about separate FB accounts finding themselves do I avoid that. I have a separate email for Frannie and the only "social" media I use are this site and the Discord server. I have several friends there I chat with.

I have seperate accounts too I mix it up with what browsers I use.. I have also blocked everyone from my guy life I can think of in Becky's facebook. I also never login to her FB on any computer that others in my family use. Also unique email accounts. Its also a very good idea to regularly clear your browser history etc and also always have very different passwords for his and her accounts.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Reality Check
    Facebook is pretty tricky. Among other things, it uses facial recognition. If you're not "out" and want to stay that way, I would suggest not having both male and female accounts.
    Krisi

I have 2 different accounts on social media. I set up my Firefox browser to "Always Use Private Browsing Mode", that way, all my browsing history is deleted when I close my browser. I'm the only one that uses this PC anyway, just being safe.
    I finally figured it out! - I'm a Lesbian Trapped in a Mans Body!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/sexycindycd

The email addresses were from completely different providers and there were no other shared identifying characteristics. All browsing under elizabeth amy was done in private mode; passwords were not saved on the computer or browser's preferences. I did, though, do all of my social media in the same browser, so I'm guessing it was either Safari making the connection or Facebook matching IP addresses, which are really hard to hide or alter. So far I haven't seen any problems with twitter, and I hope it stays that way, as elizabethamy is happily following all kinds of transfolk and enjoying the ride (twitter: elizabethamy11). Has anyone had "outing" problems with twitter?

p.s. Before I created this new short-lived Facebook elizabethamy account, I have noticed facebook once in a while suggesting friendship with some trans person who I might have read or downloaded in another program. It's just not a safe platform...

Reality Check
    Not that most folks would care but I think it's against Facebook policy to have multiple accounts in fictitious names.
    Krisi

After starting my Andy FB it requires a phone number but it won’t let me use the same one from my normal account. I tried putting in a 555 movie number but every time I log in I have to go through this whole process. So I just closed it since I plan on coming out soon anyways. I’ll just wait and announce it there as well.
    Last edited by Drew GB; 03-07-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)

When I opened my Facebook account I did it from a computer. No phone number was required. I suspect opening an account using a cell phone or a tablet might require the phone number. As others have suggested, use different browsers and different email addresses. Don't "friend" either account from the other. Avoid pictures to make things more difficult for Facebook's facial recognition.

Maybe so, but every time I tried to read someone's Facebook anonymously giant popup windows would appear demanding that I either log in or start an account, so elizabethamy signed up, was flooded with potential friends from her male life, and unsigned up...

OK, I just created and opened a fem FB account with a different email address and different browser. I ran into a glitch already. Firefox has been my male browser for years, Safari was used for the female account.

So, after a couple of hours I clicked on Facebook with Firefox and FB urged me to log on to my new account with my new fem password. I was logged onto both accounts at the same time before this happened, but for some reason FB logged off my male account for me.

I logged back on to my male account but had to update to a new password. I logged off of my new fem account just before that because I thought there must be a conflict there.

So it looks like FB is connecting both accounts from my IP address? I understand that two different people could be using the same computer but probably not at the same time.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    People talk about facial recognition on FB but I see no proof of it so far

I think it is only so far a pictures you upload. FB is not looking at you through your camera... yet...
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.

Platinum Member
    Hi Andy , I just stay clear of Social Media !! >Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stay clear or come out that is my solution as of right now. I can’t stand all the cloak and dagger things that being in the closet brings with it. I would simply rather face the world as who I am and take my lumps rather than having to remember another dumb password. but for those of you who make it work and need it to work that way more power to you.

I use separate accounts too, with the difference that I don't use separate softwares to "divide" them.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I have a separate email, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter for my fem-self.
    But I never use the separate FB.
    My fem YT and Twitter are way more popular than my regular ones.

Here is my YouTube, "Alice Bridge":
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD...kRWbEcTirMvQ_w

My Twitter is also on my profile here.

Last edited by Alice_2014_B; 03-22-2018 at 02:40 AM.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".