Thread: We need thick skin!

We need thick skin!

Seems like every time I hear people on TV or Radio talk about CDer's it's always negative comments or jokes like "doesn't he look great in that summer dress"!
    Which I love summer dresses.
    Makes me go deeper into the closet, yes I'm a guy but I love dresses! I'm not crazy or am I? LOL
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 03-03-2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Typo
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Judy, I don't think this is the right place if you want confirmation your are crazy, as that means quite a few thousand of us are crazy too!!! maybe we are
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

We all may be a little crazy, yeah I'm crazy in love with dressing. Really I think there are a lot of negative comments about us all that dress. I just ignore it and go home and dress in private. The good old boys will never know.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I always think if u can't laff at yourself u have issues. I'm constantly entertained by my oddball and obsessive efforts with Sherry.

However, I'm not really aware of media/sitcom cracks because I don't watch them!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I always think if u can't laff at yourself u have issues.
    I usually find if I can't laugh at myself, I can find others to do it for me.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Hell-o Judy,
    Hey! As long as that’s where your keepin’ your dresses.
    You know? Deeper in the closet.
    Go get ‘em!
    Seriously 😳 though...who doesn’t dream about
    summer dresses in early March?

No Judy, you're not crazy. Those off hand comments
    that are just blurted out, without any forethought, can
    easily get under your skin.
    A stiff upper lip, stern angular glare through slightly
    squinted eyes, and a steady deep cleansing breath will
    usually suffice.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I think we are as tough as they come Judy. Being a hetero man who enjoys trying to look pretty while the rest of the world sees “football player in a dress” is not an easy thing. But we have a right to be who we are without fear of oppression and deragatory comments. Whether in the closet or out, we all have far more guts, gumption, and thicker skin than we will ever get credit for. So dress on! Do what you have to do to keep your personal life stable, and do it all without shame! We’re all as beautiful as we feel and I feel beautiful when I’m dolled up even if the camera doesn’t always agree!

I was just reading my crossdressers handbook and it has no mention of us being crazy. Did I miss that?
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Reality Check
    re: Summer dresses, yes, they can be nice, but they show a lot of body and a lot of skin. Most of us would have to do some serious shaving to pull off the typical summer dress. I find it far easier to pull off the "woman look" if I can cover as much skin as possible.

As for us being crazy, it's on page 102 near the bottom.
    Krisi

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I'm not crazy or am I? LOL
    Crazy? No way! Me neither! How could I - queen of my planet Zirxmny - be crazy? I look to fabulous for that...
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

Banned Read only
    Judy,
    The media have so much to answer for, some of the producers must live on another planet when you hear or see the programs they produce , it encourages over reaction and biased views , best thing is ignore them and just venture out in the real World .

Personally I couldn't let them drive me back into the closet , they have to be educated and proved wrong . We wear female clothes because we are driven by an inner need , why should there be so much false talk and biased humour over this issue , some are struggling mentally to come to terms with being TG the media must put it's house in order .

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    We are now living in world that seems to have a malady of thinning skin! Regardless of what kind of clothes anyone wishes to wear, people need to get over themselves and get on with life. Is it anyone's business what you eat, no, and it shouldn't be anyone's business how you wish to dress. They are only clothes, and beyond our cultural history which seems to be dictating the current trends, it isn't anything to get offended with. Thin skinned people all have opinions which should be kept to themselves, to rattle around their empty heads! That being said, what ever you wear, do it in good taste.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

We all or at least most try to be accepted into the group of people we need to so we adapt, or dress as we think will be acceptable!
    If I could wear dresses to work I would in a second!

Some of the girls I work with wear wild out of the norm outfits! So Cool!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Crazy me?
    just because......
    1) I wear shorts and go barefoot in the snow
    2) I've head butted a goat and won (scars took a while to heal)
    3) and I love summer dresses?
    (well - maybe crazy because of the first 2)

DSCF0527.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Judy,

every time I hear people on TV or Radio talk about CDer's it's always negative comments or jokes Perhaps it's different in your neck of the woods but it's not something I recognise from my daily life. True there are those who both like the sound of their own voice and offer somewhat bigoted, outdated views, I'm thinking Piers Morgan here in particular, but beyond that I see and hear very little.

This is partly due to changing opinions but also to the fact that TV and radio companies don't want to offend and come in for criticism. Yep when out and about we sometimes have to simply front things out but reading all the posts of the trouble free outing so many of us experience perhaps this is a case of if you look for something you'll find it.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 03-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Banned Read only
    The only time I hear anything locally about transgender women or cross dressers is when the "bathroom bill" people start their ranting and ravings again. Most of the local stories are about the struggles transgender women and girls undergo. The stories are always tasteful and science based. On occasion there are stories of perverts dressing as woman to gain access to ladies' rooms to act out their perversions. Yes, the "bathroom bill" people raise their voices, but, it seems most of the commentaries are of the opinion these guys would attempt to assault women whether or not there was a bathroom bill in place. The vast majority of voyeurism cases around here are men installing camera in places women expect privacy.

I don't watch sit-com at all. I would never watch any sit-com that pokes fun at transgender men and women, gags and lesbians or cross dressers. Not my cup of tea. I do think when a cross dresser is out en femme she will encounter people who throw unapproving glances and barbs. I'd say you need some thick skin to endure those instances.

Platinum Member
    Hi Judy , We are a very Misunderstood group.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Well some of us are crazy, but they'd be crazy if they dressed or not. Personally, I agree that we are tough, because we do what we feel comfortable doing and what others think, who cares. Whether you're in the closet or out in public, you're doing your thing.
    I do go out dressed, do I pass? Not really but as long as I don't get hassled who cares. Maybe I am crazy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I err on the funny side and look at my own disability, whatever that may be.

I always make an effort to see the funny side from others perspective however coarse it may seem.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Judy-Somthing View Post
    I'm not crazy or am I?
    I think Waylon Jennings said it best, "I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane."

We're just a bunch of crazy cross dressers!