I always new that my wife accepts and embraces me for who I am, including all my gender issues. It was slow at first while she adjusted but as time went on she came to realise that she really enjoyed my company when I was free to be myself and not suffering the stress associated with being denied that freedom. Over time some things have happened that made me realise just how accepting she was becoming, landmarks you may say. The first was when she came home with dress for me in my size that she found at the charity shop. It was a landmark not because she bought the dress but because she thought to look for it. There have been many since and these actions mean so much more than simple verbal confirmation.

So that brings me to the title of the thread, a sign of total acceptance. This happened to me recently when she bought me a new wig. Big deal do I hear you say? Well yes I think it was. There are lots of posts on this site about how the wig is the biggest transformation item, the one thing that finally removes the husband they know and brings forth a different person (and a 'real' woman if you're lucky enough to pass). Many of those posts describe how a wife has a problem with the wig, presumably for the reasons just stated. So she bought me a wig and I love it but that was not the sign of total acceptance. What was is the fact that she decided to look for one, found one in my size in a colour and style she thought she would like to see me in and bought it without asking me. I didn't need one, wasn't looking for one and we are both totally happy with the ones I have and yet she still did it, despite the resistance shown by some wives to the whole wig thing. She could see the effect this little thing had on me in my face when she told me about it, I had to explain that it is not the wig itself but the thought behind it that had made my year.

So that was my final sign not of acceptance but of total acceptance, did you get one and, if so, what was yours?