Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shopping Nonsense

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    The SA emphasized the word Sir, sounds like she was being a smart-ass

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post
    I never had problems shopping in women's dept. I went to many different shop and people there including staff .

Most women are friendly and some are chatting with me.

Rayleen
    This has also been my experience of 30 years of shopping.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    As a supermarket worker,albeit nightshift where my interactions with customers are rare,we are always reminded to be courteous and polite,and believe me on ocassion that can be a tough ask with some customers,Im sure you would be quick to complain,rightly I may add if you felt the assistant was rude or less than helpful

And on a personal note,I find the accusation that I've read here,that anyone working in retail is of lower intelligence,to be ignorant and condescending
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 03-10-2018 at 03:30 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Gee, a member of the general public that thinks it's inappropriate for a male to be shopping in the woman's section. What a surprise! Isn't the world completely accepting of those who don't fall into the two completely separate gender assignments?

Welcome to real life. There are still plenty of people out there who think we are sexual deviants, perverts, and would be just as happy if we were all dead, because they can't stand the idea that we even exist.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

ms.joann, a funny thing happened to me the other day in JC Penneys. I had somehow gotten up the nerve to actually walk in and was having a great time looking around when I ended up almost face to face with an SA in the aisle, not sure who was more surprised but she said "hello" and it freaked me out to the point that I couldn't respond! I'm not sure how it was meant and took it as a negative, headed to the nearest exit and wondered how I should have reacted. Once safely in the car I realized I should have simply smiled, replied with a "hello to you" and kept looking for a great outfit, hopefully in the clearance racks!

I have spent more time than I should have in WallyWld, in the women's clothing section along with the shoe and jewelry sections before heading to the self-checkout registers, positive everyone else in the entire store knows what I'm doing, only to realize they are almost 100% too busy doing their own thing to notice, except of course for the dreaded late teens who cruise like barracuda looking for easy targets such as us. As long as you don't wear any shiny objects and maintain a safe distance I think it's all good.

It has been my experience that the people "working" at Wal-Mart do not want to be there. As my mom used to say, they are only "making eight", or probably less in Wal Mart. So, the snarky comments are probably directed at everybody. They are taking it out on you/me/us. I have, on occasion, been given the evil eye by a SA in WM, but never spoken to. And I go in the women's section each time I go there. I always go through the self checkout, just make sure your item has a price tag on it, so you don't have to ask for help.

I enjoy someone saying Have a nice day no matter who it is and always give them the same.
    Angie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Seems the comments from the members that had a problem with it were from Connecticut.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-12-2018 at 09:53 PM.

Kay J

Only you can tell by the tone of her voice. I would of just smiled and said you have a great day also, thank you. If you think she was being rude just say thank you missy.That would be like calling a guy a boy .

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Seems the comments from the members that had a problem with it were from Connecticut.
    And?? I'm totally missing your point here.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

sounds like she was just being friendly Men do shop for women's cloths for lots of different reasons. So I'll assume the best. Now if she said sir and you were dressed fem that would've been different
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I don't understand why it's deemed polite to have to identify someone's gender and say it out loud. You could just as easily say have a nice day or have a nice day sir they have the exact same meaning to me. One is less insulting if you're wrong.

In the Midwest she would have been considered rude if she didn't address you proper.
    Places that I shop regularly the SA's greet me as Mr. G. Hi Mr. G how may I help you. Mr. G we have some new panties in. Etc.
    I shop somewhere new. I enter, find an available SA. I introduce myself first and last name. I explain that I am shopping for myself.
    If a passer by asks how I am doing. I say Just super duper (etc). I great that person And how might you be this fine day.
    If the person is nice enough to greet me, I am going to greet that person in an enthusiastic manner.

Simply: if dressed in drab expect sir! Presentation is the identifying factor! Just my $0.02! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Silver Member
    Before complaining to a manager about such a thing, please absolutely sure the person actually meant to be insulting. It can cost someone their job, and with being fired on their record may not be able to find another job (especially in depressed areas.)

I was in the womens lingerie department and another customer said "aren't you in the wrong department?" I was much younger then and basically ran away.

i would just say' thanks, how is your day going?' treat it as if nothing happened. if there was intent, then it has been defused and the sa is on the defense, if not, hey, i may have found a shopping ally.
    if i get mis gendered, either by mistake or on purpose, i reply, 'guy, gal, he. she. doesn't matter, i'm easy" that throws them off. i am either left alone as they dissippeer, or i get an apology and an offer to help as they try to make up for the gaff.
    i've got too much going on to worry about silly pronouns in a shopping setting.

have i been clocked, yes, have i been cautiously ignored, yes, have i been made to feel i passed and have been helped?, yes. (most of the time.)