Thread: over and over again!!!

over and over again!!!

Hi ladies,

It's been a while since I've posted on here but I just wanted to see if anyone can answer my question...

Why is it I seem to go through stages? I sometimes seem to go months without any urges to dress but then it comes back and lasts a few weeks/months then seems to fade again!

Just curious if anyone else feels this way or knows why it happens

X

Rosie, Yes, yes, yes, with not a clue as to why. I've tried blaming it on stresses in life, problems with other issues and phases of the moon. As life rolls on I am just accepting it as it comes, working to enjoy things when I can and bulling through the rest of it when I have to.

Looking forward to a good answer as well but betting there ain't one!

Hi!

I know I have no idea why and can't explain it but hopefully someone else will have a good explanation

I don't mind as such as I don't miss it when I'm not getting the urges but once it comes back I like to dress as much as I can which can be difficult as my partner isn't aware

I don’t think there is an answer. Happens all the time. My supportive wife even asks me why I haven’t dressed for some time. I don’t know. Then “Bam”, the pink fog rolls in and off I go. 👄💄👠👗🎒👙👚 regardless of weather, time of year, etc. We just accept it and don’t worry about it.

Hey Rosie.

For everyone it is different so no one can answer for you. For me. I have nktoce the desire to get my girly
    On is brought on by generally two things. Things to do. Say what? Theatre, art shows, events, ew years eve, birthday parties, girls night out etc etc. The second one, and this may have some roots for you. Doing allot of physical labor. Chopping wood, repairing the house, working on the car. I think it is my inner self balancing the ying and yang.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

Hi Natasha!

I'm not really able to notice any pattern but maybe i should pay more attention in future! Haha

I might be able to predict when it's going to come back that way!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Don't try to read too much into it because it happens to a lot of CDers.
    I doub't there is one factor or group of factors that cause this to happen.
    When you try to dig for answers on anything to do with CDing and why it happens you will just come away with no answer and only more questions.
    Dress if you want when it feels right and don't when you are just not into it is the best answer I can give.
    It doesn't mean anything if you don't have the desire to dress for a month or so.

The maior pattern for me is my wife. She keeps scheduling events for family and for us at the times I would usually dress or have dressing planned. She does not do this with my needs in mind and often does not ask ahead of time.There is also the problem that she is now retired, thus is home. This greatly reduces any time to dress. It used to be that I coud dress in the morning and stay dressed all day and sometimes into the evening. Not any more. Very frustrating

Banned Spammer
    That must really suck Alice

I get feel exactly the same it comes and goes. I havent been on here for months due to lack of interest in dressing generally. However past 2 weeks I have been on every day and been out shopping, which is rare for me.

I find the I often get the snowball affect, when the pink fog hits I think about dressing more which makes me want to dress more and so on.

Last time pink fog hit I was driving past a dress shop full of glamerous gown and once the mind wondered I got hooked.

I know. At least I know the answer for me. You might not care for it for yourself.

The reason is the same reason you can skip meals for a certain amount of time, but then just have to eat. Or how you can stay awake for a long time but then you have to sleep. You're human. More than that, you are a transgender human -- it's a part of you and will not be denied any more than food or sleep. You can suppress it for a while but you can't make it go away.

Here's a link to another post that gives a summary of studies that show that "transgender" is a legit thing: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...quot-questions -- it's long, I apologize, but the upshot is that you have a preference for behavior in the female gender role; acting within that gender role gives you happiness, and clothing is the single largest gender signal in our culture and so that's why you're probably drawn to crossdressing.

Many crossdressers on this site and this forum in particular feel they are NOT transgender, and if you feel that way then that's OK -- then the answer is that it's a total mystery why this behavior keeps coming back and nobody will ever understand it.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

One thing I have noticed is that the older I get the gap that I don't want to dress is shrinking. I hate the time I have to wear pants.

Karen Sue

Well count me in on this conundrum. If you ever find the answer please post it as soon as possible. Then move on to answering the question why a man would have a desire to crossdress in the first place. I pretty much have given up with the "why" questions and just accept that I am who I am and hold this desire. It does seem ebb and flow.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Platinum Member
    Hi Rosie , It is like the old saying,( "What Goes Around ~~~~~ Comes Around! " ) .>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

For me I get the “pink fog” more in the winter months. My life tends to be very busy without much me time from mid spring to mid fall. Although if I have a rainy summer day and have a few hours to myself I try to take advantage and enjoy being Olivia Lauren. Unfortunately those times are few and far between.

(((((hugs))))), Olivia

I hadn't really thought about it until now. As I thought about when the feeling has gone away, I found it usually had to do with a super stressful event. Once I have dealt with the stress, I get back into my normal routine.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

This is only my experience, YMMV. It seems that my subconscious would hold back the desire to crossdress until too many other stressful things were going on, and my mind simply couldn't deal with it all and 'hide' the crossdressing desire away, too, and then it came back stronger than ever. So stress seems to be a strong contributor when it comes to how much I want to crossdress. When life is all going good, I can go without crossdressing pretty easily.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Also, like most of the other ladies on here I have no idea and I'm currently going through my lull. When I joined back in December the urge was the strongest I'd had in a really long time, perhaps ever. It might've come about from troubles with my gf and coming out to 2 close girlfriends but I felt like I was going to burst! After about a month or so of that, it died down to where I wasn't thinking about it at all. Just the past few nights I've started to have dreams and I felt like getting online again. It might be coming back and it might not be but I know I'm getting more and more accepting of it and having fun with it!

Over the years I have often felt this way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Kay J

For me if I have a project going on and really enjoying myself I don't have time to think about dressing. If I have the time to think about dressing then the pink fog hits hard.I think it is all in our mind .

Banned Spammer
    The feelings you are having are quite common so not to worry.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cross dressing yes... I comes and goes