Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes I think we are all crazy

Forget cattle ticks and ticks in a clock.

I am sure we have been bitten by the looney tick somewhere in our lives. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by DIANEF View Post
    Crazy? no. Quit, ever?, no. Others may think I am crazy, but then again I just don't get people who climb mountains without ropes, or do selfies on top of tall buildings, or other equally dangerous activities. Crazy, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    With all the world around us so dysfunctional and being 180 degrees out of whack I am hardly the crazy one.
    I'm not the one screaming in the streets making a fool of myself by dressing as a female body part and demanding others to take me seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Oh, I'm definitely crazy. No doubt about that. But crossdressing is probably the most uncrazy thing I've ever done. Spending years pretending to be male was crazy. Wearing female clothing is totally sane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberta Lynn View Post
    Sometime a little crazy is a good thing

Still Crazy After All these Years: Paul Simon

I love it!! This thread is great therapy.

I think it depends what you mean by 'crazy'. Crazy can be more of a throw-away remark in a different context. If you take it to mean insane, then like others, I disagree.

But you also call it a 'bit daft' and I tend to agree with this.

You're right, the stress, anxiety, costs and lying that some of us put ourselves and others through is a little nonsensical - but we're not mentally insane.

And it's so much fun!
    Last edited by Sarah Louise; 03-16-2018 at 04:55 AM.

The avvy pic isn't me
    After talking to the committee in my head we've decided the answer is no......

Crazy is what I was when I tried to stuff myself in a deep dark hole somewhere inside. It never really worked, as most of you know from experience.
    Once I accepted my gender gift I got much saner.

Didn't we?
    Yes we did.
    No we didn't!
    Yes we did!
    Who asked you?
    They did.
    Who's they?
    You shut up, I didn't ask for your opinion!
    Don't talk to me that way!
    Talk to who that way?

Ummm, er..........excuse me, the committee is rioting. Too much coffee maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayleen View Post
    We might be crazy , most SO wonder why we need bras...with no breast.
    Well, MOST of us don't have female type breasts. but enough of the male population does so that they came up with the term gynecomastia. I'm one of those guys. It's mixed emotions; as a man, I'm embarrassed to take my shirt off. As a crossdresser, my bras fit.

Most women hates wearing high heels,sore feet.
    Love-hate there too; though they hate how they feel, they LOVE how they look.

We're not exactly crazy, though 100 years ago, that would have been the concensus of opinion. I feel like I'm supposed to be a girl, so I feel normal in female clothing. The WHY I feel that way, well, there's a bunch of reasons possible, and each of us has their own.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

"But we're never gonna survive, unless
    We get a little... crazy
    No we're never gonna survive, unless
    We are a little... crazy"

-Seal 1991
    Last edited by JanetW; 03-17-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Crazy? No, no thanks, that label's not for me - any more.

I now prefer to think of myself as something of a misfit. I'm 'irregular' in that I don't fit into the standard definition of things. But then again - who really does? I remember seeing a saying that went:

Remember - you're unique - just like everyone else

How true.

As for crazy - I still remember seeing a report from one of my counselors that read in part "... is a pleasant, well adjust individual who has..." It warmed my heart greatly so see that phrase used by a professional to describe me. the fact that he coupled it with diagnosing me as having (using the terms of the day) transsexualism, was a major bonus.

Banned Read only
    TraciG, you say you aren't crazy; then why do you wear a bra when you have no natural boobs to put in it? Why wear heels when flat sole male shoes are more comfortable? Loose male clothes such as boxer shorts are more comfortable than bikinis or thongs that don't have the extra room for your man stuff. Why embarrass your self when you don't pass or be gaulked at? Most people would think you are crazy to CD. Is wearing clothes of the opposite gender that aren't made to fit your male body and dressing as and presenting yourself as a woman which you are not a form of mental illness?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki A. View Post
    I agree with a lot of what you all say. It makes we laugh sometimes, women can't wait to get home and take off their bras. hose and dresses. We can't wait to get home and put them on LOL.
    Transvestite - I can't wait to get home, and get into that new corset and the six inch stilettos.
    transgender - I can't wait to get home, get into a pair of flats, and those new slacks and get out for some wine
    transsexual - I can't wait to get hom, and get out of this d*** skirt, and what was I thinking these heels are killing me.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

No, I'm not crazy anymore - a few years ago when I was in massive denial oh **** yes, longer ago than that when I fractured my identity so that I could survive the mental and physical abuse of being a feminine boy in a blue collar/skilled trades/uniformed services family - absolutely self loathing, self hatred, and a willingness to take risks that made normal people shudder - BSF crazy.

but no, not any more, and really really happy.
    Put the rock down, you live in a greenhouse.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    You don't have to be crazy to do this,but it helps 😁
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

I love all the responses to this thread.

I have two modes to my dressing. In one mode I have my "office skirt" that I swap out of my man pants and wear in my home office. This is totally about comfort and makes sense. No anatomical reason men can't wear skirts so this can be considered sane. But my other mode is full outfit with bra, fake breasts, and heels and at times it does seem crazy to go to such lengths. Why can't I be content with the something simpler? It is obviously something more than just comfort.

Even if it is crazy I don't mind. People already say I am crazy for running a 100 mile ultramarathon

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Everyone's crazy. I have yet to meet anyone who agrees with me about everything so they must all be crazy because I can't be, right?
    Now, think of all the people you know and I bet the ones you think are the least crazy are also the most boring and predictable ones just plodding through life. What's the point in that? Everyone needs a bit of crazy in them.

Sounds like the confessions of a serious golf addict. Huge amount of money spent on clothes and equipment then comes the eye-watering membership fee at the golf club, then the frequent visits to meet minimum dining requirements and several times a week you have to dress up and spend more than half a day chasing a small white ball around a big area area of greensward.

Being a cross dresser is a cakewalk in comparison.
    Last edited by CONSUELO; 03-16-2018 at 10:32 AM. Reason: missing text

The avvy pic isn't me
    Let's also keep in mind peeps that 'normal' is a setting on a washing machine.
    --------
    Deebra- not quite sure what to make of your post.
    Read top to bottom, it sounds odd to me.
    Was that some good natured sarcasm that I missed, or are you at the beginning of your journey and still struggling to accept yourself?
    Cass

"Sometimes I think we are all crazy" ---- Only sometimes?
    luv J

I found that accepting myself as I am had an overall positive effect on my mental and emotional well-being.

As the song goes: "We're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy."

Banned Read only
    Cassandra I thought my thread 34 was pretty clear, sorry you don't understand. IOW why do we wear female clothes and want to be women. It comes with a lot of problems. Would I change sexes and see what it's like to be a woman, I think yes. Would I wear female clothes if it was the norm, yes. Are we a little crazy? Why as males are we drawn to be women??????

Deebra, there are a lot of questions that you ask, that only each person individually can answer. As for me I do wear women's clothes but I don't want to be a woman per se. However if I woke up and was a woman I think I would be able to adapt easily. If wearing skirts and dresses became the norm then we wouldn't be cross dressing anymore.
    We may not be society's version of normal, but maybe we are and society is crazy. I love the replies and I don't mean crazy in a bad way, just like some people are crazy about their passions or hobbies.

krazy is as krazy does....

Remember how I found you there
    Alone in your electric chair
    I told you dirty jokes until you smiled
    You were lonely for a man
    I said take me as I am
    'Cause you might enjoy some madness for a while....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Speak for yourself! I'm just your average CD------------
    Yeah. You get more average-looking every day.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Crazy is such a judgmental word. I prefer "Liberated".

Crazy suggests someone out of touch with reality. I fully embrace the reality that is defined by my acceptance of a gender identity and expression that would challenge others forcing them to hide and be miserable. Being miserable over something that can be addressed without damage, without harm to oneself or others, now that's crazy.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Aspiring Member
    Normal is just a state of mind. Personally, I don't want to go there.
    I prefer to regard myself as an eccentric, free-spirit, a nonconformist. Since I can express myself logically, get advanced degrees, maintain a professional position for over a quarter century, and be a productive member of my community, I really don't think I'm crazy. I'm just not normal.

My girl side, (If that's what it is) wants to cry. I haven't been able to dress in two years and I want to so bad.
    Maybe fishing would be more fun?
    Last edited by Judy-Somthing; 03-17-2018 at 07:22 AM.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Aspiring Member
    Some insight from contemporary philosophers:

A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men.
    ~Ronald Dahl, Willie Wonka

It's so nice to be insane. No one asks you to explain.
    ~Helen Reddy, Angie Baby
    Last edited by abby054; 03-17-2018 at 12:48 AM.

Platinum Member
    I do not consider myself crazy. I will agree life would have been a lot simpler if I was not a man who needs to emulate a woman on occasion. The question really comes down to "Why would anyone choose to go through all the negativity and stress?" It's not a choice. There may be some elements to an individual's cross dressing that does not make sense or should cause concern.