Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So happy, another step for me

So happy, another step for me

So, I had to share this. I'm really sort of new here and on my own little timeline, but today was a fun, exciting and beyond belief happy day - I bought my first bra.

I went through the posts on sizing (it took a while - there are lots and lots out there!) and measured myself. I decided to swing by Target on the way home from work. I did chicken out a little and went to the mens section to pick up some Jockey Elance bikini underwear first. But then I scolded myself and went over to the womens intimates section. I found a Hanes pullover bra with the correct band size in black and went through the self-checkout.

You all, I have to tell you, I couldn't wait to get home. I didn't make it. Yes, I actually pulled off my knit shirt and slipped on the bra right in the parking lot and pulled my shirt on again. It felt amazing! In hindsight, it may not be a big deal, but to me at the time it was a couple big steps for me. First purchase in a store, first time in public with a bra (yes I'm counting it!! HA!) and the first time that overcame my apprehensiveness.

To me it was a HUGE win. Added to that, it just felt so "right" to wear a bra. I'm on cloud nine!
    (I hope this was the correct board to post this)

You Go Girl!!! its the next step on your journey, thanks for sharing it. I can so well remember my first purchase..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Good for you Jenn. I remember my first time, it was such a rush.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Every journey starts with that first step. Good luck.

Jenn,
    It takes me back to read other people's first experiences.

I think we have all been through those.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jenn, I'm sure that it will be the first of many. Congrats.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    Jenn,
    It gets easier, so good for you it's your bra now and can wear it when and how you choose .

Just beware of SAs they can and will have fun with you , sometimes at you expense !

I was in the lingerie department of a department store, it was near valentines day and the sales were on , just the ideal time to shop for your own needs or so I thought. I had my sizes written down so I asked the SA to give me a hand out to buy for my wife , instead she called in a loud voice to another SA , " Ladies underwear for the gentleman !" The shop was fairly full at the time. the other SA called back , " Tell him to wait by the knicker rack !" By then I was as red as the underwear I was trying to avoid looking at ! Did I chicken out ? No way I wasn't walking out empty handed, I still bought red panties and matching suspender belt to go with a bra and slip I already had .

Good for you Jenn! Enjoy the journey. It gets easier and a lot more fun.
    I'm half the man I used to be, and twice the person that I once was...and Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs. Be all you can be ladies! WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Banned Read only
    Make yourself some breast forms using panty hose and rice and put them in your bra, get ready for the next big rush, you'll feel so feminine. Also panties of course.

Ya'll are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words and encouragement. When I first joined, I was looking forward to some great advice and knowledge.

I have to be honest, it gets a little intimidating though. A lot of the posts are from those that have been CD'ing for years it seems and have so much more experience. I truly feel like a little chick in the nest that has yet to learn to flap my wings. Even posting my "big" accomplishment" almost seemed silly, but I was so wrong. You all have been so supportive, and kind enough to relate back to your firsts.

Thank you again!!
    Jenn

You rock girl!

Doing what feels best and right is the most satisfying to do. Seeing your post makes me remember about my first time too <3.

Yes I remember my first bra, what a thrill. Welcome aboard the crossdressing train

Hi Jenn,
    You said you had fun, exciting beyond belief. That what its all about. Don't look or act nervous just keep a smile on your face make conversation. If thay want to play games with you play along with them.Don't forget you can always thank them and walk away you will never see them again.

Jenn wtg it only gets better from here and many more firsts to come
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Thank you for sharing. I'm excited for you and understand the feeling.

I did nearly the same thing about a month ago (researched bra sizes on line, measured myself, then bought my first bra at Target and used self-checkout). I waited to get home before putting it on though.

On a side note, I used the rest of my birthday gift card from my mother-in-law to pay for it and my wife thinks it funny that essentially my mother-in-law bought me my first bra Granted I have had that gift card for over a year now...

Have fun!

Silver Member
    Jenn, I only wish I was your age 'today' and had the net at my disposal and the many sisters here to help me, as you now do. You are so lucky, girl, and have a lifetime ahead of you to really learn and enjoy your girlhood. In the beginning it is baby steps, but you will be so surprised at how fast your inner self will emerge. FYI, I've never had a bad experience with a SA, and I've only ever bought my femme things in drab, everything from cosmetics and lingerie to wonderful, various outerwear. You'll soon learn that it's easy to do, too. Hugs!

The first one is exciding so will be many others. I just bought bra and panties last week and couldn't wait to try them on. And I've been do this for 50 yrs.
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Congrats! You did great! What is next on your list? One step at a time/onward and upward! Enjoy the journey! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Congrats I am sure you will enjoy wearing the new bra as I have for quite a few years.

A quick update for y'all.

Asew, that is too funny - the similarities are LOL, and the fact that your mother-in-law "bought" your first bra!!

Deebra, I took your advice and made myself some rice/pantyhose forms. YIKES, you are right!! THRILLED.

Theresa/Kay - so far no trouble with the SA's. In fact, not real interaction with them. I just popped in, browsed, made my selection - totally low maintenance and self-service in Target.

I can totally see how it becomes a regular thing to wear bra and panties daily. I've worn them to work every day now and don't see that stopping anytime soon.

Thanks to everyone, you continue to put a smile on my face with the support.

Hugs,
    Jenn

Jenn, that is amazing. Still remember my first one too. Bought a cheap sports bra back in college at Walmart. Now I have much better bras (regular and sport), and occasionally wear them out under my male clothes. The rice filled stockings are great, but breastforms are even better if you can save a few bucks for them.

that reminds me of my first time... yay Jenn! nowadays, im not sure i can count how many bras i own.. many colors, many brands... i did not put it on in the parking lot but i should have it took me 30 sec once i got home tho

Jenn,

One day someone will compile a volume of first-timer stories. Your tale is so cute; typical and funny too. I loved the part about pulling off the road, ripping off your shirt and donning your new statement of personal growth. Yes, I can picture it in my mind. I know the joyful feeling but don't know if I've ever been that compulsive. Love it, BTW.

Breaking through the barrier to dare purchase forbidden panties and bras is an adventure that I believe every CD experiences. I remember distinctly the moment and the day I brazenly walked into my local store to do it. It's so odd how I too felt like every surveillance camera in the store and parking lot was specifically focused on me, the bra pervert (LOL); almost like I was going in to the Target store [me too] to shoplift the bra. The truth is so different. The entire process was as anonymous as purchasing a bottle of milk. No one cared (except me). It was more like..... " That will be $16.84; Next customer please." Boring.

Good luck. Great fun story. Maybe we can all tell our own First Bra Purchase stories. I know every girl here has one.
    Wait until you go into your first women's dressing room to try on a dress.
    Congratulations, Jenn (and, what part of NC?)
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Silver Member
    Note that Jenn26 has updated her profile to show her state. Now, all of you sisters who want to help her grow as a sister, PM her and let her know you'd just like to do that. Maybe a meet up over coffee can be arranged.