Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OMG! I've lost the compulsion to dress! Can u relate!?

I'm a lil over retirement age and an introvert. My body is great, but my face aint so much. So I've never tried a wig and makeup & have never been dressed in public (except in a few plays when I was a kid).

I usually am wearing a short skirt in my room. I like looking down at my legs or seeing them in the mirror. But I haven't felt excited for a while to be dressed.

I'm also disappointed that I don't feel very feminine. I've always wanted to feel like a woman, but a unique one, not like others.

If an affordable safe substance or procedure comes along that can turn on excitement and turn on a feeling of femininity and I can actually look gorgeous, I might feel fulfilled. I want to have a switch I can turn on and off for those feelings.

Having a suitable companion might help do the trick. I don't know if one is findable.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

While I'm a fetishistic CDer, it's not the clothes or dressing in them that I find arousing. It's the idea of myself as feminine AKA autogynephilia. Crossdressing is just an adjunct activity used to actualize this idea. In a sense, crossdressing, for me, is just foreplay and, just like in "normal" heterosexuality, sometimes it's just easier to dispense with the foreplay and get down to business. Increasingly, as I get older and uglier, CDing fails to provide the necessary illusion of femininity and I find myself doing it less and less. I still have my imagination, tho.

It happens. I bought a new motorcycle type toy last year, and now I'm into that for the moment. I know things will change again, and I'll go back when the the desire changes. One goal I do have- is a run to Janet's Closet this year. Just to browse, of course. What I'm wondering, is will it inspire me to dress more? It could, it wouldn't hurt my feelings any.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Sherry. For me a lot changed when I developed gynecomastia about 8 years ago. I now have D cup breasts. There isn't the thrill so to speak.
    I get dressed for work micro fiber boyshorts, bra, t-shirt, jeans (men's jeans untill I can find women's that are long enough). I tuck my shirt in so my breasts are extremely obvious.
    I am happier than I have been at any other time in my life. My body simply feels right/natural.

I had the compulsion in my early 20's, once I had a complete female wardrobe it was almost like a security blanket, and "my mind cleared". My dressing peaked in my 30's (I'm in my mid 50's), I went out occasionally, didn't fool anyone who gave me a second look, and everyone seemed willing to play along. Nothing negative, maybe some laughter, but that was OK. A guy once saw me and said "It's Sandra Bernhardt!" (the comedian).

I still lounge in lingerie, but haven't dressed completely for many years. The biggest reason is I've surrendered to my body hair (there was a full moon the night I was born and I have the hair on my back to prove it!). I find a full body of "5 o'clock shadow" an absolute downer. I also don't look good dressed as a young woman.

Platinum Member
    it occurred to me that dressing can be an end in itself. How many of us dressed as teens, experienced a few moments of excitement, then felt embarrassed and stashed the few items away? I've observed before that sexualized dressing provides a sufficient explanation to the teenage mind. As we mature mentally and emotionally, develop real life intimate relationships and learn more about ourselves generally, that sexualized dressing may be a component, but the experience of dressing, particularly when we can dress completely, there's a satisfaction or even a sense of calm associated with it. Dressing for dressing's sake?

But I think the next step in most of our experience has been to desire social interaction while dressed. I think we want to be seen and in the process of being seen, be accepted after many decades of shame and hiding - in whole or in part for this aspect of ourselves. We seek to do things and be with others just as you have. Its a measure of maturation, perhaps.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt