Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Keystone Adventure!

One Keystone Adventure!

Sorry, Rogina but I drove up and back in drab!
    As the snow storm(Nor'easter) was a possible threat, I took the westerly route(US 29 to US 64 to I 81). I got to Carlisle, PA and there was no snow. I said to myself , if no snow here then there is none in Harrisburg and I was right!
    I got there and the room was not ready yet!(housekeeping!) I called my daughter to let her know I had arrived. I went back and room was still not ready! I sat in the lobby and observed! Finally the room was ready! OK, now there are no carts! I took everything to my room in armloads! I got everything in the room and changed clothes applied make up and wig(blond wig, navy blue pant and navy flowery top and black 2" heels!)(sorry no photo!)
    I sat in the lobby and saw no one I knew! Two girls sat down, introduced themselves and we chatted briefly.
    Then the bus arrived to carry us to Carrabas for supper! I listened to the chatter on the bus! We arrived and walked in to our tables! I wanted lasagna but they were out so I ordered Parmesan chicken. It was good! I talked to some of the girls including Sometimes Steffi! We finished eating and got back on the bus! One of the girls chewed my ear all the way to the hotel! I got some ice and poured some soda and took my meds and went to bed!
    End of page one!

Hugs Lana Mae
    PS: More to follow as I get it together!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I am back with day 2!
    I got up around 6:30 am and got ready for my day! I wore my white pants suit and flats! I had breakfast in my room!
    I went to a lecture on Native American Trans Spirituality given by a Native American! Mostly now trans individuals are held in disdain as Native Americans take on Euroamerican ways! Traditionally they were held in high regard as good luck! They controlled the wealth and counseled bride and groom before weddings! F to M were warriors! M to F were often medicine women! They took on female tasks and raised the orphan children! It was very interesting!
    Next was the wig workshop, where we discussed proper care and what to look for in a wig! It was run by Donna Miller who owns a wig shop!
    Lunchtime! Our guest speaker was Gavin Grimm! He related his struggles with his high school and the bathroom! He told a moving story about coming out and his mom! It had me in tears and brings tears when I even think about it! Needless to say , he is named after a turtle! I went up and hugged him and told him it brought me to tears and he said, "Me, too!"
    I went back to the room and the soda in the fridge was frozen!
    Next was a voice feminization workshop! My seldom used Lana Mae voice, I found was too high in pitch!
    I ate a small supper of chicken strips and french fries in the Dog and Pony Restaurant.
    Keystone Bingo was next! I played and won...nothing! I had a good time though!
    End of another day!
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So glad you had the Keystone experience and that you met some people from here.

Lana I read every word and kept waiting for something exciting to happen. I thought oh now she is at the bingo table I bet she wins the big prize but noooo. Enjoyed the native Indian story as I have some of that blood from my moms side of the family. So far the story is good but do tell us it has to get more exciting. Lol

Day 3- Friday
    I got up and got dressed. Today, the hippy look LOL ! Embroidered jeans, black peasant shirt and boots!
    Off to Build a Better Support Group! I have sort of decided to start a support group! This seminar was just what I needed! I learned so much! The sisters in PA are so far ahead of anything down here in NC!
    Next was Feminizing the Male Face Without Surgery! Amanda Richards did this one! (also note she sponsors Keystone Bingo!) I learned a thing or two during her demonstration!
    Lunchtime! The guest speaker was Mara Keisling! She spoke about politics and where we stand politically! We do have some congressional allies!
    Healthcare-Non-binary was next with discussion and question and answer on hormone therapy by an MD and Psychologist! Interesting to say the least! I finally got my question answered! Whether you can take hormones with high B/P or diabetes since they cause both! It is done on an individual basis but mostly is just a matter of medicine adjustment!
    Feminine Movement workshop next! Walking, sitting, and posing in a more feminine way! Interesting and a packed house on this one! Standing room only!
    Dinner time!!!
    Onto the bus and off to the Firehouse Restaurant! It is an old one stall firehouse converted over to a restaurant! It has the old tin ceiling in place! I had spaghetti with 3 very large meatballs! Very good! The discussion came around to breast augmentation! She is now a women and told us that the "gummi bear" method is the best and lasts the longest!
    Back and to bed!

Note: I wore skirts and tops for supper each night!
    Life is worth living!

Do you realize what is so great about your story? No torches and pitchforks! (Not that any were really expected.) So far the only bad thing is frozen soda.

Time flies when you're having fun, no? Hard to believe it's over and you're back. Good to hear you met other community members . Clearly, you soaked up as much information as you had the opportunity to . It will be interesting to hear how what you learned at Keystone will integrate with your next counselling session.

DLV next! .

- Lydianne.

Last day!
    I attended the prayer breakfast today! I missed it yesterday and I wanted to attend at least once!
    Off to Advocacy and Activism!
    Basically how to get us out in the public eye and get recognized as human beings! Pennsylvania seems very proactive but there are of course limitations and political and religious problems as well!
    I then went to Coming Out on the Job which was a panel discussion about , what else, coming out on the job! It was held by 4 tranwomen who related there stories and then opened it up for discussion! One of them is now a lawyer for transgender rights!
    I went back to the room to change into my black dress and leopard heels! I could not wear my leopard belt as it was too big! Aww I wore my new gray wig!
    Lunch-flank steak with guest speaker Carmen Carrera!
    Next was the Gala Ball with music by Wicked Jezebel!
    I left early as my shoes were killing me! I got someone to take the picture I posted and went back to the room! I stopped by the Dog and Pony for a cup of coffee!
    Loaded some of my stuff into the car.
    Off to bed!

Got up early put the last of my stuff in the car. The Dog and Pony was not open yet so I turned in my key and got a one night refund! I got in the car, stopped to get gas and drove home!

So ended my adventure!
    It was fun and I learned a lot! The first time I saw transgender children! F-M were wearing 3 piece suits! There was such a variety of persons there! There were old men who would not pass if they wore 10 pounds of makeup! There were some very beautiful ladies there! Every size and shape! Victorian clothes! I thought some skirts were a little short at about 6" above the knee and then a short blond with a denim skirt walked by and it barely covered her butt! I forgave all the others! LOL The girls are drinkers for sure! I don't/ can't as alcohol turns to sugar and I am diabetic! Besides I quit about thirty years ago! It was probably one of the greatest experiences of my life and I will cherish it!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Spammer
    Great stories Lana Mae thanks so much for sharing it all with us.

An interesting wrap up and report Lana, I await your next post.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Tracii-Thanks and you are welcome!
    Beverly-Thanks! Not sure about the next post yet!
    Thanks!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Banned Spammer
    I love to see people get out and have a good time at these events.

Tracii-Yes, it was great! Thanks!
    Jaylyn-It may not be really exciting in my telling but I had a great time!
    Laura-Waiting to get my room and the frozen soda were about it! Nope no pitchforks or torches there! Just very nice people!
    Lydianne-I had that counseling session today! It was interesting!
    Thanks all!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Gold Member
    Lana Mae;
    Thanks for the report, It was great reading about your adventure.
    I wish I could attend a seminar like you did, and go out dressed.
    I would be like some of those old people with lots of plaster. (LOL)
    Rader

Rader-I was not putting them down! They were out and doing just fine!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Platinum Member
    Hi Lana Mae , Thanks for your updates, It sounds like a very memorable experience,
    I wish that I could have made it, only 70 miles away, It may as well been a million miles away.>Orchid......

Good Nite, 04:30 comes mighty early!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like a very interesting trip and fun time.
    Angie

Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Lana Mae. Well done.

Bless you, Lana, for sharing your story. The story is always the best part; even better than photos. You told your tale quite well.
    It sounds as though you got something out of each day, and learned a little about yourself and your sense of community.
    Did you meet any friends or forum members? Who did you spend your time with? Were there services available, like make up make overs, a hair salon, a wig stylist, etc. on site? And were there vendors of "CD wear?, etc.
    Tell us all about it Lana. I, for one, am a bit jealous and love that you went can can tell me and the forum what the experience is all about.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Don't they party at Keystone? I remember the bar at nite being such a great place to socialize at the SCC's I attended in Atlanta!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Thanks for the descriptions of the sessions you attended - makes it tempting to attend some year

Orchid-It was great! I am so sorry you could not go!
    Angie-It was great!
    Aunt Kelly-I did and thanks!
    Ilene-Thanks and I learned a lot! As I said, I had my first meal there at Carraba's sitting across from Sometimes Steffi! I said hi to Lisa Smith and saw her a few times! I think I saw Heidi Stevens but did not speak to her! I basically floated around sort of independently! I spoke to everyone in the various workshops! There were opportunities to go to a nail salon and to go shopping as a Debutante Outing but you had to sign up for them and I did not! I had my nails done at home the day before! There were many vendors! Jewelry, wigs, make up, prosthetic devices both male and female, Elizabeth Taylor doing make overs, a youth group taking donations, and some art work! A lot of acceptance and friendship! Diversity ran rampant! LOL Did I say it was wonderful? And think about all the planning and coordination it took! This is a true blessing to anyone who is trans gender!
    Doc-Yes, they know how to party!
    Bridget-My transformation was great! My MAC counter was great after I digested it! Neither can hold a candle to Keystone! Just awesome! Come join us and have a blast!
    Thanks everyone for your comments!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Lana Mae, I'm so happy for you that you had a wonderful experience at Keystone. Nothing but good times, good friends, and good memories! Now you can look forward to next year with a lot less worry!

Tina-It is to be a little later in March next year! (I overheard a conversation!) Thanks for your comments! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

I really enjoyed your posts. I have to get to one of these events somewhere sometime. Perhaps the one in Michigan as I don't live too far from there.

Danni-They are so much fun! I recommend them to any who can get a chance to go! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!