Thread: The pros and cons of being sick

The pros and cons of being sick

Hello all,

So I am sick. I got home from work yesterday and slept 14 hours. Called out today even though I am feeling better, but I can't let this sickness drag on. Being home sick is one of those things where you want to dress but feeling so blah, dressing doesn't really appeal either. So today I threw on some panties and a bra, but I just don't have the energy or will to do anything more. The wife thinks I just have another man-cold and is more annoyed that she got most of the chores last night. But yeah. So what about you ladies? When you are home sick, do any of you ever try to dress fully, or do you just do the basics or nothing at all?

Reality Check
    If I am sick, I don't usually feel like dressing.
    Krisi

Kendalli. First. Feel better soon. So boring to be sick.

No. When I’m sick. I just want lounge around and do nothing. That includes not getting out of my robe. Underdresseing is a tricky question. When one only wearswhat are considered women’s panties. Does that mean they underdress? Or is it they just have the unders on? When I get the urge to dress up or have a personal fashion show it’s time to go back to work.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I might do panties... anything more I'm just not interested.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm on day 6 of a common cold so I can relate and I would love to sleep 14 hours LOL.
    All I have are panties so I have no choice but to wear them no matter how I feel.

The other day I has a quick bug, maybe something I ate. The next morning I got ready for work, and had a light breakfast and the stomach started rolling again. Being a tough macho I guy I called into work and told them I was not coming in. I stripped out of my work clothes, and lounged around in panties, a silk robe and heels. I do agree, the interest really was not there, but I knew I would have regretted it if I had not giving in to some degree.

I always feel better when I am completely dressed as a woman.
    Hugs, Carole

I think most GGs wouldn't take the effort to get dolled up when sick. It isn't surprising that most here feel the same way.

I hope you get well soon!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

No... Being sick is just a chore you have to deal with.

getting better and then getting on with life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Nice timing for this thread.

I am on the tail end of a 3 week bout of bronchitis. I'm now getting back to wearing a bra, but the last couple of weeks was the longest continuous stretch of time without wearing a bra in decades. I consider myself more of a fetishist than transgendered, so I attributed the lack of interest in CDing to be my fatigue and lack of interest in much of anything besides sleeping and coughing my lungs out. I was actually wondering if someone on the transgender spectrum would have the same reaction to being sick that I had. I wonder if this might be a consistent difference between a hobbyist and someone with legitimate gender dysphoria.

Any thoughts?

Sick or not, I always feel better in girl clothes. If it's only panties and a bra under a robe, or just pj's under the warm covers, so be it. All adds up to the same thing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I just got over a double whammy of prostate surgery (ugh) and Type A influenza on top of it! I got sick the day I got released from the hospital. Wonderful timing, wasn't it?
    All I wanted to do was sleep, so I stayed mostly in bed for days on end - in nightie and panties of course.
    Even if I'd been free to do more, I wasn't feeling like it.

When I'm sick, all I want to do is go to bed and get over it.

SaraLin

When I am sick I am sick and stay under the covers. I sleep in the raw. If I have to move about I have a heavy white woven Bathrobe and white fuzzy slippers.
    The other side of the coin is I am rarely sick. Maybe sore from after working but rarely sick.
    Leslie Mary Shy
    Remember this:
    You do not have to be a man to love a woman, or be a woman to love women's clothes on her or yourself.

Full bore dressing is out of the question when sick. I have a lovely white satin ruffle nightgown. Its my designated sick outfit. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

hello,
    get well soon Kendalli.
    I find that dressing is a sign that I am getting better!
    luv J

I don't think there are any pros to being sick. My usual bed-time attire is a long nightgown, sports bra with sleep-safe d-cup forms, a cheap e-bay wig, and panties. When I'm sick I don't change into a dress, but sometimes I throw on a caftan over my nightgown and wear it as a lounger. (I do this a lot anyway.) I try to sleep a lot to help with a quick recovery.

When i was a kid and I stayed home from school sick I always wore panties and a bra. It was a chance to dress. I remember seeing a skirt hanging from the ironing board and knew I had to try it on.

Tracy