Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craigslist Personals no more, Most of the ads were um, how shall I say, 'eyeopening'?

Craigslist Personals no more, Most of the ads were um, how shall I say, 'eyeopening'?

Years ago I corresponded with a like minded individual who vacationed in Branson. He was about my age, very discreet and courteous, looked good no matter how dressed. We met through craigslist personals.

The ad was tasteful, no nudity, no d*ck picks, just some simple poses in a dress, a nice negligee and a slacks outfit, no face picks though.

Anyhow, we exchanged emails, a little bit of background about each other and what was our end desire. It was just companionship. I enjoyed hte interactions. Nothing sexual ... ok, may a few puns or 'inuendos' -- it was fun.

He would occasionally post again on Craigslist. I didn't know how to feel about that... we weren't in a relationship, technically, and I guess I didn't have any room to complain. He said he liked our interaction, but he felt, since he was in a DADT relationship (I'm not) and he was only able to indulge his passions when his SO was visiting relatives (Visiting relatives can be such a bore.... I like this sentence, it means two totally different things. lol) and his main passion was ...and here I don't really know who to describe what that passion was without offending others who may share teh same passion....

Let's just say that my favority fantasy when relaxing is being an Iowa farm wife... albeit now an older Iowa farm wife, conservative in dress in public, and a lover of nightgowns and pajama sets in teh bedroom. His was the same fantasy...but just carried to, what I considered, a trashy extreme...not that there's anything wrong with that...it just does nothing for me.

It is like what my wife told me once... my wearing Vanity Fair or Shadowline full cut briefs does nothing for her, but she knows how much I like wearing them, she loves me and that is a part of me... and that's all there is too it.

Wow, I started this about 4:20, watching Meet The Press, and I keep getting distracted by what's going on... focus, man, focus.

So I tried his scene once, it wasn't hard for me to do, my satisfaction was seeing his satisfaction. It really did nothing for me and it seemed to change the dynamics of our relationship. Our encounters became less frequent and eventually stopped.

I used to watch CL personals to see if he was posting... I either missed them or he never posted again.

Maybe he moved out of town.

We never met in person, just through email
    Last edited by Ozark; 03-23-2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: grammar / spelling

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    CL is a huge no no with me.
    Full of pervs that can't get a date by normal means.
    I have bought guitars on CL and met up with them and made our deal but sexual or meet up personals no way ever.

It is nice to see a positive response from a site like CL.

I am wary of most of these sites and I have never had a Facebook account.

I do have a valid email account.

I think I am being proved correct in that one now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    CL is going the way of the dodo and will be shut down before too long

Gold Member
    Why is CL shutting down? Not that is is some pristine reputable site, more like the slum of the internet but what is causing shut-down?

Usually the best policy for CL is to post one's street address, a photo of their house, and adult photos of ones self. It won't attract THAT many pervs.
    Sometimes when I post an ad like that on CL I make sure and mention when no one will be home so they don't waste their time stopping by.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Spammer
    CL has been a haven for sex trafficking and prostitution so there is a coming crack down on the personal section.
    I would steer clear just on account of that but its a slummy place to look for love.
    Go to a bar or just ask someone to go out if you find them attractive.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-24-2018 at 01:42 AM.

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    CL personals section is no more. When you click on any of the links a message comes up. It was mostly illicit people anyhow
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Though the CL can be real sketchy, here are some positives I've personally experienced:

I met Melissa in Tacoma.
    She is the friend who owned the women's shoe store that was 99% high heels that you really cannot find anywhere except online.

You can find pictures in some of my threads and a few videos from inside the store on my YouTube.
    She replied to my CL ad looking for someone to help make YouTube for and/or with my fem-self.

From that same ad I received only one negative reply.

The CD/TV 80's cover band I was in (can also find on some of my old threads here) was from CL.
    Though I'm no longer in said band, I'm still friends with the founder of the group.

I'm still good friends with a fellow CDer from CL.

Aside from being associated with crossdressing:

I got to play bass in several local bands from CL.

Lowered our rent by finding roomies.

I got to counter-troll some people that where attempting to scam me when I was selling my '75 Beetle (I really miss that car!).
    I told one scammer that a UFO crashed on my driveway last night, and of course demolished on the poor car.

Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Erin View Post
    Why is CL shutting down? Not that is is some pristine reputable site, more like the slum of the internet but what is causing shut-down?
    Only the personal section is shut down because a sex trafficking bill has been passed. Even the "strictly platonic" section is closed. I just saw a stripper for hire in the services section! No, she isn't a hooker (wink?).

...subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the let down. I know how the delusional hyped up presentations can be deflating and depressing when then
    glow of the truth finally and eventually shines through. It's ponderous as to why people continue to be drawn to such things knowing
    full and well it's predominantly fake nonsense................

"What's that? Craig's List? No. I was talking about Meet the Press."
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I met one of my boyfriends on CL three years ago. Anyway that’s how I thing of her. I see her about once a month. She is a fetish dressed, into leather. Not my thing, but I like her anyway. That and she loves me.

I’ve seen CD’s on there looking for friends. They just always are to faraway, besides I really don’t have the time for more relationships right now.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Ozark, interesting post. Altho, I'm clueless what u did with your T friend? I suspect u don't want us to know.

But, I can't figure out if u even ever met up? Or, simply did whatever u did together online!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Ozark, interesting post. Altho, I'm clueless what u did with your T friend? I suspect u don't want us to know. But, I can't figure out if u even ever met up? Or, simply did whatever u did together online!?
    Ah, sweet mystery of life!

It got laughable. I used to just read them, for fun. I noticed it got nasty since last summer. Too many wanted cash for whatever. I never took any of it seriously, nor would I ever answer anything in the personal section. For the rest of it, I've used that portion.

Makes me wonder what will happen next. Those advertisers are going to go somewhere.
    I don't dress up because I want to be a woman, I dress up to make me happy.

Doc apparently failed to read the last line of the OP.

I had a current ad in CL Strictly Platonic asking who are the women who like CDs. That's now kaput, so now I wrote a similar ad in the CL Discussions Forum in the Marriage and LTRs section. It's not as convenient there. I just checked out Backpage and it looks like they've had to change things, though they still have ads. But the ads mostly only have phone numbers, pictures and videos. I wonder if dating sites will be affected too. I've been using OKCupid for some years (without any real luck). I did meet one or two CDs near L.A. 3 years ago via CL.

By the way, who says the CL ads were by pervs? Pot calling kettle black? Don't a majority of the public consider CDs as pervs?
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Banned Read only
    US Congress just passed HR 1865, "FOSTA", seeking to subject websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused. We can't take such risk without jeopardizing all our other services, so we are regretfully taking craigslist personals offline. Hopefully we can bring them back some day.

To the millions of spouses, partners, and couples who met through craigslist, we wish you every happiness!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1865

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I met a college professor from Indiana on CL also a cd . We met at a restaurant for dinner and drinks and after a few cocktails towards the end the conversation got a little erotic,fetish,and S&M . With all due respect to all who peruse this sorry it's not me so I had to excuse myself. After that meeting I no longer met no one CL.

Reality Check
    CL is so shady that several cities in my area have set up "safe" locations where people can meet to buy or sell items. The areas have video monitoring. People have been robbed or even shot by someone trying to buy or sell cars or other things. I would be very wary of using it for that purpose, much less meeting people for dates, etc.
    Krisi

Wasn't the Craigslist killer on Craigslist?? I stick to the for sale and free stuff listings and you should be wary even there. I've managed to sell a few things on CL but never myself!!
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

From what I've heard the personal sections of CL have been filled with prostitution. Some ads made it clear with phrases like 'must be generous', and many ads got flagged because they were too obvious.

There's risk in driving too. I've taken the risk quite a few times buying/selling on CL. I've also met a few men from CL which was probably foolish of me. Still alive and well
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Silver Member
    They were fun to read ads on craigslist even if you didn't respond to them. I buy and sell stuff on craigslist and never had a problem but I am not in the big city.

The personals are still available in Canada for now. There are tons of scammers and prostitutes, no doubt. I have met both men and women in the past through CL personals with no issues or surprises. I also met my current and previous boyfriend through thee same personals. It is like using any online dating site, you have to be careful and smart about it.

for me i have bought several cars off cl and saved a lot of money , .
    jobs found a couple of leads when i was looking almost took a job that cl had offered but went a different route
    will say positive
    for the personals has been mixed ( I am very picky to be honest ) i have helped a few people dress that would not have the chance otherwise , first was a freek , second person was a person that turns out we knew each other for 30 years still friends but our
    styles are different third was a nice kid that looked very passible when dressed even i was like WOW but hard to meet up due to our work and getting time to get together
    Me i love to dress up conservative but classy been looking for a friend that likes to dress with me or for me vice versa that is local i am not much for the bigger groups that get together
    some people may say i was a (&*%@#) from CL because i am into friendship to treat people like someone not something if you know what i mean
    my picture
    also am i wrong because i love to dress / wish to find a friend to dress with and a friend to dress for me Just asking
    Attached Images Attached Images

My experience with Craigslist personals was always good. Over the last decade I have met a few people on there for crossdressed encounters. Like with meeting people any other way, you use your head.

Banned Read only
    things will move underground to the Darkweb,SilkRoad,Darknet,Deep dark web......ect...,