Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Separate Social media?

Separate Social media?

Does anyone, wether out or not, have a separate social media account for your femme persona? Now to be clear I am not asking anyone to reveal any account info I just want to know if you have it or have thought about it?

I Have a dedicated E-mail and other accounts for Andy but I am slightly worried about people I know getting links to them. Of course I could just say it’s not me and or my identity was hacked or it was a joke played on me by a friend. Just in case. But then I may just own up to it depending on how I feel.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Drew GB; 02-25-2018 at 01:06 AM.
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)

To keep your social media accounts as separate as possible, follow the steps below.

1. Use a different browser for each account (e.g., Firefox and Chrome)
    2. Use a different email provider for each account (e.g., yahoo and gmail) with very different email names
    3. Do not like or share the same people, companies, organizations, etc. with both accounts
    4. Do not post the same pictures in both accounts
    5. If being extra careful, clear your browser history, cache and cookies after each time you visit either account. You can do this with only one browser if you do not want to keep losing saved login and password info.
    Last edited by Melissa Rose; 02-25-2018 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Typo repair

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Melissa Rose is right on all counts.
    Thats the way I have been doing it for years.
    One tip as well on your female page block your male account and that should do it.

I follow most of that except for the separate browsers as I do most of this on my phone. Funny now I look at it I wonder if this is somehow illeagal. LOL
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.

Banned Spammer
    No different than 2 people using the same computer at the same house and one uses one browser and the other likes a different one.

I never felt a strong burning desire to post pictures of me in a dress on the internet. That makes it easy to avoid excuses and difficult for people finding anything.

I have never been big about social media but want to setup a Facebook account for my female life. I I don't have Facebook at all so I won't have to worry about my acct.
    Melissa thank you for your helpful tips for new browser and email

It is not so much of posting pics but after going out I have made new friends and they have asked if I (Andy) had a FB acct so tonight I made one. I just want to keep in touch with my new girlfriends.

Using separate browsers is a good idea. I didn't think of that.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Wife doesn't use our pc, has her own phone, and never looks at mine. I use a completely different email service for Karen. Neither of us use social media.

Karen

Wonderful ideas and I too use one for business and other for Kara time. Browser is new to me.....thx
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Banned Spammer
    I enjoy my girl FB more than my guy one and I have lots of friends from here on my girl page.

This is as social that I get with media.

I don't get many likes here. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Georgia View Post
    It is not so much of posting pics but after going out I have made new friends and they have asked if I (Andy) had a FB acct so tonight I made one. I just want to keep in touch with my new girlfriends.
    Others can tag you in posts and photos so they show up in your FB timeline thus you do not have complete control over it. You can disallow friends from tagging you or posting to your timeline but that sort of defeats some of the purpose of having a FB page. Only tag those you really want to see your posts or pictures. Be selective about who you have as FB friends. Some people "friend" any and everyone. Pay attention to your mutual FB friends. That now connects three people or more people.

Since I have transitioned, it has been years since I've had two FB pages. Some common sense and a bit of knowledge goes a long way in keeping parts of the your on-line lives separate regardless of the reasons for it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I use different servers, (providers), for my 2 FB accounts and 2 email accounts. So far, it's been over 10 years with no glitches or cross overs to date!

35 Friends on my FB page. Over a thousand on Sherrys!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    I agree don't friend someone just to get you number of friends up be selective on who you accept as a "friend".
    There are lots of low life people that will try and "friend" you so be careful.
    Its not a competition to see who has the most friends or the most "likes" just be selective is all I'm saying.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I only have the one Facebook page and only one e-mail account. My days of hiding are OVER. I don't care what other people think of me, I'm not doing anything illegal and I'm confident enough to "own it". If people search and check me out they will then know my hobby. Life's too short to live in the closet hiding who I am.

More power to you and I hope to be there some day as well but I’m not quite there. I guess this brings me to a different Selena and one I have been fighting with for about as long as I can remember and that is honesty. I could get into it here but I don’t want to bury the needle here so I may start a new thread. Basically I don’t want to lie to anyone but I don’t know if I want them to find out as well which may mean telling a fib or two. This is a very tricky and fine line to tread.

Banned Spammer
    You don't have to lie to anyone you just don't need to tell them everything if you don't want to.
    They don't tell you everything about them do they so why do you have to?
    You do whats right for you.

Just like here, I have separate accounts which do not link to my real life identity. I don't want some lunatic showing up at my front door because I disagreed with them in an online debate.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have separate accounts, too. I use separate browsers and apps for access. I also set my privacy setti gs very specifically to limit who sees and can friend my accounts.

I have seperate accounts, and while I was quite cautious, it eventually outed me to my family. Different email, no friends in common, yet I still showed up as a “someone you may know” referral by FB in a social friend’s feed and eventually in a family member’s feed.

Make sure to block every person that it is critical for you not to be outed to. Family members, co-workers, etc. If you do not take that precaution, they will eventually see your page.

Board-Certified Shaman LaSirenaBella's Avatar
    I've had separate accounts from the get-go, as far as Facebook is concerned. As far as any of the others, I only have "Sirena" accounts. I'm semi-open, and have a good idea of who knows and who doesn't. For those who do know me-as-Sirena, yes: I welcome them on either or both accounts.

For one account (my default/male one), I use Safari, as anything shared for FB via macOS or iOS goes to that on. I have Firefox running for anything Sirena-related. And I have them on full-screen so with macOS High Sierra, I just swipe back and forth between the two accounts. I have my default FB running on Windows 10 via the app, but I pretty much use Windows only for gaming.

I tend toward one or the other depending on how I feel. Right now, I am leaning heavily toward my "Sirena" account. I tend to be more open about my emotions on that one, which is not to say I am completely reserved and stone-faced on the other. I'll share mundane daily pictures on either one. At this point in my life, aside from some strategic blocking of the few I don't want knowing, if someone asks, I tell. I'm pretty much out in my professional life as well as most of my social circles. Family is a little trickier. I'm only out to a few people, but I also have the luxury of living on the opposite coast, so it's easier to stay closeted with the religious nuts in my family.

I should be more strategic about blocking, though. Thank you for those tips.

Sirena
    Sirena Rivera
    "Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing." - Theodor S. Geisel

CAUTION: Elizabethamy started a Facebook account just a few days ago after years of staying offline completely. Done on "private browsing," etc. -- after three days Facebook began to propose potential friends, ALL of whom were friends from my long-active, assigned-named, male account. This crossover is unacceptable and wildly dangerous -- the friends of the male account might well be offered elizabethamy as a potential friend. So she deleted her new account, with a few tears and a sense of relief.

Twitter doesn't seem to have the same crossover, so on there until proven wrong. Do others think that's okay?

e.a.

Banned Spammer
    Did you use a different email and different browser for each elizabethamy?
    All you have to do is block the guy you from your girls page and no crossover will happen.