Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight and dressing

Aspiring Member

Weight and dressing

So I embarked on a 'New Year New Me' thing and have lost over a stone in a couple of months. I'm pleased for myself and have really noticed a difference in drab.

Looking back at a few photos of me dressed I can see a difference before and after from 2017 to ones I've taken 2018.

I can't wait to dress again as I feel i will really see a big difference in myself and just wanna share!

Anyone else had success with weightloss and seen a real difference in how it transposes to dressing?

Tammy ❤️

I too have started a new diet and joined a gym. I started at 295 and at the doctors yesterday I weighed in at 275. My home scale showed 271 a few days before but then I was weighing in before breakfast and just in my pretties. I joked with the nurse that I like my scale at home better. It has been a change but honestly before my realization that I want to be more feminine I was all right with my weight and lifestyle. My old doctor tried to get me to diet but I was happy as is and a stubborn mule. CDing has given me my reason to look better and feel better so chalk up another point to being a man in a dress!
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)

I have the opposite problem - I’m only 5-7 and 152 pounds...so no delightful curves...unless they arrive in a box at my doorstep...boo!...I guess too much swimming and biking...

I started yoga and I’m hopeful to add a few pounds with that much-talked about yoga backside.

And of course that will require delightful yoga pants and a cute matching top or two...or three or four...

~ brooke

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I applaud you Tasmin and Andy if dressing gives you the motivation I think thats great and my hat is off to you both.
    They do say women come in all shapes and sizes so thats my story and I'm sticking to it.LOL
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-03-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Platinum Member
    I never made any New Year's resolution to lose weight. I'n stuck at 198-200 lbs which is on a six foot larger frame. Years ago I read the back of the beer cans and soda cans and decided it was easier to not drink worthless sugar calories than to lose them. After an operation is 2014 I slipped to 185 but felt lousy. My weight crept back up to 198 and has stayed there. I think my body is telling me something. My main goal is to lose or keep to a minimum visceral fat; male belly fat. Right now I'm at 42-38-40 which works out well wearing dresses without a defined waistline; sheaths, wraps, empire waists. The last time I had a 30 inch waist was when I was humping the boonies; 38-30-38. Keep in mind you're ideal weight may not be the weight your femme side wants to be.

Banned Spammer
    I can't comment on losing weight and how it transposes to dressing but I can on gaining a bunch of weight and how it changes things.
    Not in a bad way mind you just takes a different way of looking at clothes. What to buy what not to buy that kind of thing.
    Finding things that fit is harder for instance.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-04-2018 at 12:03 AM.

Platinum Member
    yes, gradually reduced my weight from a high of near 270 to the present 228 plus or minus. I've seen a couple of things. First, my face is a bit thinner... I may be deluding myself, but I think its a bit less overtly masculine and maybe a little younger looking than the heavier version. The biggest difference is in the fit and selection of clothing. I can get into a 14 dress now, and often LG or XL tops rather than the Plus sized tops I'd been limited to in the past. Losing weight also has brought my waist down a good 4-6 inches, so its a good deal easier to slip into an extra firm shaper, and I can present somewhat more feminine figure as a result.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy Don't diet!

Dieting is doomed to fail!

When I got serious about Sherry's figure, I quit my gym and changed how/what I eat. Gradually, over a year: I switched from beer to red wine, stopping eating big, heavy dinners, no eating after 8 PM, etc. That was 10 years ago and those 20 pounds, (which were all located at my spare tire), never came back!

If your fem image in the mirror isn't motivation enuff? Consider your health! If neither of those work? The heck with it! Enjoy the life u have!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Most definitely a difference, I used to need things in size 20/24. In the last few years, I've worked my way down to a 10/12 and there are far more clothing choices that are easier to find. As a result, I have been able to move my daily wardrobe more to the feminine side of the spectrum.
    Last edited by PamelaRI; 03-03-2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don’t realky diet per se either but I began watching my weight just after I turned 50.
    Yes dressing was part of my motivation but also my age and wanting to stay healthy.
    I finally cut out sodas and began working out and it’s taken a few years but at 6”2 I’m down to 202 to 204.
    I would love to loose a few more pounds but as Sherry says I just have to watch what I eat and do my best to exercise
    when I can

Kind of at a dilemma with my weight. I could really work on it and have an AMAZING waistline like I had when I was younger, but I’m pretty slight to begin with so I don’t want to lose anything from certain areas... ah first world problems...

After I go on holidays I lose about eight or nine pounds as there is no food in the fridge of the motels I stay in> :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I wish I had Micki_Finn's problems.

I have put on a few lbs from my better look.

I would love to loose 20+ lbs and get to a sz 8.

My issue is I can get my waist down but the if I loose to much I loose it in the top also.
    I wish I could get my smaller because when I am in the best shape I am sz 6-8 in my waist but my ThUNDER ThiGHS make we wear a 2+ sizes bigger to fit my THIGHS (YUCK).

Wish I could just take it off my THIghs and put it on my bust? LOL

Prene

Banned Spammer
    I have gained all over especially my legs but my waist is my big problem.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-04-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Well done to you ladies who have lost weight and changed your eating habits (I am still working on both and looking forward to increasing my step count as the weather warms up)

With out a doubt my body has changed from a thinner frame to a thicker solid body style. I do work out and for someone my age with a large frame, very healthy. My arms are not petite and lady like (push ups). To answer your question though, try to get a safe stable weight and stick with it. It will also stabilize the wardrobe$$$.....

X Kara
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

As my wife and I are getting older we have really started watching our food intake. She put us both on a diet and we have totally cut out sugar. Use the artificial ones not and I'm 6'2" inches and now my weight stay around 220-225. It does make a difference in the way you feel inside dressed and makes walking in my heels so much easier. We have been working out also and plan a Five K run in April.

I am working on managing my weight as well. For me, I feel changing my thoughts about food and eating have been the most benefit. I have been thinning at the waist and belly slowly but surely. But no matter how you do it losing weight is always a good thing for a crossdresser (if you know you need to loose weight). I envy those girls who seem to maintain a great slim body apparently without much effort. Sharing and learning from others success stories on this forum have been inspirational as well.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Tammy,
    I had a bit of a shock , I know I've had a stressful time with my separation and moving to a new home but I always thought I was about 147lbs , I weighed myself yesterday and found I was just under 140 lbs . I feel OK in myself in fact I've just donated another pint of blood ( now 68 pints !) I will have to keep on eye on it as I really don't want to lose anymore.

My apologies to all those who can't shift weight but I still eat well .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-04-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Everything I do seems to have something to do with dressing. I started Weight Watchers the first week of January and as of today's weigh in, I have lost 15.8 lbs. My goal is to loose another 7-8 and stop. Being older, too much weight loss can possibly not look good. However, I would love to be able to buy size 12 dresses again. I can't wait to get home from FL in April and go shopping for a new wardrobe. I do hope that it all comes together to keep my female image passable as it has been in the past. Being 5'5" I just want my weoght to be in the female range for a short girl like me.

I started eating better and running more years before I started dressing fully. While I haven’t lost much weight in over 4 years, it does shift around dynamically and my waist is as trim as it’s been in decades. I’ve increased my running distance and I also do hot yoga and they keep me in pretty good shape.

All that plus full-body shaving really enhances my dressing, my overall appearance, and broadens the pallette of clothes I can wear tastefully.

Silver Member
    Teresa, many kudos on you blood donations! If my math is right, that's an amazing 17 gallons (US)!!!

I went from 235 to 180 & I'm 5'6". I exercise a lot. Going for a three mile walk right now
    (wearing bra & panties of course).

Banned Spammer
    The anti seizure meds I have been on in the past always caused me to gain some but since my Dr put me on phenytion my weight has really gone up
    It keeps my levels where they need to be and I don't get physically ill like the other meds so that is a good thing I just wasn't expecting to gain so much. Just have to deal with it thats all.
    I do walk close to two miles most every day and do Tai Chi every other day as well.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I've never been overweight but I could easily become so if I didn't exercise strict control over what I eat and drink. And it's bloody hard work sometimes as I love just about everything that is bad for you. I do eat well and healthily, and resisting all those cakes and sweets is not easy, but I do have the odd treat every now and again.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....