Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are you?

Who are you?

OK so just wondering who you guys are? What are you like in real life? I'm curious because I read a lot of intimate threads here, stuff that is really personal (now I know that this site is an outlet for us to talk freely about things we might not be able to express to anyone else) but, for those of you who can speak to other crossdresser's in a social setting or even a friend, do you speak about things in the same intimate detail? face to face? Your fantasies, desires and needs? I can't imagine talking to anyone about mine maybe I lack the confidence... but how many of you girls open yourselves up to someone outside the secrecy of the internet?
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

I do. When I'm out en femme, I start meeting more people. of course, my dressing soon becomes a major diskussuin and they want to know almost everything about it.
    I also have a female friend who actually met me as Doreen, but that's another difficult story.

Banned Read only
    When it comes to the cross dressing I do not discuss it with anyone else. Frankly, I do not know any cross dressers out in the wild. I think there has been many threads where the post dealt with whether or not to run up and introduce oneself to another cross dresser. There is really no reason for me to discuss cross dressing with anyone unless it is in the abstract. Over the years I have posted comments that I would not tell others. I'm sure if there was a troll on here from my immediate family sooner or later they would be able to identify me.

On the flip side there are intimate things in my personal life that have not been disclosed here, but, have been discussed with others. They have nothing to do with cross dressing. And, those thoughts are not discussed with the general public at all, and, really very limited with close family.

I’m lucky in that I get to discuss all that stuff with my wife. I might be inclined to talk about that kind is stuff with friends I’m close with, but my guardedness doesn’t come from the crossdressing. It’s just how I was raised that you don’t burden others with your personal stuff.

I went a few times to the local support group of CD/TSs. Besides the introductions, most of the chatter was the usual stuff - work (although weighted more to how their TG impacted it), politics (more focused on TG issues) and family issues. Not much 'girl' talk about clothing/makeup. Nothing about sexual fantasies.
    Saw 2 different therapists, but mostly talked over my wife's lack of acceptance and understanding, as I feel OK with who I am. And I did share some pictures with them.
    They are still not close friends and even to those I do not talk about fantasies and desires. With family I may share more. But I am very close mouthed about my needs. But here I do open up and want to share Ellen's looks with everyone here.
    Hugs, Ellen

Ah-May-Lee
    I don't talk to people offline like I do to people I meet online. Cause I actually don't know anybody offline. I don't talk to anyone except the person at the convenience store, maybe a doctor. That is about it. I have only two people that I talk to. I don't have to talk about my life to them, they saw first hand what my life is and they saw what I went through in Baltimore. They helped me escape from Baltimore. Even then, I don't talk all that much to them, I just use their computer from time to time. Besides them I don't talk to anyone offline about anything. I just have wild animals(skunks, possum, deers) around me and they don't want to listen to me, they run away from me. If I had friends offline I wouldn't be here typing this.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Silver Member
    Nicole, I found a 'seasoned' forum sister. We met several times, and she became my mentor. I shared many personal thoughts with her in our discussions which were always en femme. She gave me the courage to go out WITH her. We had dinner in a nice restaurant with another forum sister and her CD friend, and once by ourselves. It was invigorating to say the least. I'm going to DLV in April, a first for me to be 'pretty' 24/7, and make new friends. Who knows, maybe some intimate discussions might evolve.

Nicole, I just saw your new photos. You are beautiful! Do I correctly sense that you would like to have a personal CD friend with whom you can share? Hugs.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Nicole, remember most of us r either men, or may have lived a male persona for many years. Men just don't discuss personal info in person easily or often!

I have met 100's of dressers at the 15+ T conventions/events I've attended. Plus, I hang often with a local group of approx. 50+/- T's. They don't volunteer personal info. But, when I've had the chance and the desire to ask personal questions one on one? Most T's have been quite forthcoming.

I can tell u this: Other than struggling with their gender and CDing issues, they have little in common. Coming from all walks of life and opposite ends of the economic and educational spectrums! I've chatted with hookers, to eventual Congressional assistants. Other than dressing, they only have one thing in common. They all seem to me to be good, remarkable people!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I'm reclusive to the point of schizoid personality disorder. For me, two's a crowd. People are much easier to deal with online where I can vaporize them with a mouse click. I think my wife only puts up with me because she's still trying to figure out the mystery: who is this guy?

Banned Read only
    Nicolex,
    Social group conversation usually centres on CDing issues, whether they be serious or something to joke about and pull someone's leg. It is good to hear what GGs have to say and the TSs give an insight to the more difficult aspects of transition . Conversation about more intimate issues are easier because we are mostly in the same boat . The only way to help someone else is to be open and honest yourself , I doubt very few would take advantage of that aspect .

The anonymity, not the secrecy of the internet is what let's me open up a bit.

When out and about it is only general talk of daily life, clothes, makeup, general daily problems and cooking keep the conversation going.

To talk of intimacy on a regular basis would seem weird and would ward others off and they would not want to hold a conversation with you.

Don't talk about yourself and ask questions of them, not too personal though.

The best I have gone is to talk about dressing itself and the problems associated with it.

There is nothing secret about the internet. :-)

Anonymity is not that high on the list either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

xNicolex,

The bravado of the internet. Many ideas change once faced with in real life people. At a social gathering, pub/bar, while making groceries. Either way here we're empowered to be whoever we desire to be, as confident as we'd like to be and as open as we'd like to tell all about. We all have a commonallity with each other, either through experiences, clothes, transitions, or my favorite friendship. In person is a different story... Personnaly if someone here approached me in real life, I would love to chat or grab a coffee. That is just me though.

Who am I? Good question. I am still on that journey.

What am I like in real life? I hope people see me as kind and fair.

Would I or do I speak about the same things I do here if in person? Would depend on the friend.

@--}----
    Michelle

I am lucky to talk with my GF. She was a therapist at one time.
    Part Time Girl

I am an outgoing person either way. I have a friend here from the forum and we do get together and talk about a whole slew of things, not just dressing. I have some GG friends that I'm pretty open with and when I am out dressed I'm happy to answer any questions they may have. That is my way of at least helping people understand and accept us. I try to show them we are not so different, just that we express ourselves different.

I've had conversations with two other crossdressers, their wives, four or five makeup artists, a gg wig shop owner, one male friend who stopped by unexpectedly at Halloween, and several sales associates over the years. Some of those conversations were serious, others were more light hearted. I don't have a problem switching from one mode to the other as the situation warrants.

I'm not much of a story teller, although I do enjoy a good conversation whether it's in person or online.

Karen

Other than my wife I don't discuss my crossdressing with anyone.
    Most people I know have a "bad" opinion of crossdressers and transgendered. I've tried to get them to change their minds but have realized it is a hopeless cause so anymore just sit back and let them speak their closed minds.

Time has passed so quickly. I'm 62 and have been a CD as far back as I can recall. Life is life! You grow with each passing day. Who am I? As a youth I was someone else entirely different than who I am today. We are all formed by our own worlds as to who we are. We all have our "moments in time". Things that we remember in great detail and are probably the more important things that have helped us grow to who we are now.

Obscure at best I know and I am sorry. To answer the question of if we discuss in person as we do here I would have to agree it depends on the friend or person we are with as well as who we are at the time. As an older CD I find I discuss almost everything with other CD's as I do here. If I consider it too personal then I wouldn't respond or partake in the conversation in either forum.

Joyce

I like playing the guitar, piano, and singing, woodworking, I'm and electromechanical engineering tech who adores women and they're clothes!
    I Love my wife and children.
    I'm addicted to dressing fem!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Nicole, remember most of us r either men, or may have lived a male persona for many years. Men just don't discuss personal info in person easily or often!
    Maybe I'm more of a girl than I thought I was. Since I started going out and about locally, and to Keystone, I have many Tgirl (hundreds) friends. Do I tell them all my deepest darkest secrets? No. Do I tell some of them? Sure do. Did they tell me something intimate. Yes. Some have told me things that they didn't even tell their wives.

I've also have some very intimate conversations with the muggles. I've talked with 5 girls who expressed unhappiness with the size of their breasts. I have taken out my forms and let them try them on "for size". This is totally true, and I have witnesses, even here on CD.com.

My secret. Steffi is an extrovert; boy me is an introvert. Girl me has a lot more fun.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 03-19-2018 at 08:36 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Silver Member
    I'm very outgoing and gregarious, I'm the type that will talk to an SA and tell her things are for me. Some haven't believed me so I showed them the bra I was wearing. I'll talk to anyone, but it doesn't bother me to be alone. My wife calls me the hermit because I don't belong to any groups like a lot of guys do. I do have hobbies. I've traveled a lot and know people in a slew of towns and countries. I go fishing with guy friends from time to time that haven't died yet (we are old) and have worn fem clothes while doing it. I don't belong to any support groups. I figured out who I was many years ago. I do like to shop and like to go with my wife's friends as a group. They know about me and share clothing discussions with me involved. I don't try to pass, but wear age appropriate fem clothes. Which means I don't wear dresses much at my age.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 02-27-2018 at 11:16 PM.

I've enjoyed reading your replies interesting I see many of you are very different but we all share a common bond
    My Instagram xnicolex1988

I have a couple of close friends that I discuss a lot with, but none with anything dealing with my dressing or fantasies. My wife knows about and is excepting of my dressing for the most part, but she has a lot of reservations about the whole thing still. So I have to put on a face of more confidence and keep many things to myself. There are a couple of people I have talked to privately here, but it hasn't really formed into anything beyond acquaintances.

Platinum Member
    I like to think I'm basically the same person here as in my real life. I'm open to conversation, but I keep my gender identity masked during my work life, giving a presentation of what my colleagues and staff expect. In my personal life, I have spent a good deal of time out in public (less recently) and I have opened up to a few friends. I answer the expected questions as well as I can. Somethings I just can't explain.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well, since I am a closeted crossdresser, I rarely discuss it with anyone. Even with my wife, because she doesn´t accept it.

I made a CD friend that I talk with, but that´s it!

My friends and family would not understand. So, almost alone I go!

Patricia

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Like Tracii, I generally write in my true voice. In real life conversations I keep eye contact to pick up on the subliminal 'tells' that most people emit. But, not so much with familiar people.
    It's just required situational awareness.
    I have one good CD friend that I've never met in person although, we text and talk on the phone quite often. It's an interesting conversation as it's very male personas with an occasional compliment or comment
    about outfits or sex appeal. In real life I'm definitely male but not overly uber or alpha. My calm happy male demeanor morphs into elegant female easily.
    Unless I want something different!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!