Thread: My first outing in public as Tiffany

My first outing in public as Tiffany

Hello all,

I just got back from an overnight stay and makeover session with Phoebe Cross just south of Atlanta. This was my second trip and first overnight. Phoebe is wonderful. She has been doing mtf makeovers for years , is a lot of fun to talk to and has a TON of wigs, clothes, shoes, accessories...

I am not from Atlanta, so I stopped on the way to get a manicure and my nails painted. I have never done that and wanted to so I looked good for my first time out. I walked in to a place, dressed as a man, and asked if they took walk inside. The lady said yes and asked what I wanted. I said a manicure and polish. She told me to pick out a color. And when I chose a hot pink, she started up. She held it up, waived it around and said something in Korean or whatever she was. Of course the place was packed and everybody stopped and turned around. I was determined not to run out embarrassed. I sat down and she did it. She made several other comments to the girls next to her who giggled. Whatever...I got my nails painted hot pink. Not a great experience at all when I am still very shy. The worst part was having to sit there during all that and I couldn't just walk away because of a look or a comment. If I had walked out, I may not have had the nerve to try again.

I headed down the road to Phoebe.

Phoebe did my makeover yesterday, then we picked me out an outfit. I thought I looked adorable. I was wearing a little gray sweater dress with light gray hose and some very cute black shoes(3"). I used a little past shoulder length straight wig with long bangs and we pinned it back with a cute barret.i had found a padded push up bra at Victoria's Secret that gives me enough upstairs so I didn't even use anything else there. I felt comfortable, sexy, and was ready to go out for the first time.

We went to a little Italian restaurant. The wait staff was very nice. I couldn't eat much because I was so nervous. We were there about an hour. We just talked. I tried to concentrate on Phoebe and not worry it care what anyone else was doing.

I felt sexy and free when I was making the walk across the parking lot to get the car. I did it!! I went out. Very proud of myself.

Phoebe is awesome. I am going back in a few weeks to go shopping. Anyone have any ideas for crossdresser friendly stores in the Atlanta area? Look out, Tiffany needs clothes! 👸👗👠💄

Had to share,
    Tiffany

Thanks for sharing. I live in Atlanta and have thought about the Phoebe. Sorry to hear about the nail salon experience that sounds so rude. Glad to hear the evening went well.

Hugs,

Another Tiffany

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So they do the make over and take you out to dinner?

Aspiring Member
    I hope you didn't tip the nail lady. She didn't deserve it.

Silver Member
    That was crappy treatment you got at the nail salon. No one should be calling attention to your color choices, especially in a language they think you dont understand. The nail salon I go to is all Vietnamese, and if they think there's anything humorous about me, at least they are discreet about it. You deserve better and there are better places for you to take your money.

I'm glad the rest of your outing went better.

Not exactly. For the overnight, you have Phoebe for 3 hours, basically. Normally, you get a makeover, and then go through Phoebe's HUGE collection of wigs, clothes, etc. And she will take pics for you for the time. I chose to go out to eat with most of my time. We did get pics of my dinner outfit. I am new to this and she has been great. Tons of advice, gave me a little makeup to take home...she is an older lady and very sweet. I like hanging out with her. She is worth seeing and very reasonable. She has a website...Phoebe Cross

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Ok I was just curious because I have never had a pro makeover.
    Sounds like a nice lady and a great person to hang out with.

I am glad you persisted. It takes a lot of guts to go out the first time. Congratulations!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

The first time is always the hardest, it just gets easier after that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    It sounds like it was a blast!
    And it just becomes easier to do.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

There are two groups of people in my life who must speak good English. My doctor and my nail tech. I won't be talked about to my face and not be able to understand what's being said.

quiet girl in lingerie Jennifer Soames's Avatar
    So sad to hear about your experience at the nail salon but so glad you came through it.

I went out for the first time at the Mardi Gras in Sydney two weekends ago. It was great. I also had my nails done at a store and they were also not thrilled but kept their mouths closed. Mardi Gras is so big, 200,000 to 300,000 people and all very friendly. We went to dinner and the restaurant owner could not stop smiling at me and was soooo nice. I had a full makeover and felt so good. I have a long time GG friend to thank and a few other people as well. The ladies at the wig store were so great and so was my dress maker.

Jenny

Jen

Tiffany, Sounds like a great day despite the nail techs comment. Pictures?
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I do need to get some pics posted. I need to shrink them down. I’ll work on that later.

Reality Check
    I have always felt it was rude for people you are dealing with to speak to each other in another language. The nail salon I go to is like that but my wife likes it and I go with her. They talk to each other in Vietnamese and I have no idea what they are saying. Some know no more English than "You want cut short?". It's so bad I sometimes have to ask my wife what they said. If it were up to me, I would go to an English speaking salon.

But, they do a good job and I'm more comfortable with my wife being there so I keep going.
    Krisi

I agree, it's rude to speak in a foreign language in front of someone who doesn't understand it. But it's a hard habit to break. Imagine you were in a restaurant in Paris with your wife, and the waiter comes to the table. Would you speak to your wife in English or in French? (Assuming you both knew French.) Your first thought would probably be, "Why should I go to the trouble to speak French when we both understand English?" It is rude, but everybody does it.

Congratulations Tiffany. Keep going out. Eventually it will become second-nature.
    Last edited by CynthiaD; 03-17-2018 at 11:06 AM.

congratz, first time is the hardest and the girls at the salon didnt seam to make it easy for you.

you should find plenty to do in the atlanta area, have fun out there....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that