Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I to paranoid

Am I to paranoid

I wrote about my work vacation with my wife this morning, and now I would like to give you a situation and tell me if I'm to paranoid. We we're walking on the beach and I was wearing a slip under my swim shorts, we were at a part of the beach where there were big rocks and there was nobody around. My wife asked me to go beside the big rock and take off my shorts and she will take a picture of me wearing only the slip so I could have a Maria memory of the vacation and she would take more later when I was fully dressed on the balcony.
    I didn't react to excited because I don't trust I-Phones but I also felt bad because she made this great jester and I felt bad to refuse.
    When she seen I didn't jump she asked what was wrong and that she will delete the pictures ounces I put them with my other ones. I told her that I don't want any pictures on the phone, I'm a construction worker and don't totally understand how it all works. When I lose something on my phone, my sons favourite line is "delete doesn't always mean deleted"
    When I take Maria pictures I do it with a camera and download it to a old laptop that doesn't have internet connection.
    I kind of ruined the moment and felt bad about it but I didn't feel comfortable with it and she made a comment about not to be so paranoid.
    Im I to paranoid?

If you can't answer that one for yourself, meaning that if you don't understand the technology well enough to answer that for yourself, the answer is "no". You are not too paranoid.

Maria, you son is right.

Pictures can be uploaded to the cloud even before you delete them, so, if you want to keep it really secret, donĀ“t take them with any smart phone.

Believe, I was a software development engineer for phones for years!

Cheers,

Patricia

Imo if you’re worried about yourself or your wife accidentally posting the pictures or something, I understand. If you’re worried about someone “hacking” you, stealing your photos, and doing something nefarious with them... well why the heck would someone? Who are you? The Paparazzi certainly isn’t going to make any money off your photos. Do you have enemies that would seek to harm you? If someone is going to hack your phone, they’re going to be looking for bank records, social security numbers, things of VALUE. Even if they did steal your pictures, are you that narcissistic that you think the world is gonna care if you took a picture on a beach in a slip? Your wife obviously doesn’t care so honestly, what’s the worst that could happen?

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I can't get past the wearing of a slip under swim trunks. Why?

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    I don't think you are paranoid about tech items, they have a habit of biting back, your son is right , those files are lurking somewhere and you can guarantee the one that discovers them is the last person you wish to see them !

I'm just getting use to my smartphone , I haven't a clue what it's doing when it makes little bonging noises !! Somehow it's manged to combine my open Email account with one I prefer to keep private , did I ask it to do it ? NO I DIDN'T !!

If you don't feel comfortable, then go with your gut feeling. I'm not much of a picture taker but I guess I kinda feel the same way you do.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yeah a slip under shorts ??
    Maybe you should up your game in the technology dept too. Never too old to learn and you should never stop learning.
    Are you too paranoid ??? Kinda sounds like it but then I'm not scared of being "found out".

In case you are all wondering my wife loves the underdressing, she loves that she's the only one who knows what I'm wearing under. I wear swim trucks that are long and a half slip and when I lay down the lace of the slip will show and my wife likes those litter risk. To me it's always fun to wear something fem and it kind of makes it fun on vacation.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think thats great she is into it so not a problem.
    If some random person you don't know sees you it shouldn't be a big deal.

Platinum Member
    I do not think you're paranoid. If you are not comfortable taking pictures with a telephone camera, don't do it! I would agree that your safest bet is to use a camera that is for one purpose and cannot be uploaded to the cloud.

I don't think you're too paranoid, Maria.

As Stephanie says, pictures can be taken with a camera. Transferring them to safekeeping storage without an internet connection is a good idea.

Deleting files on a computer, phone, or what have you doesn't erase the data. It just marks the space as available for use unless data destruction software is used to actively erase the data. Erasing the data every time would be a serious negative effect on speed and longevity of the storage devices phones typically use.

I use an Android phone, it doesn't sync to the cloud (although I sometimes push important stuff to the cloud), and delete means delete - never an issue.
    My wife has the opposition, and we are always finding photos, that she has deleted (those 30 accidentals of the cat, even after deleting 29, she still has 30, same for those old photos that we have deleted 6 times over the past 5 years to free up memory - still got them, just don't know where they are)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think you might be paranoid. If neither of you is on social media posting pictures offten it’s unlikely a moments carelessness will expose something. As far as delete doesn’t mean deleted that is true but if you do delete it will likely take a hacker to get them back and why would anyone hack your photos. Unless you’ve got computer savvy enemies random hackers are looking for credit cards not black mail material.
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. Yes. It shouldn't matter, Maria!

No, you're not paranoid worrying about pics on your phone.

Yes. You're paranoid thinking anyone would care about your pics.

It shouldn't matter. Buy a good, inexpensive camera and take Maria pics without any paranoia!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I don't know iphones, but it depends. Where are the images stored, in the phone local storage or does apple automatically save in the cloud, i.e., on someone else storage. If on the cloud, then could be found. If local, then safest is to move to thumb drive and store elsewhere. Lack of physical access is the safest with computer and phone software. If not there, then can't find it. Delete in computer language is usually just changing the first items in the location. such as renaming beachshot1 to ??achshot1.
    If can name back, it can be found. If super paranoid, then after copy to thumb drive/usb drive, then 1) take picture after picture until phone won't allow any more pictures, then 2) delete the extra shots you just took.

But why, who is really going to get excited about a guy in a slip. Low risk. You could always deny in worst case, that's not me it's just another photoshop wizard. I don't know how the do that... and leave it.

enjoy life more, worry less.......
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Maria,
    I don't think you're too paranoid, but then again I always put tape over the lens on each new laptop! And no, I'm not kidding.

Janie Jane I hate to admit this, me to.

No You're not being paranoid.

I've been covering the lens on the lap top computer ever since we got one years ago.

My in-laws sent us a digital camera for the lap top to send pictures of the kids. I refused to accept it and sent it back. I didn't trust it not to take pictures of Linda when I didn't want it to.

One time I lost a few important files on my computer so I bought Data Rescue software.
    It found so many files that I deleted a long time ago.
    It even found temp files/photos etc.
    There were a few of photos of me!
    I keep my photos on an external 128 bit encrypted drive now.
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 03-11-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YvAYIJSSZY

And no, you're not too paranoid!
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

All I will say is I put a picture of me wearing a skirt but otherwise or es sending as a man on my Facebook page then as my cover photo on same. It was there for over Ayers before anyone knew I was wearing a skirt and only after I told them to really look at it. I don't think many poeple really pay attention to what your wearing very much any ways.

I've taken to keeping the phone in my pocket, and I can't tell you how many times the camera has been on when I take it from my pocket. Sometimes I hear the speed-drive camera sound of it taking a picture! And no matter how hard I look, I've been unable to find tin foil ANYWHERE to make a hat from. Will aluminum work as well?

Until you understand the implications of phone photos, remain paranoid.

Get a camera that takes photos, if you can talk into it, it 'aint a camera. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

No, you are not paranoid. For several reasons ( and maybe more)
    On computer/laptops/cell phones. When you do delete anything it usually go to the "deleted items" folder.
    So you have to empty/delete the deleted items folders too.
    Besides, if you lose your device just after deleting something it can be recovered. Delete means that the blocks of hard-disk ( memory card...) where it was stored are marked as free, but the content is not deleted. So and expert on IT can recuperate it.
    Even the famous "format" command in computers do something similar....content is not always formatted.

If this is not enough, some systems have automatic backups on the cloud, that you have to specifically delete besides your own device.
    So , your sons are absolutely right "delete doesn't always mean deleted"