Thread: Using my new 'other side' talents...

Gracious Colleague looking_good's Avatar

Using my new 'other side' talents...

Like many here, part of my crossdressing experience included a deeper discovery of feelings, perceptions, and emotions that were not a large part of my male awareness. Some of these are things that I wish I had learned a lot earlier in life (besides learning how to walk gracefully in heels...lol...).

Some of what I do involves working together with others, and I am learning the good and gentle art of looking for the best talent of each person in the room and then trying to help everyone make the most of those talents. That is very different than my alpha-male-side "I'm in charge here, let's get going" approach. There are times for each, of course.

I'm wondering if there are 'other side' skills, emotions, feelings, or perceptions that have benefitted your, uhhhh, 'traditional' side?

Cheers!
    Simply an avid clothing enthusiast...

Cross dressing is enjoyment thing which cost you money. I noticed i loose my strong body form when i shrink size.

The only benefits i experienced:
    Male hormone release
    You can wear those short dress
    It depends on your situation

Btw why would you want to walk gracefully as its useless one.

I have learned to mingle with others as a woman, it does take practice and you need to gain knowledge of how the female mind works.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    So what you are saying is you like to tell others what to do or how they should do it?

I think there are two things that crossdressing has changed for the better. First, I think I am a more caring person. Second, I find that I am more interested in how I present myself, whether as a male or female. I dress a lot less sloppily.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Its a good question, whilst i have never been an alpha male, finding my Femm side has made me much better in work situations, I am much more aware of people's feelings and I am much better at listening to people and showing them I am listening and that i really do care. those are just two examples.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    So what you are saying is you like to tell others what to do or how they should do it?
    Certainly true when I was much younger. "My way. Highway. Let's review." Not an especially appealing trait in many situations. I am learning that unleashing and empowering can be so much more effective and rewarding - especially in creative situations.

Who knew?

Banned Spammer
    No its not I agree with that.
    I call it the "I'm your Daddy syndrome".
    I work with people too and try to help them with their trans issues but I don't coddle them I teach them the cold hard truth and how to deal with it.
    You can do it your way and I am totally cool with it.

Reality Check
    I have not found that strapping on a pair of boobs and a wig has changed me at all. Sure, I've learned about women's clothing sizes and what goes well with what, but it hasn't changed my personality or political views. I am still the same person, boobs or not.
    Krisi

I know this isn't quite the gist of the post, but...

I have started looking after my skin. Before I started CD, I would shower and go. Now I take time for skin care, of course there is shaving, lotion on my legs/arms, moisturizer at night/day. It's not that I associate that with my femme side, it's just that I never thought of it before. Does that make sense?

Banned Spammer
    Jenn thats fine you just became aware how important skin care is.
    Its OK for guys to do that.

I think I use a more Passive-aggressive approach to get things done, something I've noticed that some(not all)woman use as a means to an end.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn26 View Post
    I know this isn't quite the gist of the post, but...

I have started looking after my skin. Before I started CD, I would shower and go. Now I take time for skin care, of course there is shaving, lotion on my legs/arms, moisturizer at night/day. It's not that I associate that with my femme side, it's just that I never thought of it before. Does that make sense?
    Me too! Who knew? But I did notice it first as I was making some early attempts with makeup. That particular road goes on forever...