Thread: Two down several to go.

Two down several to go.

Well I have come out to my Parrents who were both very accepting and, as my mom said, surprised but not shocked but in the end they are proud and happy for me to make ‘this realization. That’s it nothing more but still a big step I just wanted to share.
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.
    (Sir Alec Guinness as Obiwon Kanobi in Star Wars Return of the Jedi)

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep its a big step and I'm glad they accepted you.

Congratulations. At the beginning it seems that even the smallest step forward is a big one! Good luck as you step into the future.

That's great, our parent accepting is very important to us. Sounds like they kind of knew already, like most parents are most times one step ahead of us. Good for you and it must have taking a lot of courage.

Congratulations and well done

To be clear my parents divorced when I was 8. Dad moved away and mom raised me the best she could. I still think they are the best but I asked my mom if she ever had any incling and she said ,paraphrasing here, “honey I am surprised everyday of how well you turned out because I know I was only an ok mom and not a great one because I had to work so much. I hardly got to notice you growing up but as long as you were happy and healthy that was my only goal. So no I never really saw anything that made me wonder.” I asked my Dad the same thing and he said, paraphrasing again, “I could tell you had issues in general because of your weight and other bad habits but that this is what you were struggling with I had no clue. In the end you seemed happy and that is all your mom and I really ever wanted for you and now I can see how truly happy you are.

Funny how things really turn out. Parents don’t wish for how you think your kids will be happy just wish for them to be happy.

Damn I gotta stop chopping onions while posting.
    You will find that most of the truths we cling to in life depend greatly on our own point of view.

Georgia,
    A big step and successful for you I hope.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Congratulations and good luck with the several to go. Wishing you much happiness. Ya my eyes got a little watery listening to your story.

Huge step -- Congratulations! Having your family accept you is one of the most freeing things. I'm very happy for you.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

One more down! Just let my bosses know and I got High fives all around with one awkward handshake five thing but that was just my nerves and the other person being naturally awkward. Tomorrow we talk to my sister in law which I am 90% positive will be accepting. After which we need to figure out when to tell my mother in law. She is the tough one which I am giving 60% odds on her acceptance just because she is a big time Texas Church goin woman and she will be worried about her daughter. But then she to has had a life in theatre and is very cordial with a couple people I now who are a part of the LGBT Community and I have done right by her daughter for the last 20+ years and will continue to do so till the day I die.

Anyways wish me luck.

I wish you luck, Andy. Your bravery is inspiring, and I am so happy for the positive results so far. It is an awesome story!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Sorry I did not post at the time but work has been crazy especially since I told them and now I have been dressing every single day! Yeah!!!!! I have also come out to my sister, sister in law, neighbor, and gaming group. Really I just have my Mother in law to worry about but her odds are getting better every day. I did have a little stumble with my wife. We talked about it because she got a little quiet and shut down after I came out at work. basically she finally realized this is for real and not just some midlife crisis. She was afraid she was loosing her husband but I reassured her I am still here. She is dealing with it in her own time but she hates change and loves traditional things as that was how she was brought up. But we are still good just moving a little slower.

Well done Andy big positive steps forward...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec