Thread: Over the moon

Over the moon

Hi all,
    The best day ever!, my wife has said she is accepting of my dressing (HOORAY).
    I think it is going to be a DADT arrangement but who cares this result is way more than I
    could have hoped for. It seems that overnight she has done some research and was shocked
    by how common CD'ing is, more so by the number of straight men who take part in our
    pastime.
    I will you posted as things develop,

Love and hugs,

Tracy (walking on air)

That's great news, Tracy. Her response seems much like when I told my wife. Don't be surprised if she can blow a bit hot and cold with it.

My advice for what it's worth is keep communicating, keep reassuring her but don't overwhelm her with it all.

Yay!!!

Let's see....thanking her profusely every 5 minutes will give her a sense of how much it means to you. Gender traditions are so baked in to almost every part of people's world and identity that it is likely to continue to be challenging for her.

Maybe a nice opportunity for you to reach back and ask if there is a parallel in her life- something that is complicated that you can support for her? Marriage is an evolution of getting to know each other whilst each other is changing in the course of life experience, so it is a process to cherish!
    We are all beautiful...!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Now this change in her attitude isn't a green light to buy all kinds of clothes and do nothing but talk about CDing every day.
    If you do that she will burn out rapidly and get fed up with it.
    I have seen it happen here over the years so be careful.

Wow Tracy you must be on cloud nine! Funny how something like that would rank up there with some of the best things that ever happened to you. But I totally get it. Now if your wife could just call mine and tell he what she has read and come to realize.........

My wife says she has read all bad things about it and some quack therapist told her how brave she was for sticking with me.

Enjoy your new acceptance, but slowly as Tracii says.

Agree with Tracii. Take it slow and be sure to always keep your wife first in your thoughts and actions.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    That's great to hear Tracy, happy for you.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Platinum Member
    Great to read a woman decided to do some research before dismissing a husband's cross dressing as some sort of perversion. If you and your wife are headed into a DADT marriage just keep in mind do not overwhelm her with it. I've read too many times on this forum where everything ends up going south because tolerance has been misconstrued as license to do anything the husband wants to do. The new found freedom to not hide does not mean one can now parade cross dressing in front of a wife. Too many forget the wife did not marry a woman. Be sure to project your manly side too.

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Sounds awesome Tracy!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Tracy,
    Good for you but do not take liberties or ignore what your wife may think.

You should read her moods and watch for any dissent and danger signs that she is tired of what you do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well done Tracy
    just take things slowly.

Carolyn

Gold Member
    I will replete what the others have said, GO SLOW
    Rader

Happy for you girl. Just remember take it nice and slow. Don't press it on her.
    Angie

The keep communicating bit is so important, I know because I have failed at it 3 times now! Dont be like me and never mention it again but also don't over do it, easy!

Platinum Member
    Hi Tracy , Just be careful and don't overwhelm yourWife,
    Know your boundaries and stay within them. I have a great DA/DT
    and it works great for both of us>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don’t consider DADT to be acceptance. Perhaps that’s because, after two years of DADT and a lot of patience, my wife has come to acceptance in the last few months. This culminated in a day long shopping trip for clothes for me, her showing me how to do my eye makeup, and ordering wigs for me. It’s been amazing, but having said that, I will still be taking her lead, because I know she can still run cooler, and because the speed at which this progresses is still her choice. I will never fail to show my appreciation, nor should you. I wish you the best of luck as things progress for you.

Chelsea
    Not a woman, I just enjoy looking and feeling like one now and then!

hello Tracy,
    learn to walk before you run
    luv J

Hi Ladies,

Many thanks for all the good advice, just to keep you all up to date my wife I are taking things slowly
    she is asking question all the time such as "How did this start for you" when she ask if I could throw
    my stuff away, I said yes but that would not stop the urge I have. We are so open and honest with
    each other I will give a full answer to anything she wants to know, no more hiding my secret life.

Love to you all,

Tracy

I would say go slow. but if you think its a DADT situation. oh my. hope it is not.
    Part Time Girl

Reality Check
    You say you think it will be DADT. That's better than nothing but it's not a fun life to be hiding everything and worrying about when she's coming home. Now if you have kids in the house, DADT is probably the best you can do.

I suggest (as have several others) that you take things slowly. Don't mention anything about DADT, just perhaps start wearing panties as underwear on the weekends. Then move to every day. Not frilly pink panties, plain black ones. Then perhaps start wearing a bra at home. Add a simple but feminine blouse. At some point you can begin to pad the bra. Move on to feminine jeans or even a skirt. Buy a pair of simple flats.

My point is, don't let her come home one day to find you prancing around the living room in a tutu and six inch heels, take it slow and see what her reaction is. The whole process may take a year or more but eventually, she will get used to seeing you dressed in women's clothes.
    Krisi

I am very happy for you! Stay attentive and communicate, communicate, communicate... Congratulations! Brenda

Quote Originally Posted by BrendaPDX View Post
    I am very happy for you! Stay attentive and communicate, communicate, communicate... Congratulations! Brenda
    May I endorse Brenda's congratulations and her advice.

I believe that if you do, sharing this will bring you both closer than ever.

Please enjoy.
    Osteph

Over the moon indeed! To have someone that accepting is such a treasure. Hopefully, you'll have lots of good times wearing what you please whenever you please.