Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Doctor will see you now!

I have some friends in the medical field, and quite honestly there isn't much they haven't seen. You wouldn't believe what they have done on the x-ray machine. But me, I am to drab but thanks you for all the great stories. Brenda

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    LOLOLOLOL Erin that was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by BillieS View Post
    I'd always worn men's underwear to doctor's appointments -- until I went to a dermatologist a few years back. I'm prone to pre-cancer spots and scheduled an appointment, the first with this dermatologist, to have a couple spots on my arms checked. I showed up underdressed and with my toenails painted, thinking I wasn't going to disrobe.

I was wrong. He was insistent on doing a full body scan and, with two nurses present, told me to drop my pants and take off my shoes and socks.

I didn't have a ready response, so I went ahead and revealed my purple satin underwear and my crimson-red toenails! Though I turned several shades of red with embarrassment, nothing was said. They were total pros.

So now I wear panties (and painted nails!) to doctor's appointments all the time and I don't worry about it. It's never an issue.
    I went to my dermatologist knowing full well that she was going to do a full body scan. My toenails had been recently painted in coral, and I had no intention of wrecking my pedicure. So, I just went in like I was, and it was no problem. She and her female assistant did comment on how much they like my choice of toenail polish.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My doctor knows I cross dress so I always wear my panties under my regular clothes when I have an appointment. However, the following you may find more interesting. I've had both of my hips replaced but not at the same time. Being as I'm widowed I would have to spend two weeks or more at a rehab center after each replacement. I visited rehab centers but had already made up my mind about one that had been favorably recommended. During my visits i told the staff that i was transgendered and would need a private room because I intended to sleep in nightgowns at night. The place I preferred agreed to my request. Both of the times I stayed there, I had my own room and went to bed every evening in a nightgown. Your name has to be written with a permanent marker on everything that goes into their laundry which included my nighties. I washed my own panties in the sink and left them in the bathroom to dry. The nurses and other staff and i got along well together. There was one male nurse that wasn't in on my dressing, came in the room looked at me, went back out to look at the name on the door and then asked if i was who i was. i assured him that i was. We had a laugh about him in the morning.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

My doctor knows I cross dress so I always wear my panties under my regular clothes when I have an appointment. However, the following you may find more interesting. I've had both of my hips replaced but not at the same time. Being as I'm widowed I would have to spend two weeks or more at a rehab center after each replacement. I visited rehab centers but had already made up my mind about one that had been favorably recommended. During my visits i told the staff that i was transgendered and would need a private room because I intended to sleep in nightgowns at night. The place I preferred agreed to my request. Both of the times I stayed there, I had my own room and went to bed every evening in a nightgown. Your name has to be written with a permanent marker on everything that goes into their laundry which included my nighties. I washed my own panties in the sink and left them in the bathroom to dry. The nurses and other staff and i got along well together. There was one male nurse that wasn't in on my dressing, came in the room looked at me, went back out to look at the name on the door and then asked if i was who i was. i assured him that i was. We had a laugh about him in the morning.

My doctor has seen me in panties many times. I've been to the emergency room twice underdressed. No comments have ever been made.

I hurt my back a few years ago, Had to go to the docter and ended up getting a shot in the lowere back / The nurse had me pull my sweats down. I did not pull them down far enough so she pulled thrm down showing my white bikini panties.

Sorry. I just don't get it. Why is it so important for some to have their doctors see them in womens underwear? I have never been a fan of doing this. Why involve your doctor in such a personal part of your life? Why subject them to this? You are there for medical reasons. Have any of you considered it may make your doctor uncomfortable? Put him (or her) in an embarrassing situation? I'm just saying.....Being cd is Your thing...Not your doctors.

Michelle,

While I have plans to bring my primary care doctor in on the secret at some point this year to discuss the prospects of HRT, etc., I'm not wearing panties to a visit to shock her or to be discovered/outed. I wear them because I find them more comfortable than the underwear assigned to me by the overlords. My view is why change what I wear all of the time for an hour of my life three times a year? In the end, we all need to stay generally within our comfort zones.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

Silver Member
    Good decision, and it obviously worked. Doctors, like many others, have already seen it all. They only really care about your health and that you don't make the visit a difficult one.

There is a fine line between showing off to your doctor or chiropractor that you are a cross dresser and just being honest about yourself.

If you wear feminine underwear every day but go back to masculine underwear when you visit your doctor is it because you are ashamed of your cross dressing? If it is because you don't want to shock or embarrass the doctor or is it because you are ashamed or embarrassed of being a cross dresser and by extension of the very act of cross dressing.

Over and over there are posts here that complain about cross dressing not being accepted by society yet as a community we rush to the closet and hide at the slightest opportunity.

I thought that Teresa handled it well. She told the chiropractor that this is who she was and why. She was not trying to embarrass someone or "be in their face" but just being honest about what she is and that she is not ashamed.
    Last edited by CONSUELO; 03-25-2018 at 02:50 PM. Reason: missing text

I just want to chime in. In my previous life, I worked in doctors offices and the X-ray Department at a large hospital. Doctors and nurses will be very professional - to your face. Of course, they have seen everything. That doesn’t stop some from giggling and relaying what they have seen to others after the patient has gone. And, they typically have the courtesy not to name names. I’m sure that doesn’t bother everyday underdressers.