Thread: Using changing rooms

Silver Member

Using changing rooms

I've never shopped en femme, and I've never used a changing room to try on a lady's garment. But, I'm thinking of doing it when I buy my first really nice, somewhat expensive dress. To be sure the bodice part fits properly, I want to take my C forms along.

Have any of you ladies ever done this, and if so, how did you secret your forms in the process?

Banned Read only
    I have tried on clothing in the store many times.

The easiest way to "sneak" your forms in is to wear them.

Never been shopping with forms but have tried stuff on in various stores. If you’re that concerned, go to a shopping center, get a bag from some other shop and then thrown your forms in there.

Jenny,

As Micki says, just put them in a shopping/man-bag and take them in with you. Are you going to be already wearing your bra or will that need to go into the bag as well. I would suggest you don't think of it as hiding them. After all, you're going to be in plain sight carrying the dress into the changing rooms which is sort of a big giveaway ( male of female BTW?) so worrying about being "discovered" being possession of a pair of forms seems to be of little concern. Get your thought processes sorted and it will all be soo much easier.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I wear all the under things I need to support whatever I think I might purchase. Even when I shop in drab, just wear loose clothing. No one cares, if they do, tough!

I would think Micki's idea would be the way to go. Just pretend your out shopping and bought something else in another store and use that bag. Even if the sign says no bags in garment changing area you could tell the lady at the changing area what's in the bag and if she says no then I'd just simply go to another store. Some stores don't like one carrying other bags into the changing area. I guess they are scared of shoplifting, but if you showed her the bag and she knew you were carrying it in then shpuldnt be a problem.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I suggest foam forms. They r lite and can be smashed flat under your clothing. Then, take them out in the changing room. U could make a pair the exact size u need in 1/2 hour with just a pair of scissors!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Jen,

I have done this. Dress Barn, Macys, even a bra/lingerie shop.
    You can do it, especially en femme. The SAs love it and I've found them always interested and respectful.
    Dress Barn PA-FC.jpeg

At the Dress Barn.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

When I shop in drab I carry a bra and forms in a shopping bag and declare them at the changing room entrance.

It is there I am sometimes offered a bra fitting, usually in jest.

I have given a positive answer on many occasions and then bought even more expensive foundations to add to my collection. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You have a nearby Nordstrom. I strongly suggest contacting them and asking if you can come in to try on clothes dressed as a man. Call the store, ask for the dress department, and ask them. All they can do is say no, but they likely won't. Plus, they won't know who is calling them--until you give them your name to set up the appointment.

Better yet, ask if you can try on clothes dressed as a woman (I know, that's a big step). I did this in October 2016, and my CDing life changed drastically for the better. I did go in dressed, but I found that Nordstrom is very CD friendly. Even better, they have a wide variety of great dresses, and a sales staff that is very helpful.

When I was going in for the first time, the SA called me the day before asking what type of dresses I wanted to try on (I was giving blood at the time between two people, so I couldn't be too specific!). When I showed up, they had a room with 15 dresses in my size range for me to try on. I ended up buying one of the dresses, and it is still my favorite.

I was scared to go in and make the appointment, but once I did, it opened up my CD world. I now go back often, text with a Nordstrom SA to find when she is working, walk around the floor to pick out dresses/clothes to try on, and the Nordstrom SAs are happy to see me.

You can do this.

As to your forms, I have a Nordstrom bag. When I need to do a clothes change, I carry the extra clothes in the Nordstrom bag (on more than one occasion, I have changed from girl to boy in the Nordstrom changing rooms).

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    When I asked to try some clothes on I told them I'd brought my forms with me to slip into my bra , it doesn't have to be a secret it's just common sense .

When I go to my local Dress Barn, I take along a used Dress Barn bag loaded with those items I need to see the complete picture when I try something on. That usually includes any enhancers, padding, wig, make-up, and shoes (I used to borrow a pair of their shoes, but they stopped selling them in my store). No one has said a thing about the bag (I have warned them that I was not returning anything). And I get to see how the dress, skirt, or top really looks.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I always wear my bra and forms to DressBarn to make sure everything fits right. The S/A`S have no problem with me and help me finding proper fitting clothes.

Aspiring Member
    I've done this all the time, but I've gotten to know some sales staff. It wasn't that hard to initiate though.

Hopefully, you'll purchase something to make it worth their while. In end, no sales person wants to tidy up after someone who doesn't make a purchase, regardless of their gender.

Silver Member
    Holey cow! All the cloak and dagger is completely unnecessary. Just walk into the store, make your selection and take it to the fitting room. They may be locked, so I always ask a SA to open one for me. For bonus points, ask the SA whether the fit is correct. She will be more than happy to help.

You notice I didn't specify dressed or drab. That's because it doesn't matter. We are now in an age where a man can shop for dresses without judgement. In fact, I believe SAs actually like helping male customers, however they present at the moment.

I just go en-femme, and take the items to the ladies' changing area like any other lady. Haven't been stopped or questioned yet, even in shops where they need to unlock the stall for you.

In drab, I try to be more subtle, simply because I don't want to freak out a female customer. In that case, I would have my bra and forms in a shopping bag, and would take the items to a male side dressing room, draped over my arm so it was less obvious it was a blouse and not a dress shirt.

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
    Holey cow! All the cloak and dagger is completely unnecessary. Just walk into the store, make your selection and take it to the fitting room. They may be locked, so I always ask a SA to open one for me. For bonus points, ask the SA whether the fit is correct. She will be more than happy to help.

You notice I didn't specify dressed or drab. That's because it doesn't matter. We are now in an age where a man can shop for dresses without judgement. In fact, I believe SAs actually like helping male customers, however they present at the moment.
    I think you missed the part of her wanting to try on the dress wearing her breast forms. She is asking how to get the forms into the dressing room without creating a big fuss.

I think all the possible solutions have been covered so now she can make whichever choice she wishes.

What I do is shop where I can return items that don't fit. That way I don't have to carry my boobs and hips around in a bag. And I don't have to occupy the dressing room for twenty minutes getting everything on and off again. But that wasn't her question.
    Krisi

I do it quite often..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Dressbarns are cross dresser friendly. I go to my local Dressbarn dressed en drab, pick out items I want to try on but always ask before using the dressing room. I carry my breast forms in a small bag with me. I have a favorite sales lady that is friendly and helpful and puts me at ease. I've also tried on female clothing while en drab at Carson's and Macy's using the same technique. However, this has only been a very few times as I'm still uncomfortable in those large department stores. The others are right about Nordstrom's. I have bought two formal gowns from that store where I had to go into the fitting room for alterations. Yes, there were women in there being fitted,also. One of my first entries in this forum was about that experience.