Thread: Walking in high heels

Walking in high heels

I decided for the first time to show off just a little bit by going for a short walk in my neighborhood, just up and down the street. I was wearing high heels, and I noticed my strides were a bit shorter, and my legs got tired faster. I notice this does not happen when I wear sneakers, and I walk at a fairly brisk pace. My guess is that high heels were not meant for going for walks, but more for slow walking, like if I was to walk slowly around the mall and look at stuff inside the stores. Are high heels not the best shoes to wear for exercise walks? I do not think sneakers would go well with anything I was wearing. Suggestions?

Rainbow,
    Perhaps not the best for exercise walks, but they work wonders for doing your carpet vacuum sweeping. Dance with the vacuum machine in heels.
    And please don't try to run in heels. Small natural steps. Just put them on and go.
    Good luck.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    No I don't think heels are great for an exercise shoe.

Are you seriously asking if you should be wearing heels to exercise? This should be obvious. Do you wear loafers to play basketball.

How about some High Heeled Sneakers?

http://www.google.com/search?q=high+...79.Dy6xoxHEc0s
    Honoring the woman within

I am going to run a 5 k in a few weeks and no I wouldn't attempt it in high heels. Lol I don't think they are for exercise walks.let me give you a bit of advise though that I have found by running and getting the legs in shape. The more in shape your calves and thighs the easier it is to wear high heels for longer periods of time and walk or dance longer also. Many benefits to practicing and getting the legs ready for heels.

It isn't the same as walking outside, but I have walked with high heels on a treadmill. Your stride is definitely shorter.

Think about going barefooted, walking on your tippy toes. You won't have a long stride when doing that. It really isn't the heels on the shoes as much as it is the fact that your calves aren't elongated as much as normal. You are using muscles that aren't used to being used.

I have gradually been able to increase my distance and speed on the treadmill. I can comfortably walk about half an hour at about 2 1/2 miles per hour when wearing my most comfortable heels. My problem is that the skin under the straps starts to form blisters; otherwise I would be able to go longer. It has more to do with developing strength in the legs and feet than anything else.

On my blog is an article about how I increased my strength, if you are interested. https://crossdresserreport.com/learn...eels-strength/

I recently saw a story of a woman who trained to run a marathon in her high heels. With enough strength and an excellent pair of well-fitting shoes, it can be done.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Like any physical skill, walking in high heels has to be practiced. Yes, your stride shortens and you recruit the muscles in your legs differently. That said, it's totally possible to walk at a brisk pace in high heels (or run in them, but I've never mastered that.) You can make up for some of the lost stride length by unlocking your lower back and allowing your hips to swing such that each side advances and retreats in unison with your legs and it actually gives you a pretty good lower-ab workout.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

I've gone on brisk half-mile walks with my dog, wearing 3" or so heels or wedge shoes. Works OK with some, and is torture with others. Use shorter steps, definitely! Use shoes that you know you can comfortably walk for longer distances in at a slower pace, like ambling about a mall, and you'll probably be OK. Avoid stiletto/spike heels for outdoor walks.

Rainbow you don't say!!! you could buy some silicone inserts and practice, but at the end of the day GG's don't go out exercising in their heels. Why not buy yourself a pair of really pretty flats? more comfortable and more realistic for purpose.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Rainbow, I just shared this:

https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...els&highlight=

I bring ballet flats, preferably Mary Janes, when I go out dressed in heels, which is 100% of the time.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

I think you have worked the problem out for yourself, that is why there are different styles of footwear.
    High heels are to make you look elegant when going out dressed up.
    Not in shorts to the supermarket.

That's what flats are for.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Rainbow,
    If they fit well you should be able to wear them for several hours , but yes they do tire the legs and feet , you only have to watch most women gratefully slip off their heels when they think no one will notice. I photographed weddings for thirty years and was never surprised to see several pairs of heels discarded under the tables during the reception meal . Also many will go onto the dance floor barefooted . I can wear them for some hours and dance in them but my arthritis will give me a good talking to the next day .

You don't see many women hiking or walking long distances in heels and when you do most women look and say how stupid is that ! They know the discomfort heels can give in the wrong situation , that's nothing to do with gender , just common sense .

Rainbow... heels are for just walking and being yourself. If you are looking for that brisk walk type exercise, maybe those sneakers are better for that. Of course, the opposite is that you may not want to wear a pair of Keds with that black lace dress, so put on your heels and learn to take slightly smaller steps and don't "stomp" your heels or you'll sound like a horse click clacking down the block....

Perhaps you could wear something like this.sneaker.jpg
    At some point your life will flash before your eyes......MAKE SURE IT'S WORTH WATCHING !!

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I wouldn't try walking any great distance in heels, they are far too much strain on my old legs, and certainly not wear them for any exercises. There are loads of nice styles in boots or flats as alternatives
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowDash View Post
    I decided for the first time to show off just a little bit by going for a short walk in my neighborhood, just up and down the street. I was wearing high heels, and I noticed my strides were a bit shorter, and my legs got tired faster. I notice this does not happen when I wear sneakers, and I walk at a fairly brisk pace. My guess is that high heels were not meant for going for walks, but more for slow walking, like if I was to walk slowly around the mall and look at stuff inside the stores. Are high heels not the best shoes to wear for exercise walks? I do not think sneakers would go well with anything I was wearing. Suggestions?

High heels were not meant for walking or standing in. In fact people that work in standing and walking positions like waitresses rarely wear them. They are more for style. Wearing them you are forced to change the way you walk untill you get more confertable in them. It takes a little practice I have found out to take the longer strides.

High heels will make your legs hurt but they do great things for your butt!
    “Hatred only breeds more hatred.” -The Invid Regis

“We are star stuff. We are the universe made manifest... trying to figure itself out”. - Delenn

When I do corporate client visits with my female colleagues they pretty much always wear flat shoes and do a last minute change into high heels when we arrive at the office. I've learned from them (and as you have discovered) heels are not made for walking at a good pace and take it out on your legs. They may not be the most practical of footwear but damn they look great
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Banned Read only
    I do my domestic chores in three inch heels. They are comfortable. Heels are not conducive to walking long distances, especially on concrete sidewalks. Terrible for leg/ligament strain. Destroys the shoe. Also, the heels with a narrow spike tend to be noisy. Great if you want to turn heads. Not so great if you want to avoid inquiring eyes. For leisurely strolls I wear a wedge with a one inch lift in the heel with the sole made of rubberized material which deadens sound.

If you want to walk long distances en femme I would recommend buying a pair of women's athletic shoes and put bright laces in them. Many women who commute on public transportation or walk long distances to the office carry their heels in a tote and wear athletic shoes. Do the same. Get a clear plastic tote and carry the heels in it as if you were coming home from the office. Wear socks that are concealed within the shoe.