Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter Dresses - How many of us were Jealous of our sisters and cousins

Easter Dresses - How many of us were Jealous of our sisters and cousins

My sisters always got new Easter Dresses every year and everyone would fuss over how cute they looked. I remember mentioning to my mom it seemed unfair. At that point she said with a huge smile that .she would gladly buy me a pretty Easter Dress and ruffly panties . For several days she kept teasing me about it. Darn I should have called her bluff because i know she would have dolled me up !

Of course several years later I was always trying them on when no one is home. Probably spent more time in those frilly dresses than my sisters
    f99bc5f9803e9c8a25c65967d64d230e.jpg

As a young boy I would look at all the .lovely girl's dresses and shoes in the catalogs and wish that I could have some of them. Later in life I was jealous of the women and girls as they wore their pretty Easter and Xmas dresses and shoes.
    Hugs, Carole

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    For sure the Easter and spring dresses always got my attention, wishing I could get one.
    Even now I still love the new ladies spring dress season

Easter dresses and sisters--great combination.
    How many of us wore our sister's clothes?

What affect does having sisters influence the chance you will be a crossdresser in later years?

Speak up--do you have a sister?
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 03-29-2018 at 02:06 PM.

I was an only child so that wasn't an influence. But yes I do wish I could wear a nice Easter dress. This year I did buy a dress that would look nice for Easter, let's see if I can make it to church on Sunday.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Not Me---I had a younger sister. Myself and associated those "puff sleeve" wide skirts and "Mary janes" with "little girls" As a kid I was never attracted to girls my age----I was ALWAYS attracted to older teenagers and WOMEN.---The Little girls don't have the "interesting "big girl" shape, parts" or wear the sexy clothes or makeup---. I never could understand how grown men could be "Pedophiles". What is there to be attracted to? My crushes were on the high school girls who rode the bus with me to our consolidated School system.

I told my first wife one year (after being out to her of course) that I was going to shop for an Easter dress one year. I did get one and while we were shopping at a JC Penny. I wore it to a few outings with local clubs. Once, sometime later, we were out eating lunch and seen a GG wearing the same dress....moment in time ...just admiring my choice on someone else.

Banned Read only
    I had no inclination to wear women's attire until puberty set in. More accurately in my early teen years. I had no female cousins. My sister is twelve years younger than I. In my mid teens I found and tried on one of my mother's summer dresses. Maybe I have some artistic blood flowing through me. I have always loved bright floral dresses.

I got to wear my sisters dress at a movie house when i was nine.To this day i can still remember walking down the stairs dressed in her pink dress and her black shoes .It was the happiest day in my life .LOVE EASTER DRESSES

Count me in the jealous category.
    So many cute frilly pastel dresses to choose from, and I had to wear a thick scratchy sport coat and a noose (err.. tie) around my neck.
    A few weeks ago, I found a couple of dresses at TJ Maxx that would make nice Easter dresses. One fit like a glove. I didn't buy it since I will be wearing my usual suit and tie to church on Sunday (sort of extending my Lenten penance through to Easter ).
    I will get to make a fuss over how cute my granddaughters look in their frilly dresses.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Never had any sisters so never gave it much thought.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Easter dresses and sisters--great combination.
    How many of us wore our sister's clothes?

What affect does having sisters influence the chance you will be a crossdresser in later years?

Speak up--do you have a sister?
    My mother has a picture of me when I was like 2 in a dress. Story goes that I was the same size (at the time) as a friend of mine that was a girl (cant remember any of this) so apparently I was the tester of the dress that or my mother was trying to have a little fun.

I had this really unhappy face of a child that was getting embarassed in the picture. I recently looked at it again and was like I wasn't unhappy about being in a dress. I was unhappy about being in THAT dress. It was absolutely hideous.

I have no sister but honestly dont remember ever being jealous about girls in dresses when I was little.
    Last edited by girlyman1977; 03-29-2018 at 06:58 PM.

Gold Member
    O'To be young again; I just wish I could get a dress like that to fit me.
    That would be a Ripley Moment.
    Rader

At a red light today I saw a young girl cross the street in the cutest dress, I was so envious!
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Years ago my then girlfriend's daughter had a baby boy a few weeks before Easter.
    We went shopping for clothes for the boy. While my girlfriend was picking out boy clothes, I spotted all the cute little Easter dresses. I kept picking up and showing mygirlfriend, and she finally got sick of me doing that, and told right out we're not getting him any dresses, and you're not ever going to dress him up.
    Well that just ruined my shopping trip for the moment, since I left her there and went to the lingerie department and bought myself a bra and panty set.
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

I stayed with an "aunt" over one Easter many years ago, she had two daughters and we were all going out for the day.

I looked like the odd girl out in jeans and shirt so to blend in I was given one of the girls dresses and a little purse to go out with.

Every body that saw us remarked on the cute short haircut that Beverley had.

I thought it was wonderful, I was five at the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U must be joking, Robbie? Easter's this week! Not the time to reminisce about missed opportunities. It's time to get revenge! Put your Easter bonnets on, ladies!

73292.jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Definitely me. I had a sister four years older and she was a very pretty girl. My heart would ache, when I saw her in her Easter dress, wanted to wear one too. Of course I did get into her dresses, especially the prom type dresses she had, many times.

I always was envious of the neighbor girl.
    She always got a pretty dress for Easter and wore it with white tights and white patent leather Mary Janes.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I grew up in the 50's with three older sisters in their teens. The fashions for girls were so feminine back then with full skirts and lots of petticoats. Dresses were made of satin, taffeta and chiffon and swished loudly with the slightest movement. I was always jealous of them but thrilled to be close to them during any occasion or holiday that required them to dress up. I did get to wear some of their dresses that were still in the back of the closet when I was older and got to be close to their size.

Silver Member
    My two older sisters always got the prettiest dresses for Easter. I loved them and wore them at times when I grew up to their sizes. I've often wished they made them today in women's sizes.

Aspiring Member
    When I was five years old, my parents sent me to live with my grandparents to start school early. I soon made friends with a guy named Dave who had a twin sister, Stephanie. Dave and Steph were very close, so I got to see Steph often. Dave's mother dressed Steph in the most gorgeous dresses with all the cute accessories at church every Sunday. This was back in 1960, in the days when everyone dressed up on Sundays for church. Their mother really got into having a little girl to dress up and in a big way. Even at only five years old, Steph could rock a frilly outfit, too. Some of my earliest memories are of Steph dressed beautifully. Easter for Steph was the best...in her brightly colored dress with white tights and patent Mary Janes and her hair done with ribbons is still as vivid in my memory as the day it happened.

I asked my aunt, who was only ten years old at the time, why I couldn't join the party. I don't recall her answer but she did think my questions were hilarious. Seeing Steph arrayed so wonderfully opened up my crossdressing inclinations and a desire to look as pretty. My aunt's reaction gave me clues that discussing this topic was not a good idea. It made a strong impression, both positive and negative aspects. By age nine, I was in a long skirt and peasant blouse for Halloween. They were my aunt's (outgrown) clothes.

I now have several gorgeous, beautifully colored colored Easter dresses. I wish I had more occasions to wear them. I bought my favorite in San Antonio in 2005. A personal shopper at Macy's in downtown Philadelphia sold me another that I enjoy often. My two most recent finds, I found while en femme at a mall in Charlotte. They are beautifully colored with matching bolero sweaters. For each, I have matching heels. Halloween may be a CD's holiday, but Easter cannot be far behind for inspiration and way ahead for sheer beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbiegirl View Post
    My sisters always got new Easter Dresses every year and everyone would fuss over how cute they looked. I remember mentioning to my mom it seemed unfair. At that point she said with a huge smile that .she would gladly buy me a pretty Easter Dress
    My mom did sort of the same thing. But of course said it in such a way that made me feel ashamed to have mentioned it, my sister overheard, and then belittled me for even mentioning it. I never said anything about it ever again.
    Of course several years later I was always trying them on when no one is home. Probably spent more time in those frilly dresses than my sisters
    Both my parents worked, and my sister preferred to spend as much time out of the house as possible. So I had lots of opportunities to borrow the clothes she outgrew (and even some of those that she currently wore).
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinaTwelve200 View Post
    I never could understand how grown men could be "Pedophiles". What is there to be attracted to?
    I discussed this at length with several of my psych professors when I was in school (mainly in an attempt to figure out myself; I was molested throughout most of my childhood). So, that's very long subject to explain. The first part is, men are so horny all the time, it doesn't take much (or even nothing at all) to generate sexual excitement. Next, because pedophiles were almost all sexually abused themselves, it seems that they have to twist logic to feel that since it happened to them, and THEY'RE just fine, then it's a good thing to have happen to you; so they proceed as if it's a positive thing. Add in the social awkwardness that they feel, so they're more comfortable talking to kids, and there you go. There's a lot more going on, if you want to learn, all the material is in the psychology section of your local college book store, or perhaps the college library. If it's hard to understand, don't worry; that's not unusual. After I found out that virtually all child molesters were victims themselves, I worried if I might turn out that way. But that's not what usually happens. Still, it remains a huge problem, best demonstrated by the catholic church's pedophilia scandal. 25,000 pedophile priests around the world? Holy crap, indeed. And it's still going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by girlyman1977 View Post
    My mother has a picture of me when I was like 2 in a dress
    My mom routinely dressed me up in my sister's hand me downs when I was a toddler. Kept my hair long, too, made up excuses why she didn't get my hair cut to my dad. She would change me to boy clothes whenever dad was home, though, until one day he came home for lunch early, found me in a dress playing in the backyard, and blew a gasket. From then on, HE took me for my haircuts. But a few years later when the Beatles were the trendsetters, even he let me keep my hair longer. Perhaps that was one of the reasons I was targeted by a pedophile. I'll never know.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Never liked the dresses my sisters wore, my mother and aunts, now that is another story.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Yes.. I always wished i could were a cute easter dress..when we were 8-years old..we all were cute
    Best Wishes, Paula