Thread: Renewing Vows (with a twist)

Renewing Vows (with a twist)

My wife and I just recently celebrated our 24th Wedding Anniversary and in a joking way I told her that next year we should go to Vegas and renew our vows, expect this time I get to wear the dress. You should have seen her eyes light up! She first said that she could get a really cool suit, then she said that she was going to have to make a respectable women out of me, and would need a ring. It has been a non stop discussion since then looking online for dresses, talking about where to stay and what we are going to do while we are there and very soon we will make our reservations. We are not sure which wedding chapel we are going to go to and if we are going to try to do something that is themed. Too Bad the Star Trek Experience is no longer at the Las Vegas Hilton........ We are both nerds and would have loved to get married on the set of the Enterprise........ I am leaning towards an old Vegas wedding, maybe with an Elvis impersonator or get a singer that sings Sinatra and Rat Pack songs.

I am thinking the next time we go out of town for a "girls weekend" she is going to pop the question and give me a ring! It has been such a wonderful gift that she supports me and loves me like she does and I never would have imagined the excitement and fun we have had trying to plan this. When we got married in 94, we were just like, lets get this done and get to the honeymoon. This time we are really savoring and relishing in the idea of making this an "Event!"

Looking for suggestions and anyone that can share similar experiences. We will keep you posted too!

Mattea

Mattea, this sounds like a wonderful idea! Isn't it funny that something meant to be a joke is about to become reality?

Say hello to Elvis for us!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I bet you could find a great group of bridesmaids here.

TamaraD - What a great idea, we are going next February!

Sami - absolutely!

That is so cool your going to have a great YEAR planning this. Please keep us posted on the plans.

Silver Member
    Mattea, what a wonderful idea! I Googled your location .. you are a nerd! Be fully formal. Your fantastic wife should wear a TUX! Unless you plan to keep your bridal gown, RENT it. Hugs to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by TamaraD View Post
    I bet you could find a great group of bridesmaids here.
    I wont lie I would totally do it. Just a fair warning I might be taller than pretty much anyone in either party. and I WILL wear heels....

Nice idea keep working on it. twenty fifth is great time to do it.
    Part Time Girl

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    How wonderful, Mattea! That u and your SO can still share "the adventure" together. You're both very lucky!

I had all sorts of fun, crazy, things planned for my one wedding. But, she kyboshed them all immediately! Needless to say, we aren't married anymore.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

What a fantastic idea! My wife and I will be celebrating our 35th this year. She's tolerant of Linda, but we've been on a mostly don't ask, don't tell "cease fire" peace agreement for years. She "approves" and tolerates everything A LOT. Sometime I'm sure we'll have "A BIG TALK", set boundaries, etc. But until ready, I'd rather not push her too far. I believe we both look back on how she found out about Linda with humor, but not so much as to joke to each other about it. But gosh, it would be fantastic to plan and do the sort of thing you're planning. What better way to renew your vows? To me, that will be THE way to demonstrate to everyone, and of corse both of you, that you each love and cherish each other completely, no matter what your clothing or identity preferences are at any time. AND I THINK IT'S TOTALLY WONDERFUL! I wish both of you all my best.
    Hugs, Linda

I think your planning is spot on, it should be a good show by the time you get there.

You should invite some guests also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Mattea, what a wonderful idea! I Googled your location .. you are a nerd! Be fully formal. Your fantastic wife should wear a TUX! Unless you plan to keep your bridal gown, RENT it. Hugs to both of you.
    Yep - Proud Nerd!

I am planning to move to Las Vegas this coming summer, so I should be available to attend if you like. Of course, you may just want your privacy.

Anyway, congratulations on the long and successful marriage!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sami Brown View Post
    I am planning to move to Las Vegas this coming summer, so I should be available to attend if you like. Of course, you may just want your privacy.

Anyway, congratulations on the long and successful marriage!

Sami
    Sami! Consider this an invite! I was there in February for a week for work and did a bit of scoping things out. We are planning late Feb or early March to take advantage of the cheaper flights and deals. Hope you have a good move and keep in touch! I love the desert, we drove up towards Mt. Charleston while we were there but didn't get all the way up there. If you haven't ate there, go to the Peppermill Restaurant! It is amazing for breakfast and they are very friendly!!!

My wife and I just celebrated our 26th + 2 (years together before marriage). The vegas idea, with reverse roles sounds like a blast, especially in Vegas. My wife accepts my dressing and has always been OK with my attending DLV, but she would never, never agree to such participation or going out with me dressed. She is ultra conservative.

Good idea, Mattea. I will be an exciting experience!
    True, my wife would never do this, but I have a couple nice wedding dresses from a thrift store. And don't forget the strapless bridal longline bra, plus the veil, plus the full-length bridal petticoat, (or two). Find a ring! Something borrowed--something blue! Hair in an updo! Pearl earrings. It will be memorable, for sure!

Sounds like a wonderful idea and hope all goes well and happens with this!

I wish my wife would be open to this idea. She tolerates my cding but does not participate. I hope you have a great wedding.

OMG how lucky are you.
    Angie

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Let us know what vendors and venues you use. My wife and I are thinking about doing something similar in a couple of years!
    Life is too short to be boring.