Thread: Another thread to make you smile !!

Banned Read only

Another thread to make you smile !!

My dog usually lets me know when she hears the postman push the letters through my letterbox but he had already been, anyway I took a look and found a white envelope with " Pam " written on it . I had no choice but open it to find a small purple address book with a list of ladies from the " Inner Wheel club " , it's the associated section for wives of Rotary Club members . I had to smile because I thought it had already got round about my CDing and I had been invited to join them ! I realised that it had been put through the wrong door and must have been intended for the neighbours on the other side of the ones I had already posted a thread about. As I was dressed with my wig on but only lipstick but my nails still painted from the previous night out , I took my forms out , pulled some socks and trousers on and popped on some shoes. I wrapped a scarf round my neck pulled a jacket on and then realised I had to cover my nails up so I put some gloves on . I rang the door bell and an attractive blond lady answered the door , I introduced myself and shook her hand and aplogised for wearing gloves , as I checked out her hands she had exactly the same shade of nail polish as me , I had to stop myself saying " Snap !" The book did belong to her so she was grateful and couldn't understand why it had been pushed through the wrong letter box .

Walking back to my home I had to smile, not only were there three blond ladies in a row but I had temporarily become a member of the Ladies Inner wheel club . It would have been really funny if she had invited me in for a cup of tea, taking off my coat to reveal me wearing a white blouse with the visible signs of a white cami underneath and my bra with the waistband of my skirt showing above my trousers and sporting the same nail polish .

I will have to tell them because they are obviously going to see me coming and going dressed , as I mentioned in another thread my other two neighbours are perfectly OK about my CDing .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-17-2018 at 01:48 PM.

It seems that the old habits of covering up still exist. Since your known by the other neighbors this may have been a good time to introduce yourself to her if she doesn't know already, you know how people like to gossip. Made me smile though, did she notice your lipstick?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Read only
    Lisa,
    My excuse for covering up is the weather has turned again and with the windchill and snow flurries it's about zero degrees, I forgot about my lipstick but my meal had removed most of it, it was the same shade as the nails, so not too bright .

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You still have hiding issues don't you?
    If the neighbors all know I have to wonder why you persist in hiding.
    This would have been a perfect opportunity like Allisa said.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    The couple in question are the only ones around me I haven't told yet, it was far too cold to stand on her door step and get into that conversation , I'm not backing off from it it just wasn't the right time apart from almost admitting I was wearing the same colour on my nails . If she had been in the supermarket the previous morning she would have seen them when pushing my trolley round because I had prepared them for another outing that was cancelled because of the weather .

Excuses...excuses

Banned Spammer
    If not when the opportunity presents itself then when?
    What would have happened at the grocery? You wouldn't have tried to hide your nails? Maybe went up a different aisle because it wasn't the right time.
    Have you ever just done something for the hell of it? Taken a leap of faith so to speak and cast caution to the wind?
    You seem so rigid and un flexible sometimes. Its OK just loosen up a little.

Banned Read only
    Tracii,
    No hiding in the supermarket they were there for all to see !

You know from some of my old posts that I've thrown caution to the wind ! OK at times you don't feel you need to wear the bright pink Tshirt with I'm TG written across it there is a time and a place , standing on a neighbour's doorstep at below freezing wasn't the time !

P.S. I like your new avatar the glasses work really well .

Aspiring Member
    You are certainly having some new adventures.
    Why not try and join the Inner Wheel anyway, they may welcome you with open arms?
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Banned Read only
    Vikky,
    That is a good point , I hopefully will be looking for people to join my art group when I get it up and running so I could have a good source right on my doorstep without the expense of advertising .

Teresa,
    I thought it a little unfair to accuse you of not being brave after all you have gone through. I know it is very cold so covering up was comfortable and you did ring the doorbell and talk directly to the person living there. You could have just pushed it through the letter box and disappeared.
    You have "come out" to your other neighbours and if I were you I would seek the right circumstances to come out to the Rotary lady. Wouldn't it be a hoot if she invited you to join the Inner Wheel Club. Don't wait too long though.Spring is just around the corner so you will be out and about and dressed fully for all to see.

Banned Spammer
    Your comfort level will improve in time with you being out on your own and "out".
    Screaming I'm TG is not my style either and I need glasses to see so thanks its just part of my look.LOL

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Such a cute story Teressa, and yes the continual reveal of ourselves to others usually to find out most have their own lives
    to deal with and not care about what or who you are as long as your kind to them

Teresa, you are lucky she didn't invite you in for a cup of tea seeing as it was so cold, then what would you have done with the gloves?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Becky,
    Well at least she might have thought i had good taste as she was wearing the same colour !

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Women wear coats too.

Well you still have to poke your head out from under another rock...

You will get there Teresa.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I understand. Baby steps, Teresa! I've been out a zillion times dressed. Yet, every time before I walk out of a hotel room, I hesitate. Wondering who/how many will be in the hallway, the elevator, the lobby?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    I don't usually find that a problem, one person or a hotel full, I found the same when I visited a shopping village for the first time recently .

Gold Member
    You do not have to intro yourself to the neighbors.
    Some people, maybe many, such as myself desire NO interaction with the neighbors. My older sister is that way too. She doesn't live with me or anything.
    I would have just taken the book over and placed it in the mailbox and been done with it.
    It is true they will eventually see "Teresa" coming and going and yeah they will talk. But that does not mean you have to talk with them.

Some people do not want to interact with neighbors cause then neighbors think they can have the run of your business.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Spammer
    Lot of truth there Erin some people love to run other peoples lives or bring you into their sick twisted world.
    I had one neighbor like that and he would always make comments about me if he saw me out working in the yard or going to get my mail.
    I ignored him 99% of the time because I refused to be drawn into his creepy little world.

Banned Read only
    Erin,
    The ladies husband knocked at my door a few days after I moved in to introduce himself , a few days after he even brought builder friend round to offer his services in the future. He obviously wants to be a good neighbour as indeed I do . I 'm totally happy that all my close neighbours are known to me on first name terms , it does make it much easier for me as Teresa . I will be going out Thursday night and again Saturday night so yes being seen is inevitably going to happen .
    Last edited by Teresa; 03-21-2018 at 01:50 PM. Reason: removed comment on deleted post