Thread: Sigma Epsilon — atlanta ???

Sigma Epsilon — atlanta ???

Hello all,

Is there anyone here that is a member of the Sigma epsilon Atlanta chapter of Tri- Ess? I have a new “hobby” and a bunch of new clothes and am looking for friends to go out with and have some fun...lol.

I think it’s takes a little time for the membership stuff to go through, but was hoping I could find someone in that group.

Don’t be shy,
    Tiffany

Tiffany , Phoebe Reece & Kelley are forum members who can help you with triess in Atlanta. Great group.... you will learn a lot & have fun. Enjoy your adventures. Peace, mel.

Tiffany,

I am a member of the administrative board of Sigma Epsilon and have been with the group for 16 years. We are a fun group that has many activities and regularly gets out in public. We meet one weekend every month. Please contact me by PM or email and I will be happy to give you more information about the group.
    Phoebe

Phoebe:

Please.... don't take any of this personally. It comes from a new and somewhat uninformed perspective.

I have spent the last year reading about "my condition", and what is driving my crossdressing; and if I possibly uncovered my long denied TG self. One of my reads, (of course) was Helen Boyd's book (My Wife Betty). In it she comes down pretty hard on Tri-Ess for being exclusive. And when I read the Tri-Ess home page, their charter and requirements seem fairly restrictive too.
    Limits on (possible) non-hetero and non-TG crossdressers? As I read through the pages of this forum alone, I count numerous CD men who don't honestly know the answers themselves at this point (gay? heterosexual? TG?). The whole CrossDressing endeavor is, by definition, an area of grey; somewhere between the male and the femme. I'd think that even your garden variety (and straight) CD has entertained the possibility of being gay or a TG-woman at some time.

As someone new to this community of crossdressers and transgender women, I'm not attacking. I'm just curious for my own sake, because Tri-Ess is something from which I believe I could benefit. The comfort, the learning, the growth, the fellowship But the membership terms seems a bit harsh too. I'd enjoy joining (if only we had a Denver chapter !); and be involved enough to learn what Tri is all about.
    Speak to me, Sister. Tell me about The Club.
    Last edited by IleneD; 03-26-2018 at 08:22 PM.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Ilene,

First of all, the book "My Husband Betty" was published way back in 2003. A lot has changed since then. I suggest you take a look at the Sigma Epsilon website (it's not hard to find). You will see that although Sigma Epsilon is a Tri-Ess chapter, that does not mean that we blindly follow Tri-Ess's public stance. Our By-Laws are on our website and have evolved over the years. Every chapter of Tri-Ess is an independent entity and there are major differences between each chapter.

Sigma Epsilon does not reject those who are gay. Our focus is on helping crossdressers regardless of their sexual orientation. We do prohibit members from soliciting any kind of sexual encounter with other members, wives, or significant others. We are definitely not a "hook-up" group.

Sigma Epsilon does not have the resources to provide what is needed by those who are transitioning, so those that are already committed to that path will not find what they are looking for from membership in our group. We have had many members over they years that, when they first joined, did not know where they really were in the transgender spectrum. We have helped them to find out. Those that decided to pursue full transition generally have found the help they needed elsewhere and left us. We do not abandon our friends. Since I've been with Sigma Epsilon no member has been asked to resign their membership due to their transition status. We still have a few long-time members that have legally changed their names and live full-time as women.

There used to be more Tri-Ess chapters than exist today, including one in Denver. There are many reasons why chapters have come and gone. Sigma Epsilon continues to thrive at least in part because we have a different approach to our meeting format from other chapters (a full weekend of activities, instead of just one evening), an emphasis on getting out in public places by those members comfortable with that, and an evolving approach to how we do business and seek out new members.

I can't speak for other Tri-Ess chapters. I do know they have different priorities than Sigma Epsilon. If there is a chapter you can attend, I suggest you look into it. But recognize that each chapter is different.
    Phoebe

What is the Site name. Tried to find it. but all that pops up is sigma phi epslilon.
    Part Time Girl

Sigmaepsilonatlanta.org

Phoebe,

Thank you for your informed, erudite response.
    I understand, and concur with, the need to not have an organization that becomes a "hook up site". Keeping it above board and clean (so to speak) maintains a positive reputation.
    I'm interested in reaching out and sharing with other people who have my "affliction"; my desire to crossdress. It's part of my own learning curve and self awareness. Tri-Ess sounded like something I might enjoy and benefit from.
    Based on your kind and intelligent response, I will try to find a group to enjoy Tri-Ess support.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I am a Sigma Epsilon member. I think it’s a great group. Although I don’t participate as much as I’d like, I do have fun when I do.
    ​Cindy