Thread: Nice Conversations

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar

Nice Conversations

It’s funny how things go sometimes, I have a fairly long standing friendship, wouldn’t say ultra close but close enough, spurned from an unsuccessful attempt at asking her out on a date – she was already spoken for) with a girl at work and for the past week or so we have been chatting quite a lot using the instant messenger function the company as thoughtfully provided us with about outfits (she may have guessed I am trans given the conversations, she like me is an engineer and savvy enough to figure things out, but I haven’t told her directly) it has been utterly fantastic, dresses, shoes and all sorts.

We were discussing a number of dresses and bits and pieces that she wanted for a night out and her desire to wear a tux to a black tie do the other day and what shoes to go with it, things like that, it was fab. The great thing is that she thinks so too, her parting comment was “It's brilliant to be able to talk with you about clothes, shoes and engines” (she is a fellow petrol head and also a biker).

When I eventually come out fully I will be telling her ahead of the rest of the work crowd.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Sounds to me like a wonderful friendship in the making!
    I have noticed something inherently interesting about some gals, a theory perhaps.

I bet many will read this post and assume she's thinking that you are in fact a CD/TG person or maybe gay, but I think there are ladies out there who don't think beyond the fact, that a guy may just be able to be comfortable enough, to talk about things not normally considered manly or masculine.

Might be more likely that she just doesn't care and loves your company too, but I still think there's some connection....maybe something developed in her childhood experiences?

At any rate.........rock on!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    All girls love a man who will talk clothes etc. Especially if she seems to be the only one you do it with, kind of her little secret. They generally like gay men as well and may well think you're in that category. Effeminate men don't seem to pose the same risk as the usual alpha male type that continually hound women in a way more dictated by testosterone than a genuine desire to be friendly. I was on the phone the other day to a company and the woman I was speaking to mentioned her boyfriend complaining about her buying to many shoes (why we got to that I forget, part of the small talk while she got my records up on the screen). Anyway, I told her you could never have too many shoes and men are so anal about stuff like that. From her reaction you would have thought she had won the lottery, she got so excited. Within a minute she was telling me that she wished all men could be like me. Then she found the file and we had to do what was reqired! This colleage of yours sounds like she could be a real friend, but do not forget that she is 'spoken for'!

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar
    I guess she could just like the fact that we can converse about such things easily with no hang ups, but I don't think it will come as a shock to her when I tell her everything.

I think she knows that I am not gay (I may have just never met a man that I fancied, but then at 34 I think I'd know by now), though I don't have that butch aggressive streak, never have.

She does hate the perception of boys things and girls things, this I found out when we were chatting about a pair of trainers that I found that I liked, In royal purple colour, despite being marked as unisex on the box they stopped at a UK9 I contacted Vans and they said "even though they are unisex they are aimed at the female market, hopefully you can find another colour you like".

I won't be treading on any relationship toes, she has been with her (now fiance) for over a decade.

Only tell if there is a real need to do so....

While spoil a good relationship.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.