Thread: Feminine wiles?

Feminine wiles?

I guess this is the place to ask and make a statement about if you have and have you used your feminine wiles on others. Just yesterday while I was out shopping the mall, yes where the teen girls hang out, I had a number of men go out of their way to open and hold doors for me, and at one food counter I ordered my meal with a big smile and maybe a twinkle in my eye, I was just feeling so good, the middle aged man working the stand whispered "I put a few extra fries(chips) with your meal lovely lady" and gave me a wink I think I may have blushed. As I sat in the food court near the middle I was looking around and noticed that a few men with wives smiled my way when I saw them looking. Than just today a young man rushed over to get an item off the high shelf, I could have gotten it with a bit of a stretch,of course I let him, than he offered to put the 35 lb bag of dog food in my cart and I let him do it as if I would have had to struggle to do it. At the big orange supply store I was paying for 2 bags of salt for my water conditioner when the cashier called for some help to load my cart without even asking me and said "let these young men do the lifting" and load your vehicle for you. They were very nice and respectful with addressing me as ma'am a few times and refused my attempt to tip them saying it was a pleasure helping you. I must admit I'm beginning to like this treatment and it feels reassuring that I am expressing myself to the extent that others seem to acknowledge and act accordingly. I believe I may also be seen as a woman of a certain age and I dress casual but feminine as in skirt, top, lower heels, styled hair and just a touch of bling nothing over the top and the mannerisms of a comfortable woman I guess in a way a bit old fashioned. I could be someones mother or even a grand mother in their eyes so being nice is easy.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    That is a wonderful story Lisa and there are lots of nice respectful people out there and lots of them are kids and young adults so there is hope for humanity.
    I had a policeman a few years ago hold the door for me at one store and said have a nice day ma'am so I said thank you officer and I hope you have a lovely day.

Nice story Allisa. Yes being nice helps a lot.
    Part Time Girl

Nice story Allisa, I have had a few guys stop to let me though or hold a door open, it feels nice.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I, too, have had occasions where gallant men have done or offered to do those kind favors. I love it. Great validation that I'm doing it right.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Very nice

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    I've only experienced holding doors in the hotel where we meet, the problem is I also hold doors while dressed for GGs, that is slightly confusing for them as they don't know whether to thank me or hold the door for me !

It's a lovely story , maybe it's best you're not clairvoyant so you don't know what some of those guys are thinking behind that smile !

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Lisa,
    I've only experienced holding doors in the hotel where we meet

It's a lovely story , maybe it's best you're not clairvoyant so you don't know what some of those guys are thinking behind that smile !
    Most likely,these guys aren't even giving it any thought other than "looks like a duck,must be one"...

Ah-May-Lee
    The only thing I get when I go out is guys asking if they can touch them. Maybe I should walk in a different area, go to mall maybe.

Where I live everyone seems to give anyone a helping hand. I see guys hold doors for guys. Women helping men. With the exception of a married man smiling at another woman while with his wife, people here are just friendly and respectful to each other.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

Platinum Member
    Hi Lisa , What a wonderful day you had,

It really sounds like you got your DANCE CARD punched a few times yesterday.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Platinum Member
    That’s about as good as it gets.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    It is nice to be taken as a female and that's my goal when I go out. It has happened to me a few times.
    Last edited by Krisi; 03-05-2018 at 11:36 AM.
    Krisi

Teresa,I may not look it or act it at times but I am still a man I know what's behind some of those smiles. Rogina I know it may be kind of weird but sometimes thinking that men may have a touch of lust in their eyes is kind of flattering that's why my guard is up at all times when out en-femme which seems to be more the norm anymore.I guess I still have that ego that must be fed.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Alisa it happens more than I ever expected

I have had things carried from the shop for me, but not always by the shop assistant. I am convinced that men have let me out at road junctions because they see a woman. A couple of times a guy has held the door for me. Even though he delays his journey, as he has seen me in the distance about to arrive.

I always make sure to thank those kind people.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I am glad that you have gotten to experience some of the joys of being treated as a woman. I don't think that I exactly use my "feminine wiles" per se, but there have been many times that I have received special treatment because I appear to be an older woman. It does make a person feel good!
    Hugs, Carole

Had a nice young man carry one of my case over a bridge between railway platforms,and a gentlemen held a door open for me last week.
    but like Teresa i would hold the door open for other people when i am dressed or not.

Carolyn

Great day out Lisa
    OMG!! Owning my femininity .... and I LOVE it!

It took me a while to get used to men showing me the courtesies I was always raised to show to women. But it's part of the gig if you're going to be out in public -- you have to accept the doors, the carrying of stuff, etc.

I remember on my first trip to Dallas after coming out, I was on an airport shuttle to the car rental lot -- the bus was crowded and I was standing, hanging on to a grab-bar. One guy was sitting and kinda burning me with his eyes, clearly trying to make up his mind about something then he stood and closed in on me and I'm thinking, "It's go time." Then he says, "Would you like to sit?" After a wave of relief rolled over me, I thanked him and said it was OK, I'd just as soon stand, but he hovered there and looked so pathetic because he couldn't sit down if I was standing. Thinking back on it I realized that I *owed* these polite men a gracious acceptance of their courtesy -- even if we both know that I'm not a natal woman. Civilization depends on it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I guess I'm not at that easily accepting amenities of being seen as a woman yet so when it happens I feel it a little more. I've been out in public for a year or so now so when the tables are turned I have to accept the reality that what is happening to me is what I was taught as a young man as to how to be a gentleman towards the (fairer sex) females. As I said I'm beginning to enjoy the attention, there is so much more than the clothes to being a woman, sometimes you have to take and not always give.

Silver Member
    Whenever I enter or exit at a door, I always look behind me to see if someone is coming, and man or woman, I hold the door for them. Entering, it has caused me to be at the back of a line a few times. I've always been courtious. Yesterday at WallyWorld, a lady shopper knocked some hung garments off of a rack. I helped her pick them up. She saw me later as I was leaving and thanked me again!
    A story .. When I was still working, years ago, I was at an entrance door to an office building when I saw a young lady just behind me. I held the door and motioned for her to enter. She reacted by saying,"you didn't have to do that because I'm a lady." I replied, "no, I did it because I'm a gentleman." Her embarrassed look was priceless. Women's lib for her sucked at that moment, and it made my day!

Quote Originally Posted by Allisa View Post
    Teresa,I may not look it or act it at times but I am still a man I know what's behind some of those smiles. Rogina I know it may be kind of weird but sometimes thinking that men may have a touch of lust in their eyes is kind of flattering I guess I still have that ego that must be fed.
    I will never be one to suggest not having fun with the "power"..!

Platinum Member
    I must say, it’s always a pleasure to have a door opened for me. Being called Mam or Ms can still surprise me, but I’m pleased that most often I’ve at ‘face’ value.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

If a comment or kind deed comes my way I smile meekly and accept it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.