Thread: Shopping in male mode

Shopping in male mode

The last couple of days I've been packing for Keystone, and I had a couple of items that I wanted.

I twisted my ankle very badly and I'm afraid I might fall if I wear heels. So, I went looking for flats, in boy mode.

First I went to a Lane Bryant. The SA comes of to me and asks me what I'm looking for. I told her flats in a large size. She said the large sizes were available on the Internet, but she pointed out the shoes to me. She didn't pay me any mind, and I didn't find anything I liked.

Then I went down to Torrid. same thing. SA asked, I responded and she showed me the shoe rack. I tried on a lot of shoes, but I guess I'm between sizes. Nothing really fit.

Then I went to Payless. The SA welcomed me and asked if I needed any help. I've been there many times, so I told her I was fine. I went back to the size 11s and found a couple of pair to try on, but the 11s were too small. so, I stepped over to the 12s and I found a pair that met all my criteria: looked nice, fit nice and not expensive.

I went to the front to pay, and the SA rang them up like I was a regular girl. I thanked her for not asking questions, but told her they were for me. We had a nice talk. She (obviously) has no problem selling women's shoes to men. She has some other TGirl customers. she also said she was surprised I wasn't getting high heels because that's usually what the Tgirls buy. I told her about my ankle and Keystone.

I also stopped at DSW and Saks off 5th, but didn't find anything there. Pretty slim pickings on 11+.

I also wanted to find an evening gown for the gala ball. My go to place is Macy's "Last Act". I didn't find any dresses calling my name so I headed out to the mall. Unfortunately, I walked by the section with junior ball gowns. I found a lot I would loved to have bought, but they were out of my budget. Then I went to Lord and Taylor. They always have out of season or one-of-a-kind leftovers on sale. There were hundreds to pick from, but even on close-out, they weren't in my budget. This mall actually has two Macy's, so I went to check out the other one. It looked like they were taking down the Last Act section.

Next day I decided to go to this locally owned resale shop. I walked in, and right away, the SA asked if she could help me. I told her I was looking for a cocktail dress. She kind of does a double take, and then I said size 14. They had several LBDs, but I like to be more colorful, but she did find a cute red one to try on. I thought it looked nice, so I walked out of the dressing room to model it. She and another SA liked it, but thought it would look better if I could get the waist taken in. I asked her if she had anything else. She went to the sale rack and found a turquoise dress with a single shoulder strap. I looked at it and told the SA that it looked way too short for "an old lady", but she said that I might want to try it on anyhow. so, I did, and it fit nicely.

I ended up buying them both. The turquoise one was priced at $22, but it was half off because it was on the sale rack.

We also had a nice talk. I told her my wife doesn't like me dressing. I told her that my wife doesn't know what she's missing. She could borrow my dresses, and I usually have extra pantihose if she ever needed one. The SA thought that was funny.

I know, you want pics. Come to Keystone and you can see them live, but I will try to take some pics.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 03-06-2018 at 10:21 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    My what a fun time, without a doubt we girls do have an interesting life especially when it comes to shopping
    Thanks for sharing Steffi

I don't buy my clothes in male mode anymore, only as a well dressed woman.

Steffi, sounds like a good time shopping, even if not dressed. What resale shop?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I do the same thing also with such a busy schedule some times you just got to roll with it. Have fun in Keystone.

Thank you Steffi, I felt like you just shared a couple of good days in your life with us, and I really enjoyed it. Yes, please post pictures, I want to see that the turquoise dress looks like. Brenda

I go all the time and tell the SA's the items are for me, they just think I am theatrically articulate.

I have a great time. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Silver Member
    Its nice to have that much time to shop. Too bad you had so little luck at most of the places you visited. But it goes in streaks some times and it does happen that you just find a ton of stuff

What a very cool day just shopping and your story was very enjoyable to read. I'll be looking for the pictures. Take a bunch.

Nice story Steffi and I for one will hold you to your promise to show us some pics of you from keystone!! Most of Beck's clothes have been bought when i drab, I neither advertise nor hide that they are for me, never had the slightest problem.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Today I bought some female reader glasses. My thought process was they aint gonna say anything and if they do I will just they are just readers and there are no men's styled ones. Truth is pretty much all that was left were women's style.

Aspiring Member Barbara Joanne74's Avatar
    Oregon, South of Portland, North of Salem
    Not to steal your thunder but I too had a great experiance this week I had a day off and went shopping, but I dont have a wig yet, but still wanted to wear a bit of makeup, I did, dressed in my womens pants, my unpadded bra and a tshirt and wore a baseball hat. I still felt fem, but it was obvious what I was.
    Every store I went to they SA all refered to me as Mam, Miss, Her I was on cloud nine, and have been since.

Barbara