Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't quit

Well, you can quit, but it may always feel like you're wearing shoes which are two sizes too small; there will most likely always be the feeling in the back of your mind that what you're wearing just isn't quite right. I deal with this every day I go to work; man clothes simply don't feel 'right'.

As far as the causes of crossdressing stated by others here, the problem with that, is they assume that there is ONE, and ONLY ONE, cause. The belief that it's somehow genetic or caused before birth is the current favorite one because it relieves everyone of any responsibility for it, especially the crossdresser him/her self, and allows us to tell everyone else that we're just born this way. But that doesn't explain those of us who weren't crossdressers to start with. So they just ignore us and pretend that either we don't exist or that we were simply in denial all those years, repressing or suppressing the desire sometimes for decades. What needs to be done, is examine it all, and try to find out why each of us feels this way. There's no one, true answer that holds the same for everyone.
    I stopped crossdressing for about ten years. Then the desire came back stronger than ever. So it can be done, but how long you can keep it up will depend on the individual.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertacd View Post
    If you really want to quit and can't do it on your own, I would suggest therapy. Because maybe you are dressing for the wrong reasons.
    I didn't know there were right and wrong reasons to cross dress. What are they?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Sounds like a little bit of a hassle

I don't know what to say. I've come to embrace my dressing. I'm glad for who I am. All the people in my life know of my desire to dress. It's just normal for me to get up and dress any way I want. and not be ashamed. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

I know that my very strong urge to dress up, has a number of causes. i know that it is not allowed by the book my religion came from, and is a constant source of deep guilt, shame, and sin, fo rme. i also have been kept away from the opposite sex much of my life, and never really had any chance to marry. I am only attracted to certain types of women, and at my age 63), have little hope or chance of attracting the type of woman i am attracted to, and i am low income. Dressing fills unmet needs in my stark life. i repent, pray, abstain for a while, purge, then buy a bit more. i know i will have this struggle until i am dead.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I didn't know there were right and wrong reasons to cross dress. What are they?
    I think what Roberta is trying to say is a person may have some underlying issues which can caused a person to act out. How many times has someone on this forum indicated dressing provide relief from societal pressures? Why does someone seek comfort with drugs or alcohol? Or seeks a sexual adventure? Aren't these an escape mechanism? I believe research has shown there may be some DNA components which make some people prone to self medicate in certain ways, while others will not consider those.

Perhaps if someone has gone from feeling comfortable dressing once a month to having the urge to dress daily, there is some underlying issue which should be resolved. Maybe that underlying issue is affecting the person's life in other ways.

If you want a wrong reason to cross dress I could probably come up with one. But, I'll leave that to another thread if it crops up.