There are a lot of changes we go through during our transitions and every journey is unique.

We deal with HRT, whatever surgeries we each decide to go through with, Doctor after Doctor, the Legal system for our names, etc., etc. The list goes on and on.

However, there's one thing that all of us should be aware of and not dismiss at all, no matter what our age is.

I don't recall this subject being discussed on the forum in much detail.

I know, it's not a very fun part of being a Woman. But, it IS a recomended part for our continued good health.

I had my very first Mammogram yesterday and it was an interesting new experience. Don't misread my last statement, I didn't say it was pleasant. I just said, "...it was an interesting new experience."

The place I went, the staff was the best I've had the pleasure to deal with so far. They used my fem name, even though it's not my legal name yet. They were very professional, kind, sweet, and warm. That part of the experience was great. Yes, even the dreaded Technician (The person that operates that most feared machine that SMOOSHES da boobies!)

Now, I'm not going to lie here. While most, if not all, of us love to have our boobies played with, squeezed, and fondled. The squeeze of that machine is not one I would add to my list of things I really want done with the Girls. However, it's nice to know that they are healthy and normal inside.

This is but one of three parts to keeping our Breasts healthy and in the know about our own bodies. We cant neglect our weekly self exams of the Ladies, as well as having our Doctors check them out occasionally.

Now, after I woke up this morning, I had an email from the company that performed my Mammogram telling me that my results were in and I could look them up through the portal they have for their patients.

I read the report and I'm happy to announce that the Girls are Normal.

As I read the report, I noticed something very interesting. The list of risk factors.

Of course I saw the usual list of risk factors I expected to see about me. However, I noticed one thing I didn't expect to see and that is the number one reason I'm sharing this here. The simple fact that I AM trans is listed as a risk factor.

I don't see it stated enough when it comes to Breast Cancer Awareness. Transition IS a risk factor.

As such, I personally would recommend that my Sisters make this a part of their annual routine as soon as they can. For that matter, I would recommend everyone do it, Male or Female. Because, YES, Men can get Breast Cancer too.

This journey I'm on has been a lot of fun, hard, and enlightening. It's not something I regret, nor would I change if I could. I have a very long way to go and I look forward to each new experience, good or bad, with wonder and excitement.

Emma