Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: skirts in the wind

Oh, it's natural, and a wonderful feeling especially in the summer. I am more of an A-line skirt or dress person anyway. Now where can I find a reliable breeze. Too much fun! Thanks, Brenda

My only outside time when dressed is usually on the back porch. We have a rather long wide porch with a double wooden swing. I can set out back dressed and hear the swing squeak as I rock but the cool of the slatted bottom and the slight cool breeze in the summer we get from the shade trees is when I love to set there in my dress and or my skirt. A light pair of hose under the skirt can make your legs feel so good as you lightly swing. I love setting there relaxing and drinking a glass of fresh squeezed lemon aid. It's yum yum to my tongue and the slight breeze is yum yum to my bottom. I do love my skirts. Especially the nylon ones.

Reality Check
    I like skirts as much as anyone but they are not popular among the women in my area so when I go out in public it's usually in jeggings. I have been out in a skirt but it has been a while. Most of my skirts are not the big flowing style that would catch the wind so I haven't experienced the "wind" thing.
    Krisi

Depending on just how windy it is. the degree I enjoy my skirt blowing around. Gentle breeze I love it. Hurricane force not so much. Me and the wife got an appreciative honk once in Denver. We were walking in Downtown Denver. Dressed nicely, a gust of wind lifts my skirt to almost my waist. Just as a car was passing. we got a honk from that.

Kelsey

Feeling the fresh breeze when wearing a skirt is just one of the many pleasures. One reason we are so drawn to female clothes is their great variety and, consequently, the wide range of experiences when wearing them. Skirts come in so many forms - straight, A-line, flared, short, knee-length, calf length, etc. and in so many materials from the light and floaty to the heavy and warm. It's the lighter, shorter and more flared styles that require care when it's breezy and even more care is needed when wearing stockings underneath whereas with tights it's less of a worry. Walking is easier in wider skirts but narrow ones are warmer. Curling up on a sofa with legs hidden beneath a skirt is a lovely feeling..... Skirts are enjoyable in all their forms and constantly remind us of our choice of dress.

I love skirts and how they drape and move around. I haven't spent enough time outside to enjoy dressed for there to be wind in my skirt though

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Love a little wind up my dress. I often get very sweaty while dressing, between the wig and makeup and foundation garments, so standing over the AC blower can be very refreshing.
    Last edited by Julie Denier; 03-23-2018 at 11:40 PM.

Silver Member
    Back in my youth, women wore slips almost always. Cars didn't have air conditioning. It was common to let the air blow through the vents and under your slip. I did enjoy a nice breeze blowing against my nylon clad legs when out side. When I moved north one winter, I replaced my nice cotton dresses and skirts with wool equivalents. Skirts went from free flowing to tight suit skirts or heavy fabric A lines. I also had a few sheath dresses. You hopped that the wind didn't get under your skirt. One night I had to get out of my car on a major road. I had on a medium weight dress with a full skirt. As I walked to the front of the car to knock the snow of my wipers the wind caught my skirt and sent it over my head. As I was getting back into my car I realized that a state trooper was slowing to a stop. I waved at him and got into my car and started up. He pulled along side of me and did a thumbs up. I took it to mean everything OK? Later I started thinking maybe he liked the show. lol While I don't wear many dresses today they are comfortable and not wearing nylons lets the breeze reach your panties.

I love my skirts, the wind blowing up them and blowing them up, and sitting down so I can hike them up further.

A skirt with a cute blouse is my favorite way to dress. Unfortunately though, I'm not very good at coordinating colors, so my combinations often don't look that good. So I usually go with a dress.

Silver Member
    Why women once wore slips (and a tiny number of us still do.) They afford a little extra "modesty protection" in those kind of situations (and they feel nice and are pretty of course.)

As TG I wear mostly pants, leggings and jeans in my daily life but nothing beats a short skirt on a nice day It still feels wonderful as the wind blows around my skirt and legs.

I wore a very nice strappy sundress to a warm summer art show in Davis. A young woman took a real shine to me and wanted to talk, and as we did my dress kept billowing up in the gusts of wind. She drily and very sympathetically said 'You're having a lot of Marilyn moments! '

I had both the good and the bad of the wind that day. But I'll never forget her simple friendliness.

I have a very short skater dress that flares in gusty winds, but doesn't lift more than an inch or two and doesn't flip up- perfect for SF! I'm getting good at estimating the behavior of skirts, as I love the swish and the rustle from walking, and from the gentle winds.

The other issue is how much the wind can flatten the skirt between our legs, making it conform to the body. There are nice print designs that make that less problematic as well!
    We are all beautiful...!

I was reminded of this post yesterday. As I walked toward where I was meeting my friend for coffee a gust of wind blew my skirt around. My jacket kept the skirt from blowing up too high but it was still a good experience.
    Hugs, Carole

Aspiring Member
    Just make sure you have nice panties, stockings and garter belt so when the wind blows your skirt up you look your best! And if you can put on a pair of heels it will help your legs look better too. Have fun! Sherrii