Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outing yourself to your doctor

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit

Outing yourself to your doctor

So i had a new doctor i went to visit today for an initial visit. First time we met and in for a full exam including feet. I got a mild chuckle when at a certain point she notices a small spec of polish that i obviously missed removing from my toes and asks if i frequently did my toes? I mumbled something about it being a while since i had done them and she quickly responds with " well at least you share the same favorite color (for polish)." I kind of enjoyed hearing that. Exams are so humiliating getting everything poked so its nice to be a bit disarmed about it.

I had a different female doctor a while back who also had me take my shoes off and not expecting that i still had on a lovely shade of pink on my toes. She asked me why i liked to do that and just gave me a funny look. I just said it was something my wife and i shared from time to time.

I get the impression from these experiences that Doctors, especially women doctors tend to be very observant and its easy to forget or maybe it just not really caring to bother hiding some of the clues whether it was polish or shaved body parts. I think at one point i would be mortified if someone else knew but getting older maybe i just don't care as much anymore.

Anyone else have any similar experiences with their Doctor or podiatrist or anything like that?

All women are observant, especially my wife who still sees mascara on me, even after I've nearly washed my eyeballs away.

I think my doctor is suspicious of my crossdressing.
    While it wasn't necessary for me to drop my pants (I wasn't wearing any), I was expecting a 3mm camera on an optic fibre, but it felt more like a telescope.
    He then had a pretty med student also have a look inside me.
    A week later I was dressed the same for a scan of my lower intestines.
    DSCF0006a.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    Darla,
    I assume you were being examined in male mode ?

I have some problems with arthritis in my big toe joints , wearing steel capped work boots is as uncomfortable as wearing heels at times , so I'm hoping I might get a referral to get cortisone injections . I happened to have been supermarket shopping dressed and the surgery was across the road so I popped in to make an appointment , the receptionist was lovely , I asked if the doctor might have any objections to seeing me dressed she said why should there be and then went onto ask if I would like to change my registration name , I said it wasn't a problem because it's compatible name I use anyway .

It will be the first time I will see my doctor dressed but in between I will have dontated blood dressed for the first time .
    Last edited by Teresa; 05-25-2018 at 05:54 AM.

I have an appointment at the end of July and I'm planning on having a direct discussion with my doctor rather than leaving it to her to make her own observations. I really don't anticipate any issues.

I know it's just a typo, but it put a smile on my face when I read this...

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    so I'm hoping I might get a referral to get quartizone injections .
    I was thinking OMG! That must be one BIG needle!

Hope the shots help, hon.
    Last edited by SaraLin; 05-24-2018 at 06:24 AM.

Most doctors are more observant than you would think.

They hear everything, see everyting and say nothing.

You have to ask the right questions to get the right answers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I guess that I am one of the lucky ones. As some try to hide from their Doctor. I have no problems with my Dr knowing of my dressing even though I am out to very very few in my little town. other than the three in my immediate family 3 others know. My boss, the HR girl and my partner. Of course my Doctor knows too, as my wife is my Dr.

Kelsey

Banned Read only
    SaraLin,
    My sister in law had a simlilar problem and the injections worked fine for her .

I guess I should have added that I have no fear of what doctors think because I had to use my previous doctor for my counselling referrals . Also a funy story about the toe problem , when a female doctor checked my notes about the arthritis problem she said its fine if you wear sensible shoes , so I replied , " Oh nothing over a 4" heel !" She said , " I thought you might say that !"

Silver Member
    A couple of years ago I had an appointment with my dermatologist for a checkup. It turned out to be a full body scan and I had to take my socks off and reveal my bright red toenails. She said, "Oh, how Pretty" with a slight giggle. Busted!

The first time my primary doctor saw my painted toes I advised him I was a cross dresser. Since then I have had multiple doctors, from surgery doctors and nurses to ER doctors and nurses see my toes. I hid nothing and tell then if they ask. It is no big deal. They are professionals.

in response to the question i was in male mode, I'm very limited in my cross dressed excursions and didn't think it would be a good idea for me since this was the first time i was meeting her.

Silver Member
    About a year ago, my doctor announced his retirement and handed back all our medical records so we could find anotner clinic. I had a chance to read over some of his comments. In one he was quite derisive about the fact that I had my nails painted. So good riddance, he had terrible bedside manner.

I was able to get into the same clinic my wife goes to. For my first appointment, I wore a black polkadot chiffon skirt, a coordinated top and my black suede D'orsay wedges. Of course, he noticed! He sat facing me directly, but made no comment. What I wear is of no consequence, unless the topic is my transition, and I'm not going there.

Suzanne, i find that terrible that the doctor would actually write something in the records. Was that a woman or a man doctor?

Platinum Member
    I think a doctor would be negligent if he/she failed to record an observation such as gender variance. But making derisive comments in your record is utterly unprofessional. Its a private record meant to help guide you and your provider in making very personal health related decisions. Its not a place for expressing non-medical opinions.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    My urologist chuckled when he noticed I was wearing panties during a surprise prostate check.
    So, like, that's funny and not funny all at once. True story.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Aspiring Member
    Yearly full body exam with a young, pleasant, male dermatologist. I've shaved arms, legs and chest for the last five years. Not a peep from the doctor. He's a professional.

Ineke

My long time male doctor retired, and I was offered a younger, female, replacement. First visit was just to review and update. Second visit was needed due to an old knee injury acting up. I wore typical male shorts, but not one single look or remark as she handled and check over my shaved, moisturized, smooth legs with a swollen knee.

Karen

Once a year for a physical and blood work to a doctor many family members use? I don't care how professional he is, not opening that can of worms.

I normally go to women doctors, occasionally a man. The only comment was about my nail polish and was there a reason for it. My reply "I like it that way " got a smile. The underwear never got a mention.

I have recently been suffering with a trapped nerve so had to visit my osteopath (female) for a few sessions of treatment. I had to strip down to just underpants and, whilst I did go in male mode, my hair free body (including armpits) must have seemed odd but nothing was said. Unfortunately she was not able to fully sort the problem so I had to see a doctor (also female) for some medication. Again I had to strip down for an examination but no comment was made.

In the next few weeks I have to go to the doctor for a prostate examination so again my shaved body will come under scrutiny - not sure whether to wear a plain pair of panties or male pants.
    Sasha

Banned Read only
    Sasha,
    You have just reminded me of the time I had to see a physiotherapist, he was a young Polish guy ( very good at his job ) but he do give me an OH , No body hair when he saw my upper half . SO I told him straight why , he didn't quite get it so I took some pictures at my next seesion and told him I need full movement in my left arm so I can do my dress zip up . He gave me the two thumbs up sign and said he would do his best .

I had a simlilar incident when I had my leg X-rayed , the nurse after appeared to be slightly obsessed with stroking my legs when studying the X-ray results !

Aspiring Member
    Darla,
    I wear plain white cotton panties for doctor exams, but my legs are free of hair and I have very little chest hair. So I am sure my doctor, a male, has observed. He is professional and is focused on the purpose of my visit.

I had a recent fit-for-procedure exam with my doctor that was uneventful. About a week later I had cataract surgery, which I was dressed in casual female attire, but I decided to go braless. In hindsight, I should have worn a bra, as I am sure it would have been a none issue.

As my doctor is nearing retirement and several years ago I moved in the opposite direction of my doctor, I need to find a local doctor. It will be an opportunity to be free to express my gender identity freely. Oh, I will be looking for a female general physician also.

Teresa,
    I have to say my osteopath is very 'touchy feely' when it comes to treatment but that is probably part of her job. Not sure I want to come out to her though as it might make things difficult between us.
    Last edited by Sashauk; 05-27-2018 at 04:49 AM.
    Sasha

With the exception of my time in uniform all of my doctors since I was a teen have known.
    None of them have ever reacted negatively, and they and their nurses have seen me in bra and panties and with painted toe nails and only one said anything. Hurt my back some years ago and when I went in for a checkup I had a bra on, during the exam the doctor felt the bra. She stopped and asked me if I wore bras daily, when I said yes she told me to make sure I was wearing the right size and to watch the band and straps, make sure they weren't too tight. If I got the wrong size it would cause my back problems to worsen.
    One of the nurses told me she had a pair of panties just like mine once, said she liked them. I have always been treated professionally and nicely.

Banned Read only
    Heather ,
    The bra is a very good point , I do wnder how many CDers are wearing the wrong size , the problem i find is the adjusters sometimes twist over and can cause a severe irritation depending where they sit on the back . I haven't checked into it but some adjusters appear to be placed at the back and some nearer the front , the frontal ones are better I guess it depeds how long the manufactuers make the straps . I also don't overdo the weight of my forms .