Thread: Happy international womens day....google doodle

Happy international womens day....google doodle

so when i came online this morning google was highlighting this day.

i never pay them much attention but today i clicked the doodle, well a slideshow menu opened and i clicked one, after i realized it was a collection of 10 different ones, one shows a women sitting with a book, LOVE by Laerte, i found it cute and relevant to some who water here....if you check it out id like to hear your thoughts.....
    Last edited by mykell; 03-08-2018 at 09:13 AM.
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I like most of the stuff Google put on their banner. I especially liked the ones they did for the Olympics.

I liked today's Women's day too. "I was 5. I was different. I could feel it in my stomach."
    Stephanie

I found Inwards to be more meaningful for me relating to finding myself. I've never been in the situation your asking about but I'm sure it doe's happen and with a less cheerful results.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Just for today my home city has been re-named 'Womanchester', a nice touch.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

lisa i could relate to that as well, i pointed out "love" as it was clearly a trans-women, the inclusion felt nice for this day....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

I am celebrating Women's Day by wearing my favorite dress and polishing my nails.
    Hugs, Carole

I looked but really can't decide I liked them all somewhat. Explain to me exactly your definition of to promote Gender Parity? Are they talking about the two different genders or the term used loosely as two genders being equal. Just asking.

I am not able (for most of this day) to dress as my favorite woman. Me.
    But for the first time I am consciously celebrating and honoring Women' Day. I'm so pleased to be able to IDENTIFY with women and as a woman. I see my beautiful granddaughters in a way, and though their lives and eyes, that I could never have dreamed possible. I am nearly to the point of living vicariously through them as they grow; pleased to tears of the wonderful choices and opportunities they have before them; that they can be human beings restricted only by their own capabilities. I see them growing in strength, character, intelligence and beauty. All I can say to them and myself is "You go, girl.", I wish I was you.

I'm signing up for Pride Day events in June too. These are all firsts for this new girl. Another thing I never dreamed I would be an advocate part of. Now, there's no need to wear the mask. Changes.

It's exciting. It's a long awaited re-invention. It's increased awareness. It's a journey so see Life through the eyes of a woman, as a woman, with women. The things I am open to and learning from continue to amaze me. I give thanks for these changes; so glad they have happened upon me. Feeling like a woman and wanting to be a woman after a lifetime of being socialized as a male is a blessing to me, not a curse.
    You Go Girls.
    Last edited by IleneD; 03-08-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

My two faves are Love and Ntsoaki’s Victory!
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)

Quite ironic but I celebrated by doing art with 15 women