Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Debit card

Debit card

I went shopping today dressed and when I purchased some clothes I gave the sales lady my debit card.She looked at it and said she
    wanted some indentification.Is it possible to get a debit card with my female name on it? Have any of you ladies done this?

Most US banks won't issue a debit card that does not match the name on the account and they won't change the name on the account until your name has been changed on your social security card. You'd do better to use a credit card and just have the CC company issue one in each name.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Did you tell her you were a crossdresser and show her your drivers license?

Cash is still legal tender, and has an ID pic on each and every one!

You can get prepaid debit cards, but I would prefer to let her see my drivers licence just to see the look on her face she should be able to see the similarities, and as others have said there is always cash.

I changed my Diners/Mastercard from my full male name to the first initial of my male first name and the true last name. No problem! However, my credit union would not let me change the name on my debit card.

Janie: As much as we would like to believe that the mighty US Dollar paper money are legal tender for all transactions, it is not. Sellers can and have required credit card payments, and I think even a limited few US Government agencies only accept checks, personal or cashiers, or credit cards for certain payments.

Never heard of getting ID checked for using a debit card and based on what you are purchasing.

AllieSF
    I was speaking in the context of a retail transaction the OP was making. Government and things like utilities do not take cash (usually) but they are getting payments on established accounts, so checks and cards are the usual payments, and most of these take cards over the phone these days.

Probably easier to get a credit card with your female name on it. They usually don't ask for ID with a debit card, most places I use a debit card you just insert it or swipe it yourself. Unless it's a small shop where they have to swipe it. One of my TG friends said they were asked for ID to buy cigarettes, they think the clerk was just being rude and won't go there again. Do you think maybe she was just being curious in your case?
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Banned Read only
    Why does it matter? Besides if you had a debit card with your female name, what ID would you have shown? Your male ID? So now the cashier has to refuse your card because the name doesn't match your ID. How does that help?

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Having multiple IDs and CCs with different names on them sounds like more trouble than its worth.
    Not to mention kind of shady and bordering on illegal.
    Show your male ID and let her wonder. You are giving your proper legal ID so what can she say?

Won’t necessarily stop retailers from asking for ID. If a stolen card gets used at their store and the owner of the card contests the charges, the bank will take the money back from the retailer leaving them out the money and the merchandise. Checking IDs with credit cards is an extra layer of protection for the retailers. Some larger places don’t bother because they budget for those kinds of losses but smaller boutique type places will often still ask for ID.

And Jaymees, don’t know how old your friend trying to buy cigarettes is, but technically they are supposed to check ID for anyone who looks 35 or younger, and individual retailers my have stricter policies to protect themselves. Doubt it was “just being rude”

A friend of ours got a credit card using his female name. However, now if his "girl name" is searched using white pages, his guy name, wife's name, and town he lives in pops up along with his girl name. Not sure if there was a way to circumvent that from happening.

I added my femme self as an authorized user to an existing credit card account. If my femme self doesn't pay the bill, my drab self is on the hook.

I spent hours researching the legality of using a pseudonym on an existing account and finally came to the conclusion that since my male self is already the one who has the responsibility to pay it back, it doesn't matter to the card companies who the authorized users are. It really isn't any different from their perspective whether I authorize someone trustworthy or not, I still have to pay.

Some credit card companies require an ID number of the authorized person. Mine does not. If yours does, it would be fraudulent to make up an ID number.

This pertains only to credit cards. As far as I know, banks won't do it for debit cards.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I tried to do something like the OP is asking about. I have my female name legally registered as a 'business name' the same way a movie star might register their stage name. I can write and cash checks based on my female name. Then I set up a 'business bank account'. I was able to get checks that just show the female name. But when they issued me a credit card for that account, it had to have both my male and female names on the card. The good thing about that was that I could open a bar tab as 'Ceera', and that was a name on my card. But if they wanted ID, I still had no option but to offer my male name ID.

Quite honestly it doesn't matter, for the most part, if your apparent gender and the gender on the ID match. I pass pretty well, but I frequently present my male-name credit cards while en-femme, and when asked for my ID I just hand them the male driver's license, and comment, "I'll warn you, the picture doesn't look much like me, any more." Haven't yet met a single cashier who cared that my ID and ID photo say I am male, while they are seeing me as a female. All they care about is that you have the matching ID and can sign the same signature as is on the ID and the card. At worst, I just shrug and say, "I'm transgender."

The worst I ever had was when checking into a hotel. I handed over my male-name card, and when asked, I also gave the fellow my driver's license. He then started using male pronouns for me, despite my very female appearance and voice, until I explicitly asked him to refer to me as female. Once I pointed out that I was transgender, and that my ID hadn't yet been reassigned to match my current gender, he consistently addressed me as a woman after that.

I had mine changed to the first initial (of my male name) and last name
    Jill

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    There is really no reason to carry a debit card except for extracting cash from an ATM. Make your life simpler and get a go to credit card account that
    offers cash back for all purchases. Attach as many monthly bills to it for automatic payment that you can and pay it off every month.

Every year I get a free mortgage payment and I've never paid a penny in credit card interest.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Reality Check
    Credit card with cash back makes the most sense. I really can't see the point in a debit card. With my credit card I can buy something and not pay for it for up to 30 days. And, I get cash back for doing so.

And as somebody mentioned, you can easily add your female self as a user jus like you can add a wife or child.
    Krisi

Yeh..... pretty sure your appearance didn't align with the name MIKE or MICHAEL on the card. That gets the SA's attention, doesn't it ?
    It shouldn't. And I'm a little concerned that a retail SA would ask such a thing if it was not necessary. If they do that for all card customers, then OK. But in these times when most retail transactions are via some sort of plastic card, I've not been asked for my ID very often. I think the clerk was pulling your chain, unfortunately.

As for getting a card with a GG name on it? Yes, it's possible. Just call your bank. You may not need to go through the legal name change quite yet.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    That gets the SA's attention, doesn't it ?
    It shouldn't. And I'm a little concerned that a retail SA would ask such a thing if it was not necessary.
    But from the OP, you don't know if it was necessary or not. If the debit card was not signed on the back, there's a general requirement to ask for a photo ID. We don't know if that was the case. If the SA has a reason to think that the card might not belong to the person presenting it, there's a general custom to ask for a photo ID. But again, we don't know if that was the case and it's incorrect to assign motivations to the SA in the absence of facts.

The questions asked were: "Is it possible to get a debit card with my female name on it? Have any of you ladies done this?"
    Last edited by Pat; 03-15-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Silver Member
    Use your 'card' at an ATM. Get cash and pay with it. No ID necessary. No problems.

A few weeks ago I went to the grocery score dressed, I was buying beer and was asked for my ID. I pulled it out of my purse she glanced at it and gave me my total and said have a nice night come and see us again.

I use my debit card without a problem no matter how I dress

I use pieces of paper with Benjamin Franklin's picture on them.

No one has asked me for more than my zip code using this method.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    I only have credit cards and I've never had a problem with the second name on the account. Except they spelled it wrong the first time LOL. But the only extent to which they cared was that I would be responsible for the payments this other people make. No problem with that. Even the same number on the credit card so it is indistinguishable on the account which one was used. I think that's good because if I ever needed to I could show the second card with the exact same number and have the ID to back it up. Has never come to that.