Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it Real or Just a Belief

Is it Real or Just a Belief

I will start with some facts. I have always had decent looks as a male. But I am getting older and will be 76 next month. My time is short. When I get the chance to dress and do my make up I see myself as much younger once done. I do not go overboard or try the glam look. That is not me. I only need about 15-20 minets to complete my look and like everyone else here, feel great. But the question is... do I really look younger, or is it just my mind playing tricks, due to the excitment of bringing out my female side?

Alice B, it is real, I am told all the time, that I look like I am in my 40 and 50 years old. I will be 75 in July and love it.. Marshalynn

Alice,
    You are as beautiful as the person you see in the mirror!
    Jane

Well you look great for 76 and much younger.

I think men's skin ages slower than women's, but often we lose our hair which ages us. Add a wig and make-up and yes, we will usually look younger than we really are. I don't think I look nearly 50!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have to ask why does it matter?
    As long as you like the end result thats what its all about.
    Not sure why people go off on these lines of thought all it does is cause doubt and stress.

Hell-o Alice,
    If I had a dime for each of us that
    looks younger while dressed.
    I might not be rich, BUT.......
    I’d certainly be lugging a big ‘ol sack
    of dimes to the coin redemption
    machine right now!

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Make-up does make a big change in covering the blemishes and dark circles. A wig covers our balding scalps so of course we do look younger. Look at the difference it makes to women, why wouldn't it do the same for us.
    I'm not so sure that I look younger, but I do know I look a lot better with make-up on.

Oh no, dear. It's real. You don't look a day over 25!

To answer your core question........
    YES.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Alice,

I've seen you in real life and I would have never thought you were as old as you suggest here. You've stayed active and taken good care of yourself and that always helps one look younger. So yeah, you look good.

There are media stereotypes we battle all the time, both age and gender expression have very common images portrayed on TV and in movies. At 65 we are supposed to be doddering on the edge of the grave. And crossdressers are all too often depicted as deep-voiced, broad-shouldered guys with bad makeup in poorly fitting dresses, wobbly on heels and wearing mustaches swaggering into a bar on some ridiculous mission. (I don't have a mustache!!!!)

I look younger when I dress partly because I wear a dark wig rather than one that matches my gray hair. But I've never smoked, used sunscreen and tried to stay healthy. As such I am constantly told I don't look as old as I actually am. Again, I think they have a mental image of what someone "that age" is supposed to look like rather than the experience of knowing several and seeing the range of appearances.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

YES you look younger. That’s the whole purpose of makeup!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not many folks here know what 75 looks like, Alice!

But, I do! Alice doesn't look it and u don't act it! I think it's because u live such a joyful, successful, and self actualized life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It sure looks real to me!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    I think I appear younger, like many here, when dressed up.
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Alice, of course you look younger. My fiancee looks younger when she dolls up. Most people do.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Alice who cares if you think it then it must be. I believe youth is and always well be as much in your mind as your body.

Banned Read only
    Alice,
    That is partly what makeup is about, we are bombarded with advertising trying to sell anti wrinkle creams and skin revitalising products all to make a woman look younger. I have had up to twenty years knocked off me when dressed and made up by other people so I'm very happy to spend a little time and apply my makeup the best I can. I don't feel any older when dressed, certainly not when I'm on the dance floor .

Banned Read only
    I have found the eyes see what the mind wants to see. I look in the mirror and I see an aging male. When I see pictures of my male self it really confirms that fact. The picture show my aging more than looking in the mirror. Of course as a male I do not try to coverup imperfections; blemishes, aging spots, lines or cracks in the veneer. If dressing gives you a lot of joy, then perhaps your face looks more youthful because of your smile and twinkle in your eyes. Makeup will hide minor imperfections. My wife is several years behind me. She still has terrific blue eyes and a great smile. She has aged well because she has never smoked. Keep that vice away folks! Smoking will age your face ten to fifteen years easy. Her facial skin is still tight and not saggy because she has taken care of it and has avoided sun tanning. Take some selfies and see how the pictures stand up to the mind's eye.

I really appreciate the kind comments many of you have given me, especially from those that I have had the peasure to get to know. I agree that the act of applying make up makes us look younger, but does it really, or is it the effect of advertising making us believe it. Up unitil two years ago I loved to dress up, spend time on make up and to go out. I felt younger and friskier. But after some tramatic injuries and accidents I no longer seem capable or desire this and feel older, thus think I am such. I still apply some make up almost daily, but does it really change how I look? I'm not so sure. Is there a point at which it becomes only an illusion? I guess getting old simply sucks. For those that know me, this thinking is not what or who I have been. Is this fun ride of self expression and exploration coming to an end? I hope not.

I know that I look younger when presenting as a woman. Make-up and hair do wonders!
    Hugs, Carole

Women generally look younger when they put even light make up on. Even guys tend to look younger when they shave, get a nice haircut, wear nice clothes etc etc.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Silver Member
    I've heard it said that 50 is the new 30. So automatically you're not as old as your birth certificate says you are. Also, womens clothes tend to emphasize ones youthfulness. At first thought, there's no way this 57 year old should be rocking a mini skirt. But I get told a lot how my legs are so nice that I should be showing them off. Whats a girl to do? And you should be able to wear exactly what you want when you want as well.

I don't think it really matters if you look younger as long as it makes you feel younger. There is nothing wrong with a good feeling Alice.
    Angie

I may be old but I'm very immature. I know I look younger/better without my glasses everything just a little fuzzier. I usually do a temp tape/face lift that helps. I'm in my 70s too, anything that works to make us look younger is a plus. I really didn't start dressing until I was 67, so I had 2 problems to overcome I wasn't a woman and I was old.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Of course you look younger makeup and a wig will do that for you...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec