Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: do you dare yourself?

Hi Jacques. You said it was "pushing a personal boundary," so I would congratulate you. Well done. Now, on to the next one...

Rian
    HE doesn't know what SHE wants because HE doesn't know who SHE is

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Dare is as good a word as any for that internal conversation that drives us to the next level. Some will call it a personal challenge or setting a more difficult goal, but in the school yard that was a dare. I've done it any number of times, but rarely called it a dare. It's usually self-described as "This is something I need to do but don't know if I have the courage." One time it was leaving the house in the middle of the night for a walk in the back yard. Another it was standing in line for the ladies room behind a woman with her young daughter (and I REALLY did need to do that one).

However we try to motivate ourselves it seems to always be toward growth in one way or another. The question I have is what drives that need to dare, challenge or set a more difficult goal?
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Silver Member
    My liberating dare was to go out with a friend as his date back 60 years ago. What started as a joke entry in a contest kept expanding. Originally, I figured that I would go as an amateurish impersonation. He pushed to go seriously all out. My landlady knew I was a CD and she was a beautician. She offered to do my wig and help with any other things I needed including my makeup. We decided to go as a beach party couple. I tried to have a Sandra Dee look. I grew up wearing my sisters' clothes and dancing as a girl. So I was comfortable wearing a dress and even dancing as one. I had the petticoats and bought a dress that would fit the occasion. We went in a convertible to the event. We ended up winning one of the prizes. No one caught that I wasn't a girl which was very good for me back then. Being a small guy helped.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 03-31-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Liz I loved that story. Sounds like you had a great time.
    When I was 15 I went to the high school prom as a girl. My girl friends I grew up with coaxed me into it as a gag.
    It was my first time dressed as a girl.
    This was the late 60's and my hair was really long so they did my hair and piled it on top of my head like they did theirs. Had an extra gown and shoes that fit me so off we went to the prom.
    It was a lot of fun.

Hell-o Jacques,
    Every outing seems like a personal challenge.
    If you can...think back to your very first outing, while
    on your current outing, and realize how far you’ve traveled.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

All the time. The last year has been a series of hurdles and pushing the envelope. Pretty much without exception all positive results.

I've gone for a makeover/makeup instruction three times. First in drab and then fully enfemme. This was in a salon where I was surrounded by girls and makup artist all working on making people look pretty. Wow - mind blowing.

On the way home from one of these sessions (the first where I was fully enfemme and makeup on) I headed to one of the busiest local malls. Cruised through there with no real fuss or muss.

Started attending local CD support group on a regular basis. Fully enfemme of course. After every meeting we hit an LGBQ friendly bar. Super friendly and supportive. Once we hit a restaurant for supper. There was about 8 of us. A few raised eyebrows but nothing serious.

Each CD meeting I've tried to push the envelope. Stopped in at a liquor store and made a purchase. On the way home stop in at the local supermarket. Really nothing bad happened. Went about my business as I needed too and no one really cared.

I have more things in mind for stepping out. Learning a lot from members of the local CD group. No one has had a mob with torches and pitchforks chase them. Really very little issue with stepping out. I'm still building courage but I keep pushing.
    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? - Dr. Suess

Sometimes it's a bit edgy (Dare) - IMG_20170108_060033.jpg

Sometimes, it's just normal life stuff -IMG_20170203_110004.jpg
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I guess i don't think of it as daring myself, but more as a gradual progression of what i want to do.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Perhaps Dare is the wrong word,but what you did seemed to yourself as a huge step so fair play to you.But for me I don't see any new experiences I go through as Dare's but landmarks on my road to being happy as Sophie,so if it all stopped tomorrow I'd be happy with what i have achieved, but I hope there's many more landmarks to come
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I do not understand your description of your underdressing in relation to pushing boundaries. I mean what you have on under your clothes is irrelavant, surely. How would anyone know? I dare you to let someone see the fishnet tights next time.

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Everytime i go out, i consider it pushing the boundaries. I think that is a statement that summarizes it up for almost any CDer
    [B][I]Call me Michelle: doll:

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle Crossfire View Post
    Everytime i go out, i consider it pushing the boundaries. I think that is a statement that summarizes it up for almost any CDer
    Not for me. I don't look at it like that at all. Yes, I realize that from a certain point of view, anything a TG person does can be said to be pushing (or crossing) boundaries, but for many of us, that's not the perception.

So how is it that way for you, Michelle (if you don't mind my asking)? What boundaries are you pushing when you go out?

I have been stepping ever so slightly out of the drab for a while. several short rides and walks in full dress. and i always underdress. My jeans are all skinny women's. I have several long sleeve blouses that i wear around. They came from the women's department but don't look overly feminine. And i am constantly thinking how to inch a little more into the female side of dressing full time.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

never dared myself. But maybe challenged myself once or twice.
    Part Time Girl

I'm a sporty / athletic kind of person so, yes, I pushed the boundaries. At my gym I wear feminine athletic apparel: bra top and crops, or an over-sized shirt and tight. On my feet are some sleek and soft coloured running shoes.

hello All,
    many thanks for your replies,
    luv J

Banned Read only
    Yep Jacques...Just dared myself last week when I went right out on the front porch of our new dream house in our new neighborhood while full up girled up as Scarlett and took about seven photos of me as Scarlett in broad daylight while everyone was coming home from work. Luckily, no one drove by while I did all seven of photos of Scarlett! How's that for a dare?

Super question by the way! Sincerely Scarlett