Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: After Your Gone

Now that I think about it, I decided that I would like to be buried in my favorite dress, heels, and wig, after an open casket funeral.

The more important question is, will I ever come out of the closet while I'm still alive? Only my wife knows.

I've also dressed on and off over the last 50 years and don't want my children thinking I'm a weirdo or being a farther they really didn't know.
    I'm hopping that when it's my time to go I have enough time to get rid of everything.
    Especially items like breast forms, sz.13 heels, and wigs are kind of a give away!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

tiptoeing thru the tulips ellbee's Avatar
    While doing some long-overdue, much-needed "spring cleaning" for my wardrobe today, this very thought came across my mind.

I want to say that *please* try to keep all your stuff clean, organized & in good order. Not only will it make things that much easier (in terms of time & effort) for those who you've left behind, but odds are they'd be more likely to perhaps keep some of your belongings for themselves -- instead of looking at it as a huge mess & perfect fodder for the trashcan / donation center / church / etc.

I mean, it's usually bad enough to have to go thru all the "normal, average-person's" non-CD things. I've helped with that once, for a deceased relative of mine. And even if you haven't, have you ever moved? Then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. There is a lot of STUFF! Everyday things you don't normally think about in that way. It's pretty crazy, really.

But then add in all these clothes & what-not? From what I gather, quite a few here have quite an extensive wardrobe -- including myself.

So, please be kind to your loved ones, by trying to keep your CD-things as quick & easy as possible to sort through. And perhaps even desirable enough for them to want to keep some for themselves.

Personally speaking, I have no SO & no children. And to put it bluntly, sadly I don't really have any close-enough friends at the moment. All good, honestly. But in the context of this topic? That's going to probably leave my immediate family (parents, brother, SIL, nieces) to do the dirty work. And I am in a DADT relationship with them, with that as the foreseeable status quo, going forward. IOW, they really don't know the extent of all this.

"Best-case" scenario? I outlive those around my age, & older. Which would leave my nieces (who are currently very young & live quite a distance away) to have to do the "big clean-up." Hey, I've got some pretty nice things, some of which cost a few bucks. And frankly, any GG who is into leggings & other activewear would have a field day, really. And given the size I wear & nature of these items, it would probably fit my nieces (as adults). They can haggle over who gets what -- I'm cool with that.

I think it could possibly be a bit weird for my brother. I mean, if I go first? And my SIL/nieces grab some things for themselves? I'm not so sure he'd want to see them dressed in stuff that he'd be aware that used to belong to me, ya know? Eh, whatever. Besides, he wouldn't necessarily have to know where they got it all from.

Anyway, I dunno. That's just a current snap-shot. Things can obviously change. My DADT status could change. I could get married, have kids of my own, etc. Heck, I might even have a lot less CD-things, when it's time for me "to go."

But everyone's situation is a bit different. It is definitely something to think about, and to plan for.