Thread: It's sad that your nails are better than mine

It's sad that your nails are better than mine

That's what a GG said to me about my fingernails.

How did this happen?

I had a sleep study last night, and after the sleep tech wired me up, she said, "It's sad that your nails are better than mine. It's not like I'm ashamed of my crossdressing, but I don't always open up to anyone who makes a comment about my feminine presentation. So I said, "I keep meaning to cut them, but if I let them grow a little longer I might be able to paint them", with a little sarcasm on the "painting them" part.

I thought that would end the conversation, but somehow, she must have known there was more to it than me being too lazy to cut my nails. She responded, "What is your favorite color?" I thought of telling her the truth and saying, "Pink", but I told her, "Red". She said, "Red would look very good on you."

The next morning, I decided to show her my girl card that has my girl name and one of my favorite pictures of me, the one in my profile pic. When I showed it to her, she asked, "Is this the girl who does your nails?"

I said, "No. It's me!" She started looking at the pic more closely, and after seeing my red nails, she said, "I knew that you would look good with red nails." Then she asked me, "Did you do your own makeup?" I said , "No. sometimes I do my own, but this was professionally done." She said, the makeup was very nice."

Then she asked, "Is this card for me?" I said, "sure if you want to keep it." She said , "Yes, I do. I want to show my girlfriend the makeup."

We had a little more chit-chat, and then I left to go home to shower and get dressed for work.

Some people are just really nice if you are honest and take the opportunity to engage them.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 02-23-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just be open and honest and most people are OK with it.
    My dentist's partners knows all about me and we do hunt and do military re enacting as well together so there is an honest man card thing going on there.
    His assistant mentioned how long my hair was and asked if I was wearing mascara.
    I said yeah I was trying a new brand that was hypoallergenic and we got off talking about make up.
    The dentist came back to my chair and his assistant said we will finish our talk about make up when he gets done. He said did he tell you he dresses in drag too?
    Well you know after my appointment I ended up staying there for 2 more hours talking with the assistant and the billing ladies.
    By being open there are no surprises and it makes life a lot easier.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 02-23-2018 at 11:25 PM.

I often go with the flow about things like that.

There are little surprises in life all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The avvy pic isn't me
    My hands and feet are prolly my best features (but I think i'd gladly trade them for more hips and a better butt) and I get those kinds of statements fairly often.

But the times I hear it aren't usually that kind; I've heard it more in the context of, you shouldn't have such nice hands, feet and/or nails, like it's not allowed for men.

Thanx for sharing Steffi, that's a lovely story.

I get the same thing about my legs too. I do a lot of running and I keep my legs shaved at all times. It also helps I have the naturally light brown skin. When I wear running shorts I have some women friends of mine come up to me and say I'm so jealous of your legs. My reply is mostly a thanks and I try to keep in shape.
    Nikki

Quote Originally Posted by Sometimes Steffi View Post
    Some people are just really nice if you are honest and take the opportunity to engage them.
    Hi Steffi, I agree, the more people I tell, the more I find how accepting they are.
    For some, it does take a bit to get them to warm up to the idea, but most are very nice to me.
    I've found that I have some great friends.
    Stephanie

I get comments from my nail ladies all the time about my legs - apparently in the Vietnamese culture having white legs is good! Mine are very white and I keep them smooth and when I'm getting a pedi all the techs want to "do" me so they can look at and feel my legs - they all tell me that they wish their legs were so elegant!
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

My wife recently found a long false nail that had broken off on our back patio while she was out of town. Pretty obnoxious one too LOL. “I can see someone had some fun while I was gone” was her response.