Thread: Feel great when I dress, depressed when I undress, and mad when I get interrupted

Feel great when I dress, depressed when I undress, and mad when I get interrupted

Just like many other CDers, I feel great when I dress up. I feel sexy, feminine, girly, etc. But I also feel happy, relaxed, and seem to have a lot less stress. I am simply more at peace with myself when I dress like a woman.
    When its time to undress, say if I'm going to work or going to meet friends, then I feel somewhat depressed and want to stay dressed up for as long as possible. Many's the time I was seriously contemplating calling into work so I could stay home. Never have done this because I have a very good reputation at work and don't want to ruin that. Also I know I need the money, not just for bills, but for buying all the women's stuff I do. As for friends, I could easily come up with an excuse to not go out with them, but I enjoy hanging out with them, and I do not wish for my crossdressing to interfere with my personal life. I can crossdress almost any time, I can't just see my friends whenever.
    As for unexpected interruptions, well since I have yet to come out of the closet and not sure if I ever will, I hate when that happens. I don't have kids, am not married, etc. But my sister lives a few blocks away. I can't count the times I have had to undress because she needed me to watch the kids or whatever. I get fuming mad when I have to take my feminine clothes off earlier than usual.
    Today I was wearing what is currently my favorite new dress. This is the absolute last one that's ever been made, and I had been wanting this dress for almost a year. I got it a few days ago and was going to wear it all day, possibly take it off while I ate something so as not to spill anything on it, and then put it back on. My sister called and asked me to watch my niece. Today she calls and asks me to ask my dad something. He's outside fishing, so I have to take it off and go outside to ask him.
    Times like this I kinda wish I lived on my own without anyone to bother me. Yes I care about family and all, but sometimes I just feel like I can't be left alone. This does not happen all the time, but happens frequently enough for it to be uber annoying.

You can't have the best of all worlds I guess. My wife has told me so many times that it's not seeing her husband in women's clothes that bothers her, it's everything else. It's that anger when my opportunity is lost, the moodness if I have to undress to early and the downess of when I have to undress. It's the mood swings she can't handle, I guess to many emotions.

In a lot of ways dressing can be like a drug. When you dress can stimulate the reward center of the brain, releasing a rush of dopamine etc etc. I’m NOT saying dressing is an addiction or pathalogical behavior, I’m saying it can have many similarities. Just remember that a behavior is considered problematic when it interferes with your daily life. If it comes to avoiding friends or calling off work so you can “indulge” then you need to re-evaluate.

As for your interruptions, what I see is you alowing yourself to be interrupted. You can tell your sister “not now, I have plans”. Or don’t answer at all. They made these awesome things in the 80s called “answering machines”. They’ll answer your phone and people can pass along info they need to convey. You have to MAKE tine for yourself. The world is always turning so don’t expect it to drop spare time in your lap.

I use to be able to get dressed every Saturday while the wife was at work.
    If a friend would want to get together on a Saturday it really bothered me, big time!
    Then last year my son moved home and sleeps late every Saturday and my other children have keys to my house and show up unexpectedly! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I know how you feel!

I love how I look dressed and I'm longing to dress again!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Like many here I aam relaxed and happy when dressed. Also a bit depressed when I have to take it all off. I only get angry when something happens to prevent my dressing when I had planned on it.This happens far too often and events and injuries have greatly affected my hnaces and dressing time for the past year and one half. I am a much moree unhappy as a result. I guess this is the curse for many of us

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    The title sounds like me, and I imagine also others here.
    Except I hardly ever get interrupted and it's super exciting to go out all dolled up.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Kay J

I do think we all love being dress that is what we do. When it is time to undress it is disappointing in a way. We do have something to look forward to the next time. I do know if lam dress all day at the end l had enough for a few days. Then the need is back again. I do know it is depressing when I can't dress when I want or when I am interrupted. You are not alone.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Micki makes a great point you can say no or not answer the phone.
    You could set guidelines with your sister and say look I'm not your baby sitter when you get the itch to go out.
    You could let me know a few days in advance that you need me to watch them.
    I went thru that with my first ex's family.
    The Mom called everyday just to argue while she was pilled up.
    The sons were always wanting me to bail them out of jail and never paying me back.
    It got to the point I said this is enough I am not doing this anymore.
    My wife was mad too because we had no life we were always taking care of their problems and didn't have time for ours.
    She stopped answering the phone I said no to bail outs and pretty much cut ties with them altogether.
    They got the message we weren't their security blanket anymore.

I know you will probably say but they are family but those are the people that tend to use you and expect you to just take the aggravation and BS.
    Sure you hate to do it because they are family but sometimes you have to because you have a life too.
    Don't argue with them when they get mad at your decision and start to raise hell just say those are the rules form now on.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-11-2018 at 09:45 AM.

I think you are like the rest of us who engage in this activity......

Just a normal day to day occurrence....

DAMN! The bloody doorbell again. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    Kay agree. I enjoy the time that I am dressed or shopping for dresses/heels and then rush home to try on my new collection. Then sadness kicks in when I have to go back to drab. I get upset when I have plans to dressed andthey get interrupted and I have to figure out the next time to dress. I had been taking business trips recently to San Francisco and could not wait for the next trip. Now, the trips have ended and so too my dressing excursions. I did get to wear my stilettos outside in public. What a thrill!

Silver Member
    Dressing aside, the much bigger issue is setting boundaries with your sister. You are not her maid/nanny. Barring an emergency, tell her she needs to plan ahead and make arrangements if she needs you to babysit the kids. And, to be honest, if she needs a sitter for trivial reasons (going out to a party or whatever) and she can't afford a sitter, she can't afford to go out.

Beverly, as I've become more comfortable with being Jamie, I am almost (importantly, ALMOST!), looking forward to a doorbell or knock at the door with no escape, kind of like pulling the bandaid off with one big pull! This would not be at home due to too many problems it would bring, but I've found so much enjoyment in watching a few youtube videos along these lines. One in particular was by Dana M, when a hotel fire alarm went off while she was dressed, something that happened to me years ago and I simply waited it out. If it happened today, I'd like to think I might just join the crowd or head to my car, something I will ponder on for a while.