Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thankyou Mr. Postman !

Banned Read only

Thankyou Mr. Postman !

I had some chores to see to this morning and when I returned the postman had delivered a small package to the wrong house , as I've only been in my new home a week I thought it the ideal opportunity to meet another neighbour so I popped next door to hand it to the rightful owner. A slim blond lady answered the door , I introduced myself as her new neighbour , she asked me where I'd moved from , I told her the situation so she replied by saying she was also living alone after a marriage separation . I then carefully worded how at times she may see a female figure about and that it would be me as I was TG , she was fine about it and congratulated me on taking the brave decision .
    Later that day I was unloading my car when the neighbour opposite parked up so I introduced myself to him , he was nice friendly type and again took the opportunity to approach the subject of being seen dressed . He related to being in Singapore and the CDers over there but I made it clear that my reasons and motives were different to theirs . He then added that anyone admitting that they were CDers would at one time be " Duffed up !" he accepted that times had very much changed and we had as much right as anyone to dress as we do. He said he didn't have a problem and anytime I'd like to pop across for a coffee I would be welcome no matter how I was dressed .
    I've already met the neighbour on the other side of me , he came and introduced himself to me , he's a nice guy so it looks like my neighbours are sorted with my dressing situation.

I had some fun earlier in the day in a clothes shop buying a sweater. I was in drab but had a bra and cami on underneath so I asked if I could try the sweater on but slip my boobs in to check the fit, the SAs were lovely , I said I had some pictures with me so they could get some idea how I can look . They were very surprised and again gave made the comments about my legs and how I achieved a smooth cleavage , they admitted about being apprehensive about serving a CDer but wouldn't have second thoughts now and thanked me for giving them that experience .

Teresa I think you will be treated just like one of the girls next door now from your neighbors. That should be a comfortable situation. I bet the sales girls also appreciate you for helping them learn how to wait on a TG person also. Cute story.

Cool! So you don't have that to worry about any more. That must feel good.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Teresa,
    Well, it seems you are settling in nicely and building relationships with your neighbours. I hope that your life continues on this blissful path but do be prepared for the occasional setback and have the strength to move beyond it whatever it is.
    You must have several hundred supporters here at CrossDressers who are following your progress and hoping that all goes well for you.
    "Keep on trucking"

Teresa,
    It is wonderful to see the niche in life you are making for yourself.

May your experiences be positive from now on.

Look after yourself in the cold weather. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Teresa, you did the proper thing by being honest and forth right about who you are. I believe people appreciate honesty whether it lines up with their beliefs. or comfort zones. Next is to pop over for a cuppa, and invite them to your home in return.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

It's nice to hear a story with a positive note to it for a change. Congrats on the courage to come out to the neighbors.

Banned Read only
    Gillian,
    Precisely my thought , I made it clear to them that it was better them knowing the true situation rather than let gossip spread .

I forgot to mention that I asked the blond neighbour if she was into painting , she admitted she was terrible but would love to learn so she may be my first class member .

Aspiring Member
    What a great start in your new home. When is the house warming?
    Good luck.
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Platinum Member
    Teresa, I liked the last line about the sales associates being put at ease when interacting with a crossdresser. Maybe some day everyone will realize crossdressers are regular people too, and, one bad egg does not spoil the whole nest.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post

I had some fun earlier in the day in a clothes shop buying a sweater. I was in drab but had a bra and cami on underneath so I asked if I could try the sweater on but slip my boobs in to check the fit, the SAs were lovely , I said I had some pictures with me so they could get some idea how I can look .
    So,just curious as to why you still seem to be afraid of dressing up and going out..Now that you have a safe zone. Makes no sense..

Banned Read only
    Rogina,
    I said it would be a gradual process, besides the shop in question was in my old town . I also made the point of doing everyday is harder than dressing to nines for an evening out . The weather is bad at the moment ice, snow and below freezing temperatures and I've found a hole in my outfits for this kind of weather , heels and wedges and associated clothes aren't that suited to these conditions .

At least I know my neighbours aren't a problem which within a week of moving in is pretty good considering some members are still hesitant after many years .

The other point is you can rely on family support , I'm on my own , I have to get to know the new environment I've moved into , where are safe places to enter and where the possible problems lie . My new town has more of a reputation for violence, several people have been stabbed with some dying over the years .

I hope this makes more sense and satisfies your curiosity .

Everyday dressing can be a different deal and you will need clothes and footwear to suit..In the meantime,colored rainboots and stretch jeans and get out the door ! Leave your picture book at home..be as you are.

Hi Teresa

It seems like you are off to a wonderful start. I am sure there will be some challenges ahead but it certainly wont be with the neighbours.
    I am sure those encounters will have boosted your confidence.
    You will soon find everything almost becomes automatic in terms of the style you have for everyday.

Although choosing which top top wear can still be difficult
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I wish to echo Consuelo's thoughts. I am one of those who are following your progress in this major life change. Looks like you are doing quite well. Your actions to reveal who you are to the new neighbors seems to show that your focus on your goal is very tight. That is so admirable. But watch out for the potholes and speed bumps in the road. If you handle those as well as you have introduced yourself into the neighborhood I suspect you will do fine. Congrats.

Nice story Teresa, glad its going ok for you ...

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

congratz teresa,

seems like all your struggle and turmoil are mostly behind for now,
    just need to find some foul weather gear and plug that hole in your wardrobe....do keep yourself safe....
    Last edited by mykell; 02-28-2018 at 12:38 PM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r a wonderful ombudswoman for T's, Teresa! And, it seems to be working for u, too!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You did fine so far Teresa just having good neighbors on either side is all you need because they will talk and all the other residents will know eventually with out you telling them.Never be pushy about it just be yourself and be nice whichever mode you are in.
    My neighbors all know and see me in guy/girl modes all the time.
    I am a good neighbor and always willing to lend a hand if needed or just to chat.

Hi Teresa, I can't truly understand how much you have gone through to this point in your life. I am happy for you that your life is taking an upswing, that you are being honest with yourself and those around you. I wish you nothing but the best of thoughts and wishes, you deserve your happiness. Stay strong, Brenda

Teresa,

You undoubtedly did the right thing is being up front with your new neighbours. It stops the rumour mill going into overdrive and puts them on your side. I have to say that a thought just flashed into my head. You have CD friends around while dressed from time to time. What if one of the neighbours bumps into one of them and thinks it's you by mistake? Sort of, "Hi Teresa, you certainly look entirely different". "Erm, I'm not Teresa...".

As for winter wear. Knee length flat heeled boots, thick tights or leggings worn with a knee length skirt, warm woolly to top it off and a nice pair of leather gloves. Oh and of course a Damart vest!

I sense it's only a matter of time before you're pretty much 24/7. Yes you're absolutely right to know the places and times that it's not safe to venture out into being in a new town as you are. Trust your senses. If somewhere feels wrong then it usually is. If there's a league football team then avoid match days. Drunk fans on the losing side aren't always good company even these days it's sad to say.

And who knows, your new GG neighbour must might welcome a shopping companion.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    My previous thread mentioned that Carole called for me to attend another social group so we both left my new home in broad daylight , I also mentioned that my new home has an elevated frontage so it's like stepping out on a stage when you leave the house. This is why I had to decide to come clean, be honest and tell the neighbours , as you appreciate nip the gossip in the bud, besides I'll be looking for local people to attend my art group .

For the past week or so I've been going out shopping on a daily basis while dressed "fem waist down". I guess I'm going to have to deal with the neighbors sooner or later.

Great story Teresa, so happy that things are going so well for you, onwards and upwards!!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Hi Teresa,
    If the weather is much like last week again i'm afraid bright Yellow Sou wester and oil skins fit the bill. hee hee hee.
    Good luck in the new home.
    Sabrina.