Thread: Working On My Waistline

Working On My Waistline

Morning girls, I'm working on my waistline with a waist trainer to get my waist down to a more feminine waistline. It is now about 36" trying to get it to 30 or 32". I just started wearing it but will wear it until to comes down. No matter how long it takes.

Hugs,
    Jeanniegirl

I'm also working on my waistline Jeanniegirl. Stomach vacuums morning and night are a great addition to your programme.

Keep it up, or down on the yoga mat!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good luck and keep us posted on how it is working for you.
    Pros and cons of your experience too.

The avvy pic isn't me
    I have recently rededicated myself to going to a gym on a regular basis, and for several reasons.
    One, is overall health.
    Two, is more specifically my legs (I used to road cycle a lot and loved hiking, but need the legs to get me back to it more faithfully).
    Three, is the cardio and abs......my tummy (and therefore my waist) needs lots of work too.
    Four, is my butt......genetics (even for a male) were not kind to me in that area.

My legs have responded very nicely, i'm now after just 3 weeks fully toned and am gaining muscle mass and definition.

The rest is much much more work!! I watched a bunch of youtube vids for isolating and working the glutes and it is difficult. The abs are hard just because I hate it and the cardio will come along eventually, especially once the weather turns and I can start putting on the miles on the bike.

I do know waist training can work, but I hope you are incorporating exercise into your routine.

Cass

It will take you a while, donot overdo it as you can upset internal organs if you constrict them too much too soon.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm currently at 31 inches. But I've found that clothes that fit my top half (Shoulders and chest) are baggy around my waist. And clothes that fit my waist, are too small for my top half. I can't win either way

Silver Member
    Queen B.. You have to fit on top. Try a woman's belt, and gather the loose fabric in back.

Banned Spammer
    I have that same problem Bridget I have to mix/match tops to bottoms one straight size outfit won't fit me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Uh, Jeannie? U do realize corset/cincher waist training will bring your waist in only while u r wearing it? When I began wearing a corset for dressing sessions, I started with a size 28". After a couple of years I dropped down to a 24". But, that was from my body getting accustomed to wearing it and me gradually titening it more and more. When I removed my corsets my waist always returned to my normal 31".

If u want waist reduction permanently? I suggest this excersize: While sitting at your dinner table, put your hands on the table edge and push yourself away!

Actually, I've gotten good results from doing 120 sets of crunches every morning first thing! It may not have reduced my waist all that much. But, it sure titens things up and strengthens my core!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    I need HELP!!!! I wish I could lose weight; But with my Handicap, I just can not get
    the exorcise*I wish I could do.
    Rader

Spot reduction is not possible. Being healthy is a combination of exercise, proper food choices, and quality rest. If you're physically unable to workout -- in the most commonly perceived way -- getting fit can involve using the joints and muscles not affected by the handicap. Swimming is a fantastic form of exercise; try it out!

Banned Spammer
    I wish I could too Rader but my meds are brutal to my waistline.
    Wish I could just stay one size because buying clothes gets pricey.

Aspiring Member
    What docrobbysherry said, she has it right. Sherrii

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    It will take you a while, donot overdo it as you can upset internal organs if you constrict them too much too soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Uh, Jeannie? U do realize corset/cincher waist training will bring your waist in only while u r wearing it?
    Not really. There are plenty of women who used tight corseting which over time, reduced their waist. These aren't isolated results. But I suppose that over time, unless you continue to wear a corset regularly your waist will eventually return to your normal. So you'll have to wear a corset pretty often.

See here: https://www.orchardcorset.com/pages/...g-before-after

and here: https://www.orchardcorset.com/pages/waist-training-101

And of course, there are plenty of other sites like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I need HELP!!!! I wish I could lose weight; But with my Handicap, I just can not get the exorcise*I wish I could do.
    Rader
    Atkins diet will lose the weight. But you'll have to readjust your diet permanently. I stick to all protein and fat for weight loss, and once I reach my target weight, slowly add some carbs until I see the weight start to come back on, then reduce the carb level until it stops. Right now, I'm at 60 grams a day of carbs and I'm not gaining or losing weight. I'm at 240 pounds, and will resume the weight loss routine again in about a few months or so, as if you lose weight too fast, it's not only dangerous for your health, but your skin will not have time to recover and you'll be left with loose, baggy, wrinkly skin. So far I've avoided that problem.

Remember, ATKINS diet. NOT modified Atkins, because that rarely works for weight loss. You have to start with ZERO carbohydrates. ZERO. No veggies, no fruits, no sugar, no soda, no milk, no cream, no bread, no potatoes, no rice. If you're prone to constipation, you'll probably have to add some fiber, I use psyllium (non nutritive fiber, or you can just eat a lot of celery!) into your diet, I just buy it off of amazon and take some every day.
    I call it the 'food with a face' diet. If it had a face, you can eat it. Meat; beef, pork, lamb, veal, chicken, turkey, duck, bison, ostrich, etc.. Also eggs in all their varieties, but you can't make a sandwich out of them, because you can't have bread or even rice bread. Seafood. All the bacon you want. All the lobster, all the shrimp, all the filet salmon, all the cheese, etc.,
    READ HIS BOOK! Oh, and despite rumors that this diet is bad for your health, he didn't die from heart disease. He died of a head injury.
    Bacon is a terrific satisfying snack,and it's on the diet. If you have an Aldi's grocery store, they sell precooked bacon for $2.39 a box; it has three slabs of 5 slices, just pop in a slab in the microwave for 30 seconds. Enjoy!
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 04-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Exercise is overrated when it comes to weight reduction. The best way to lose weight is eat less.

"The science is in: exercise won’t help you lose much weight": https://www.vox.com/2018/1/3/1684543...-burn-calories
    Last edited by Taylor186; 04-08-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Intake (eating fewer calories) is the key to weight loss, like the vox article above says (vox has lots of good articles on diet).

Vox also has articles that prove there is no diet that is better than others. Low carb versus high carb; neither is better. All diets are essentially marketing efforts with no proven science behind them.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can vouch for for what Lexi explained in detail. A close friend tried everything to lose weight including liposuction! Nothing worked until he tried the Atkins diet. It's not really a diet but diet change!

He stayed on it, dedicated completely, for 2 years. Then, slowly began adding things after he lost the weight he wanted to. That was 15 years ago and he's stayed slim and healthy. He doesn't work out at all. Walks his dog, is retired, and constantly working on his house. That's it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I started wearing a corset in the mornings before work and I love the feeling when I remove I feel my torso so thin. Just sayin'

Thanks crunches work for you docrobbysherry

Please be careful with corset training, yes it can narrow your waist, but it can also cause significant damage to your internal organs. You’re talking about cutting 4-6” through corset training alone? That’s a lot.

Banned Spammer
    I would be very careful.

Male me needs to work on his waistline...some of my skirts are starting to get tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor186 View Post
    Exercise is overrated when it comes to weight reduction. The best way to lose weight is eat less.

"The science is in: exercise won’t help you lose much weight": https://www.vox.com/2018/1/3/1684543...-burn-calories
    ^this goes completely against my experience. As a teen as well as an adult male, when I was very physically active, and yet still eating a ton of food, I would shed the fat during those phases. And yes, it was being VERY active, a physical job all day, followed by bicycling, tennis, racquetball, skating, going out dancing at night, as well as playing basketball and football with my friends. I had to be burning a whole lot of calories doing that, as well as ramping up my metabolism for hours after the actual exercise. I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but you simply cannot dismiss the increased use of energy as a significant contribution towards weight loss.

You need to do both. Stop eating so much, and exercise. It's the simplest way.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Micki_Finn View Post
    Please be careful with corset training, yes it can narrow your waist, but it can also cause significant damage to your internal organs. You’re talking about cutting 4-6” through corset training alone? That’s a lot.
    It depends upon what measurement you're starting at. Moderate changes probably aren't likely to have a damaging effect. Going from a 36" waist to a 32" isn't a great change (about 10%?), while women have been trying to go from twenties to the teens for a long time. I think that's where the greatest potential for damage comes in, the pursuit of the wasp or ant waist.
    POTENTIALLY dangerous? Sure. But considering all the women over the years who wore corsets, if it were that bad then you would have had people dying in the streets from it.
    And we still see that, when they go too far. A few years ago on the show America's next top model, one of the girls passed out from wearing a corset that was too tight. ONE of them. So keep in mind, it can happen. But rarely. Be careful. And remember, OVER eating and being obese is a far more likely thing to make you sick.

Most people will be fine. It's the few who go overboard that have the problems.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.