Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Who in your life knows you are a cross dresser right now?

hello Scarlett,
    the only person I know that knows is my wife; there are probably many others who have worked it out for themselves!
    luv J

Scarlett, great question but I have to answer with a qualified response....

My wife knows, has been minimally ok with it but not a fan.

My mother knew after catching me all dressed up one day, it went poorly though I've heard of worse responses let's just say it was not something I'd ever like to repeat! I have imagined a better scenario/reception to that day, but that is just a fantasy of mine.

As to anyone else who knows me as a male, no one that I'm aware of. There are those who I have either seen at a group meeting or in store and obviously know but they will likely never connect the two, at least for now! Everyone here is in the same group, knowing me as Jamie but not as Jxxx.

My wonderful wife knows and has bought me some clothes, but it's a DADT situation. I am also fairly sure my grown son and daughter also know. None know the extent of my wardrobe.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

1. All my wifes
    2. Mother and sisters
    3. Both daughters
    4. My best friend till he passed away.
    5. My doctor
    6. Everyone here
    GLENDA
    I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN

Well ones who know I dress:
    My wife
    My Daughters
    My Boss
    The HR girl.
    My partner but he would tell a sole

Kelsey

My barber and my bartender!

Banned Read only
    Athena...Short, sweet, and funny! XOXOXO Scarlett

My mom and dad. With them it is more don't ask don't tell. Also my sister. She is more open to the idea but still doesn't want to see Amanda.
    Last edited by countrygirl; 05-02-2018 at 11:02 PM.
    Amanda

The avvy pic isn't me
    I had an ex-gf who out of pure hateful spite was threatening to out me and so I pre-empted that by coming out to my dad.
    I'm sure my brothers and their families know, but not directly from my mouth.

I have a wonderful circle of lady friends I've met in recovery, there's about 10 of them altogether, 3 who are my closest, and they all know I am trans (non-binary).
    But then again, since I am that and it doesn't take a rocket propulsion engineer to decipher all the visible tells in my presentation, prolly a good many peeps can figure it out.

Just sayin,
    Cass

Good Lord, I'm just thankful down deep that I finally know it myself.

But,....
    The Wife of 41 knows. She hates it. Dreads it. Knows it can't be stopped. Confused. Accepting but not supportive.

My (adult) daughter. I may add that her daughter (my 8 yr old granddaughter), and my sister-in-law know. They all got accidentally flashed with a big TB screen photo of Ilene, resplendent in her blue spirit gown. My (then 6 yr old) granddaughter saw it first and exclaimed something about grandpa in a dress. The other women (wife incl) looked up to see a photograph [2 of them] of me. It did not sit well and the mistake hurt establishing a more accepting relationship with her and my CD (hard lesson learned about info control).

A female friend from the Navy. She was an Officer who served for and with me. She was lesbian and I always knew it and left her alone (per DADT policy of the time). She eventually was assigned to another command where the atmosphere was no as healthy (long ago). We reconnected via social network. I felt I knew her and kind of owed her the honesty.

My little brother. I almost had to. We were visiting and he began to pick up on "clues", like my earrings, and things mentioned on social network. Painted toenails was a give-away, I admit. I took another chance and "came out" to him. It was a true risk because my brother has always been a hard core, old-school bad ass guy. I actually thought he might punch me in the face for secretly being a "fag" and hiding my CD/TG all these years behind a macho profession and image. It all worked out far better and with more understanding and love than I could have imagined.

Oh! And.... my neighbor who caught me outside dressed. Not even close. Big time with no chance to run or hide. I don't care. He barely speaks English as it is.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Banned Read only
    Hi Stephanie, I think that gorgeous redhead of mine finally realizes how extensive Scarlett's wardrobe is based on the amount of closet space in the new home I've been allotted. And she doesn't seem to mind, however, she teases me about how much space I do have now in our new dream home which is almost a dead heat to what she's got now. We will both admit, we both have had a thing for really nice clothes. But when you are a cross dresser and a pretty darn good one at that, shouldn't you be allotted at least the same space as your wife? You really need nearly twice the space.

However, guys have been discriminated against having equal closet space for generations. Just walk through any new home being constructed and check the size of the men's closet right off of the master bedroom and then take a walk into the girl's space available right off the master bedroom. Not really fair is it? Especially if a guy likes clothes and shoes as much as the girl and what if the guy is a cross dresser? Shouldn't his closet be larger than the girl's? Not happening. No way. But they've been constructing homes with this disparity of closet space forever.

Just so glad my wife gives me the equal space I have now. She's a real sweetie but she will never want to be hanging out with Scarlett. Even though it would feel awkward for the both of us, especially on the first time out, I would still love to do dinner and a movie with my sexy wife with me dressed up as sexy Scarlett. We would make an ultra sexy couple! It will never happen so I'll just have to keep it as one of my fantasies.

Steph...how did I get on to rambling like this....sorry I took up so much space...Thanks for sending your answer in to my curious question! XOXOXO Scarlett
    Last edited by Scarlett398; 03-28-2018 at 12:22 AM.

1. My wife
    2. A former SA at Nordstrom
    3. A couple of current Nordstrom SAs, including one I have been to dinner with twice
    4. A sweetheart nail tech, who did my nails, and we became buddies. Been shopping with her, had lunch, and happy hour at Hooters

God and she does not mind............................Oh also GF , ex and my close close gurl friends which apx 1/2 dozen.
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Hi Scarlett,

Hope you are well. People that know about me are:

My long-term girlfriend
    My family and girlfriends' family
    Friends
    Work colleagues
    Ladies at different beauty salons
    Staff at different women's stores
    Friends on gaming forums
    ....and there's probably more i have forgotten.

Regards.

Sara x

After thinking about your " I'm curious as to who in your life right now knows you are a cross dresser today not 20 or 50 years ago" question Scarlett, here's my list:

My wife
    A few SA's (some connected the dots, others I've outright told)
    Three makeup artists
    The folks here, and on the StockingsHQ forums

My mom knew, but she falls into that 20 or 50 years ago category.

Karen

Don't forget our mutual friend Marlene, formerly owner of Destiny Wigs and Accessories, Karen. She's the best!

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    As I am not closeted I would assume that just about everyone who knows me must know about my lifestyle changes. I post pics of myself crossdressed on Facebook and you know how word gets around

Scarlett,

What a really good question. I like this because a lot of people are not totally "out", like myself I do remain in the closet... I venture out on occasion with a nice shear top or lay out in my bikini bottoms when I am feeling brave. . .

But who knows that I am a crossdresser. The ladies that work at Blythe Lingerie, three ladies from work (though I don't work there any longer we still keep in touch), my best friend and his wife, the really nice lady from Dillards (she helps me picking out clothes and sales).

So when I say "knows" me above that means that they know my real name and that we do see each other when I am not dressed. They know I am not "out" and have been nice to me. Have perfect strangers caught me or seen that what I have been wearing or noticed. Most assuredly. Should I freak out over it? No. The excitement of getting caught is still there, the anxious worry about "what will they think" is still there. But no one has really said anything to me nor has anyone made me feel uncomfortable.

I guess my list really isn't as small as I thought it would be if I think of numbers. I guess if I could pass easier the list would be a lot smaller and my secret would be easier to keep. But for now...

@--}----
    Michelle

1. My wonderful supportive wife. 😘
    2. Pretty sure, the hosiery SA at Macy’s. She’s retired.
    3. Probably Amazon. I buy a lot from them.

Only a few people know for sure about Stephanie, my Fiancee, her sister ( she caught us one time and has supported me fully since then) and a good female friend and her adult daughters. there are a few that I think have suspicions but have not said anything to me My sister, a woman I work with ( I think I bent down one time and she saw my panties) and my Mother in law to be

My wife,
    My two brothers, and who ever they might have told!
    and at least two other acquaintances, and so on, and so on...

Silver Member
    My wife, mother, sisters, friends, neighbors, and half the town maybe.

Banned Read only
    Hi Michelle...Really great answer to a good question. Very insightful and very comprehensive! I'm like you, Michelle, I have to stay in the closet, if you will, because of the very conservative part of the country I live in and because of my wife's occupation. I can't just get all dolled up as Scarlett and hop in the car and go socialize with others who cross dress or go shopping once or twice a week dressed as Scarlett.
    The rare times when I have ventured out I kept it to a couple of stores in our closest mall. I went to a Ross store one time after 8pm. I went to an old mechanic's garage that was closed and did a photo shoot after hours in the open air mechanic's shop. I was scared because it was in the middle of a pretty good sized city nearby and it was very late at night in one of the more risky parts of town.
    My list is small and I don't ever see it growing much larger based on my wife's limitations on my cross dressing, which I respect, and the conservative part of the country in which I live. Given those facts, it does make it extra exciting on those two or three nights a year a get a chance to go out. Next time I go out, I would love to go to town where there are a lot of bars one right after another and several that are linked together by hallways and just go all dolled up as Scarlett and just stroll though those bars and see how things went and if I got any second or third looks from girls or guys not wondering if I was a cross dresser, just them thinking "Wow that girl is really hot and I love the outfit she's wearing!"

That's it for tonight...Thanks for such a great answer to my question Michelle. Take care and have a wonderful upcoming weekend.
    XOXOXO Scarlett

My list is very small, my wife and one of my wife's Ant.

No one, hopefully the myriad of people out there that have seen me did not know what I am...
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec