Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using your Girl name in Boy life

Using your Girl name in Boy life

I had a surreal experience today, I had to write a long and complicated email to someone. I had to describe a process that they would follow at their end and that process involved a lot of step for someone called Becky.

In the course of one email i had to type Becky about 6 or 7 times... each time I typed it I had a kind of out of body experience it felt really weird...then I had the feelings allover again as I proofread the email carefully.

I also triple checked that i didn't sign off regards Bec

how do you feel when you see your F name in your M world?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Anytime I meet a Jennifer in boy mode, I totally want to tell her that’s my name too. But it would be a bit awkward having to explain why a dude wants to be called Jennifer lol.

The name means nothing to me beyond what I would have been called if born the opposite sex. I wouldn't object to changing it but I only use it here so who cares...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I use my girl name in guy mode sometimes if I get a wild hair to do so.

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    I don't have too much of a problem as Teresa is derived from my male name , I may resort to using Terry and Terri which is what one on my Email addresses contains .

I admit I have signed off in the in the wrong gender , perhaps you could say I signed off as a transgender .

Me too Jennifer, I always want to blurt it out. I met a Becky recently and I said nice name, she said thanks.
    Tracy, Becky is also my name it means a lot to me. Its actually more important in many ways than my birth name as I chose it.

Tracii, I know two males Tracies actually
    Teresa, good thinking makes life simple but increases the chance of errors

Today in a follow up call I had to mention the Becky person that i was writing about last night, I stumbled over saying the name a few times at first.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I'm on my football club's official forum under my girls name,anonymity on there so everyone's none the wiser.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Platinum Member
    Hi Becky , I have caught myself starting to type Orchid on a male e-mail correspondence.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I was good friends with a work colleague named Diane several years ago. I told her I had always liked that name, she asked why and I made up some tale about a former girlfriend. Oddly Dianes seem to be few and far between in my part of the world.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Since high school(1969) I have not met or known another Lana let alone a Lana Mae! Not sure how I would react! Hugs Lana Mae PS: the only Lana-s I have known have all been short!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Platinum Member
    I have an advantage. My given name is Kimberly. Even my middle name can ‘pass’ and all my identifications bear the full name.

Its kinda weird, but I always felt my name, and even my nickname (Kimmie) fit me better than they were supposed to!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I use my name several times when I play golf.Drawing from two old TV shows. Saturday Night Live and The Honeymooners. When I have a bad shot (of which there are many) I yell "Alice-you ignorant ****"

I've never met another Jaylyn, but my wife when I'm in male mode we'll see a dress or a GG wearing something hot and she will say out loud I bet Jaylyn loves that. She has also ask me while I'm in male mode if Jaylyn needs anything while she is buying makeup.
    I usually look around and see if anyone is close before I answer her. I've never used my girl name in my boy life but she has in my boy life.

My wife will tease me when out and say Laura would like this or does Laura need make up or panties

Quote Originally Posted by halljennifer View Post
    Anytime I meet a Jennifer in boy mode, I totally want to tell her that’s my name too. But it would be a bit awkward having to explain why a dude wants to be called Jennifer lol.
    I haven't met anyone named Betty yet. But I do find it odd when I hear someone call me that name. I'm at the point where I'm one and the same person and having two names feels odd. And I don't know what to do about it.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Many times I have been tempted to use my name as a woman in everyday situations of man, mainly work, but on the edge of the abyss I stopped and I have never pronounced my name, Edelia.

Bev is a shortened name for me and I have lived with it all my life.

Does not cause a problem.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I feel like the guy side is just a persona I need to adopt from time to time to "fit in" in a few select situations. And most of the people I interact with know me both ways anyhow, so if I'm ugly and I or someone else uses "her" name it's no big deal.

My femme name is derived from the initial of my given name, so it seldom causes any problems, even appears correct on your bank and credit cards.

I do have to say every time I run across my name (Connie) I ways get a kick out of it and smile. Just last night in the show young Selden is grandma had Connie on her bowling blouse. :-)

The avvy pic isn't me
    I'm out to several lady friends and by extension a few guys. My bestie, and her daughter (both of whom I consider sisters now) are especially supportive and accepting of me.
    The daughters little girl heard her mom jokingly refer to me as aunty Mike and it has stuck; and although it does cause some rather interesting and sometime uncomfortable moments, I love it.

Several of these gals will often call me girlfriend, sis and all manner of cutesy pet names in public, tho they are fairly careful.
    One of them, in texts will call me 'gurl', and while I'm not a fan of that particular spelling, she uses it in good faith and is trying to be inclusive so I don't ever call her out on it.

The one thing I would really like is for them to call me Cass, which is my preferred name useage; but since there is another lady in our community named Kass, they all aren't to thrilled with my chosen name.

But hey, it's all good in the hood, cause the amount of love and acceptance I receive is more than I could ever have hoped for.

I don't use my name out loud, but sometimes will mutter under my breath something like, "come on, Sherrie, let's go." I do love it when I hear my name sung by the Four Seasons!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

It frustrates me to see my feminine name "Nikki" in my M world...it reminds me that very few people know who I really am and that's upsetting!
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

I've been seeing Kimberly a whole lot lately in different spellings no less. It kind of stops my heart for a second and I need to do a double take. Hehe

I have had people as I grew up call me by what is now my Girl name, partly why I chose it, sometimes they would ask if I mind but my usual answer was I don’t really care, secretly though I did like it. Nowadays I like hearing it as to me it represents my true self and I like being recognized that way no matter which role I am currently in. On the flip side I have always gone by a gender neutral nickname and now when I hear my full male name I don’t like it because it is a male name and it does not truly represent me anymore. Having said that I am debating my name and what it means to me.
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)