Thread: Click and connect

Click and connect

How do you access posts on the forum, PC, table or smartphone? Most mornings I’m to be found using my tablet which is fine for reading posts but when I reply sometimes as it’s one finger typing it can come out as a bit like a script from an episode of “Alo alo” spelling wise.

For those unfamiliar with “Alo Alo” follow this link. You'll soon get the picture.

While mostly I use my PC I have in the past been able to do a “live” report of my adventures out and about via my smartphone. There’s something not unsurprisingly immediate about describing how you’re feeling being sat on a train dressed and heading out for the day. That feeling of sharing the experience while not as tangible as having someone there does add a reassurance of knowing we’re not alone in what we do. Trying to edit is a pain though.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I have a lap top in my living room that I use! I do not use mobile devices that much! I would sooner savor the experience and then report on it rather than a live report! YMMV Just the way I am! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Maybe I'll get me one of those new fangled thingy's so I can share some of my outings in real time. Can your post pictures in real time also?
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just on my desk top PC. My phone I use for phone calls and don't even have a browser or any apps on it.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    I use a desktop PC the majority of the time but I have used a laptop when staying in hotels. My 'dumb' phone is not web connected.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

I have 2 MacBook Pro's (13" and 17" and a large 24" desktop mac. I only use the desktop for this site and never the lap tops because on trips others may have access to the lap tops. I also use the hunt & peck typing system, due to disformed fingers. My wife aslo has 2 Mac's, but would never allow our site on hers.

Smart phone most of the time for me, I agree its annoying typing with one finger. Worth thing is I have predicted turned off which also turns of spell check because otherwise its always I predicting I want to write the word crossdresser! So if you ever see mistakes thats why.

I misread the title as click and collect which thinking about it was probably intentional, clever :-)

Aspiring Member
    Access usually once or twice a day on the laptop in my man cave - definitely a man cave not a woman cave (for now at any rate - oh I wish.)
    Vikky
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adventure before dementia

Despite my preference for my desktop for most things, I use my phone for a accessing this site. I utilize the Opera Coast browser and it all works pretty good. Any time of the day as a matter of fact.

Only when I want to embed or attach a photo, do I revert back to the desktop.

How do I access this site desk top, lap top, tablet or smart phone. Yes. Depends where I am. Wife’s lap top. My phone. Our tablet. My desk top. Do I log out of any of these? No. Hate logging in. Waste of time. What if someone sees it!?Do care and the won’t. But what if they did!? Thier problem. It’s mine and my wife’s stuff so you should be snooping around on it in the first place. What about your wife. What if she sees it!? She’s seen it. Doesn’t really find it all that interesting and doesn’t care. If she has a question she’ll ask. Otherwise she has her own thing going on.

Do I live report? No. Could I? Suppose if I was interested in it. Sure. I can type on my phone really fast.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

All my site visiting is on the private mode. On my I Pad. I just use it for only my forums and reading. Never on Facebook on it or bill pay or any business. My laptop is the one that all business, emails, and etc. is on.

Platinum Member
    Hi Helen , Just a desktop and a laptop,

and an old school flip phone just for phone calls.<Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Yeah, what Natasha said.

One thing about being on the tube, you don't have to make eye contact and if someone is staring at you you wouldn't know.

Me, I use a PC. So much easier.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I use my trusty iPad to browse the net, I just feel it’s much more secure and easy to drop away from should the need arise... Although I am out to my wife (and certainly throughout much of the winter dressed almost 24/7), I prefer to keep this site to me for the time being...

Platinum Member
    I'm strictly a desk tops user. My cell phone is for emergency use when away from home. After seeing the time wasted on smart phones by my family I'll never get one. At best I may get a car video camera to record the traffic in front of me....just in case a bigfoot crosses my path when I'm in the rural parts of my county.

I use a laptop - and Helen... Yes, I am familiar with "Alo, Alo" that show was very funny!

Hello Helen
    must try that on the train tomorrow as i am going away for a few days again dressed from home.
    i have a pc at home and a i pad when i am away from home both with one finger typeing.

Carolyn

Reality Check
    Desktop PC.
    Krisi

Sorry Helen
    Never got around to sending that message from the train up here today,
    I was talking to two lady’s on the boat and the train so I am send this message from
    the coffee shop in Debenhams, nobody is taking a blind bit of notice of me or what I am doing.

Carolyn

Carolyn,

The cafe in Debenhams is just as good. Anywhere convenient is fine. I found the reporting of what I was doing, real time, gave me a better connection with myself. Writing enfemme, in the moment rooted me more closely to my thoughts. I wasn't relaying the day's memories, more the moments feelings.

Plus I was doing what many GG's might be doing but say on FaceBook or Twitter, tapping away on a smartphone or tablet, just doing those normal things folks do.

Enjoy your time out and about. Good to see the great British public being open to our community. Chat way!
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen I did not tell them I was a cross dresser I spoke to them as I think a female would of spoken
    to them, if they took as a male in female clothes they never said anything to me during the two hours
    we travelling together.
    The things we talk about all female things make up,clothes,family’s ,work and holidays places.
    Like you say Helen weather I am sat have coffee or shopping no body give me a fun look or said anything
    Just own the space you are in and don’t give a fig just enjoy yourself live the life you only got this one.

Carolyn