Thread: Fainted, and almost dressed

Fainted, and almost dressed

I've been feeling alittle under the weather lately and this morning I went to work and on break I ate my food and took some cough syrup. I started feeling worse and my co workers told me I wasn't looking good at all and to go home and get some rest. Once home I rested alittle and decided to get dressed and just relax dressed, I went to my room opened the Maria side of the dresser and my head started spinning and I sat on the bed. I don't know what happened but I woke up to the vision of my son and calling out, dad,dad. I asked him what's going on, he said he came home from work and he was calling me and came to my bedroom and found me laying on the floor. As my mind was starting to clear in the corner of my eye I see the Maria side of the dresser open, OMG! I jumped up and take a look at my body not sure what I was wearing, thank God I was in male mode and must have fainted and did so just before I got dressed. My son was stunned the way I jumped up and asked me what was wrong, I told him nothing and thanked him for waking me up. Wow that was close, if I would have got dressed I would have fainted dressed and my son would have been in for a big surprise.
    I'm still alittle light headed but I'm more freaked out how I don't remember anything in that period of time and how fast I fainted without any warning. Scary! And a close call.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You may have had a seizure or a black out. You might want to get checked out.
    I have been thru those and its nothing to play with.
    If you are coming down with a cold dizziness can happen but fainting with no recollection isn't good.
    Have you been under lots of stress at work or home lately?
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-22-2018 at 07:25 PM.

I am a nurse and as Tracii said you need to get checked out to rule out anything serious! hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Not a medical professional, but there are MDs in the family. That sounds like there might be a circulatory issue like not enough blood to the brain. Get it checked out on the double, there might be something going on (eg blood vessel in the brain ready to let go or a mostly blocked major blood vessel supplying the brain) that needs immediate attention. By immediate, I mean proceed directly to the local emergency department forthwith. Tell the triage nurse, ER doc and the other medical personnel what you posted here; they should give you priority over the minor stuff.

This is a situation where the best course is assuming a problem exists until proven otherwise.

Banned Spammer
    Don't be that person that says OH I'm OK because fainting/ blacking out is not normal.

Not a dressing problem, more like something more insidious than that.

Go see your GP now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Maria, I'm going to join in the go get checked out bandwagon.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Go to the doctors. I had a TIA in January, a sort of mini-stroke. Sounds similar. Stay well.

Hell-o Maria,
    First of all...please do as everyone has already
    suggested. Get it checked out!

Meanwhile...back to my useless query.

How long had you been “feeling under the weather”
    before your fainting spell? Have you ever had this type of
    fainting issue before?
    Are you on any other meds at this time?

You’ll hear it all again at the clinic.

Make an appointment today!

Oh! And if it’s not too much trouble...can I get the name
    of that cough syrup?

And OMG! I can totally imagine your panic stricken face
    upon wakening! You know??? The moment you caught
    just a glimpse of Maria being exposed to your son!
    I’m suprised you didn’t faint again!
    Your kid must really be worried about you???

I hope ya get to feelin’ better soon!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Do you really need another medical opinion to make you go get checked? If yes, then you have it. Hope it turns out to be minor.

Platinum Member
    I'm not a doctor, but Laura is. Lets hope you get a check up soon.

I do have a question: have you felt this light-headedness or felt near blacking out on other recent occasions?
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Maria, I am also going to agree with everyone else. Get checked out as soon as possible. There are many reasons why a person can faint. Some are not a very big deal. Some are an extremely big deal.
    I'm sure you came here to post about almost getting caught. I know that must have been quite a shock. Your secret may be very important, but your health is even more important. Please get checked out and let us know how it goes after seeing the doctor. Best of luck!

I was reticent to add to the chorus but.....

A friend of mind collapsed suddenly as you did. Woke up and then within moments collapsed once more. Fortunately there was someone there who recognised the signs and pounded on his chest until the ambulance arrived. Had they not done so he'd be dead. Cause, a blood clot. Sudden blackouts should leave alarm bells ringing so loud. So don't be a clot, get yourself checked out, soon, now, right away, immediately, without delay, even sooner.

What have you got to lose, except your life????
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

I would like to thank everyone for there great concern, and I took everyone's advice as I usally do here and my son drove me to emergency. It turns out I had a reaction to the cough syrup. Thanks again for everyone here I can't believe the great caring responses I got. Thanks to everyone one.

Glad it was that simple.

I'd like to think the cough syrup is now in the trash.

Banned Spammer
    So glad you are OK.
    Thanks for the update we were worried.

I must return to say I am pleased with the diagnosis.

Like others I tend to err on the side of caution, I think it helps to keep us well and live to enjoy what we have.

Stay well Maria.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I’m happy to hear you’re all checked out.
    I’ve had some fairly potent cough syrups.
    You really gotta be careful with that stuff!

How happy was your son when
    he heard your Ok

Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I've only ever fainted twice in my life. I was giving blood and hadn't eaten.... not good. The lady across the table who was stuck with the needle multiple times without success of a donation watched an freeked out and now both of us needed attention.

The second time was I had been hit in the head and required stitches. The ER shaved some hair and gave me 4 or 5 stitches. I was left there but decided I needed to go to the rest room. I looked at my stitches in the mirror. Then on the way back I felt myself going as the nurses had seen me (I must have looked like I was about to faint) they ran an caught me.

Both times it came upon me real fast. And both times the reasons we're easily explained due to what was going on just prior.

Your situation ... like others have said...needs to be explained. I know I would not wait. Timing is everything...have someone drive you...might save someone else's life too.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Cool!
    You got checked out while I was responding. Congratulations...all explained. Phew!

Just adding a happy note.

I'm so glad it was nothing more serious. We all want you to say with us many, many more years! Regarding the reaction to cough syrup...I used to have a beautiful SO who was an Acute Care Nurse. She explained to me, and warned me strongly, that with many, MANY medications, our reactions to them may change. What used to be just fine may now give us very unexpected symptoms, and cause alarming reactions. I've had similar things happen to me. Sometimes the symptoms were similar to problems that could have been warning signs of far more serious problems. I'm sure everyone here is breathing a big sigh of relief. We need you and want you here! My nurse SO also explained to me that some medications, such as cough syrup, have several medications within them, and they function by having "controlled" drug interactions. It can be very complicated, and our tolerance to them can vary widely, even within the same person. If we're sleep deprived, or if our food intake is a bit off, or we've aged a little (don't want to stop aging, to stop aging means we've passed on)...lots of things can make even mild medications turn on us.

I imagine you've had just about enough lectures about being careful and getting checked out by a doc rather than suffer all these horrible consequences we're all harping on - but that SCARED us! We care about you and don't want to lose you!

Stay safe, stay pretty,

Linda

P.S. Just a happy recollection... despite being a nurse and well aware of the problems high heels can cause, she loved it when I bought her shoes the she "never would have caved and bought for herself". 5 or 6 inch heels that I was lucky to barely stand up in, she would walk in so gracefully, elegantly, and beautifully - it just made my heart flutter. And she's such a wonderful lady in every way - a heart of gold. I recall our times together with great happiness.
    Last edited by Linda Stockings; 03-24-2018 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Just want to add a positive thought.